DEFEXPO-2022

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I feel a SFDR based ARM or A2G missile is also possible
and must be explored by DRDO. Can be a highly manoeuvrable and Mach 2-3 missile while being lighter than even Brahmos NG but with similar range.
Well i would like a three pulse missile , electronic controlled solid motor combustion and pulsejet to be explored first

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Guys sorry for the noob question - Is an anti radiation missile called so because it releases an EMP kind of wave to jam enemy EM signals, or just that its a regular explosive ordinance but designed to inflict massive damage on enemy radar/elint installations ?
Its seeker is designed to search for radars (more precisely, electronic radiation of any kind, works against radars, Electronic Warfare systems, and at closer ranges IG could be used against communications etc as well). It has its own passive radar, which only observes signals (therefore, doesnt give prior warning to radar that it is being locked on by aircraft) and maintains its direction even if targeted radar is turned off.

Most common use is for SEAD/DEAD, to knock out radars of anti air systems. Uses pre fragmented warhead to shred the radar to pieces.

Arpuster

Country flag
Well i would like a three pulse missile , electronic controlled solid motor combustion and pulsejet to be explored first
Those things will be first explored in A2A missile. Here SFDR tech is already developed by us and is being tested in A2A role so simultaneously A2G missile can be developed in less time.

The Shrike

Country flag
F - 16 wing ? Isn't this against the national interest. I mean the next F-16 wing they manufacture would be shipped straight to the porkies to be shot down by another Abhinandan ! How can this be allowed ? What is the rationale
It's working as designed - LM probably has some offset commitments to fulfill, Tata is making some $$$ (and hopefully learning something about building aircraft structures).
1667928323093.png

The Shrike

Country flag
Mou between jsr dynamics and and munition india

If anyone remember old defence expo , this company had presented some of its products -

View attachment 179311View attachment 179309View attachment 179310

Also they were developing long range rocket

Its all old news . Dint find anything this year regarding them in internet except the MOU .
Sounds shadey to me, half a dozen dummy models and CAD images shown over the years not even one working prototype or test.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215