Defexpo 2020

IndianHawk

Country flag
And let’s not miss that these stories are coming up at a time when F-18 is preparing for ski jump trials.
It will be windfall for Boeing. A little ski jump and voila they are contender for 10-12 billion dollar order. And then mlu later.

Btw formar chief BS dhanoa made mockery of f16 and f18 saying that Americans have good jets but they are f35 and f22.

Craigs

Country flag
Navy does want indigenous jet ! That's why it went to Ada to change nlca to tedbf. That's how tedbf came into being.

If navy didn't wanted indigenous plane then it could have simply told Ada to drop nlca and close shop.

Anyway only time will tell the true story .
One honest question, how many engines did the Sea-harrier have?

IndianHawk

Country flag
One honest question, how many engines did the Sea-harrier have?
Even f35 has just one. That's beside the point. Navy wants longer range and more payload then what nlca MK2 was offering.

Craigs

Country flag
Even f35 has just one. That's beside the point. Navy wants longer range and more payload then what nlca MK2 was offering.
On the pocket carriers that we have aint no 2 engine aircraft operating that is for sure. The mig 29k experience should be warning enough. In order to accommodate the 2 engines the designers had to make so many compromises that it hardly survives a few deck landings.

The US marines who operated the conventional carriers never opted for 2 engine planes they went straight from sea harrier to f35.

I don't know what is wrong with Indian Defence Planners, are they drunk while drawing up their requirements.

Chinmoy

Country flag
The US marines who operated the conventional carriers never opted for 2 engine planes they went straight from sea harrier to f35.
I think you forgot about F/A-18 which is primarily a deck based aircraft.

If we look at world wide current scenario, except F-35, no other fighters are single engine ones.

AbRaj

Country flag
On the pocket carriers that we have aint no 2 engine aircraft operating that is for sure. The mig 29k experience should be warning enough. In order to accommodate the 2 engines the designers had to make so many compromises that it hardly survives a few deck landings.

I don't know what is wrong with Indian Defence Planners, are they drunk while drawing up their requirements.
US have any conventional (non nuclear powered) carriers? That’s news tO me.

Akula

Country flag
US have any conventional (non nuclear powered) carriers? That’s news tO me.
Marines operate LHD's which acts like a carrier. Before F-35, Harriers use to operate from them. Displacement of these LHD's are almost 40,000tons.

AbRaj

Country flag
Marines operate LHD's which acts like a carrier. Before F-35, Harriers use to operate from them. Displacement of these LHD's are almost 40,000tons.
missed that.Thanks............

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ezsasa DEFEXPO-2022 Defence & Strategy 1248
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215