Defence forum of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As the name of the forum suggests, it's a forum of India. But it is our endeavor to make this forum a global one and we welcome posters from all nationalities over here. There is a feeling that since it is an Indian forum, posters from India have the right to abuse others over here. But members are requested to read the forum rules which strictly says it is not allowed. This is a discussion forum and not an abuse forum. We welcome seriously thought out posts with logic and facts rather than those made out of emotion and with the purpose of abusing and derailing any thread. Members not following forum rules will be warned and if there is consistent violation they will be banned. No one can think that since this is an indian forum, they have the license to abuse others and get away with it.

Posters from outside India while welcome to post freely here have yo keep in mind that no baiting, trolling is tolerated here. You can debate with vaild points.

For any offensive posts by anyone, there is report post button available. Please use that. The moderators will take further action.

All the forum rules apply on the shoutbox as well. It should be used to chill out and knowvotger members and not hurl abuse and get personal with other members.

Members please note that the staff will take strict action against any member violating forum rules regardless of their nationality.

A.V.

all members are hereby requested to please read the announcement section with all the detailed rules for the shoutbox and the forums please do not ask the staff team questions such as:-

1> why was my post deleted? we always leave a reason behind contact the respective mod if you do not agree with the reason cited.

2> why was mr x banned ? the staff do not inform other members about the reason for ban its member privacy which we value certain permanent bans will be notified on the announcement section with appropriate reason cited

3>please i want to be a star member ? not entertained at all

please use the pm service to get in touch with the mods regarding your problem

enjoy DFI
together we can make it the best defence forum around

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Just taking point one in Avis post, mods also may not give any reason for any post or thread deletion. It has been told ample number of times that irrelevant and one liners not adding any value to the thread will be summarily be deleted. So will any thread which is deemed uninteresting for any debate.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
another point that needs a mention is the use of sms language on the forum. the quality of posts made gets measured in various ways and one such measure for sure is the way the text is written and it will be best that members do not use any such sms language on the forum. such posts shall be moderated which would mean they either be edited, and if the member persists with such language then that post will be deleted.

johnee

Well, IMHO, this forum is not Indian(except in name). At best, this forum is a neutral forum which gives everyone a chance to air their opinions in a civil way. But since most members are indians(because the name of the forum attracts Indians), the Indian point of view tends to slightly dominate the discussions. Otherwise, the forum treats all the issues and all members equally. Nothing Indian about it.

PS: MODs, if the post is inappropriate, please delete it.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
Since the day this website started and I joined up this has been a place that has welcomed people of different backgrounds and nationality..even the Admin of Pakistan defence(lol). It is one of the things that make this forum unique...it is nice to have the perspective of a person from a foreign country. I find that it.....sheds new light on things.

johnee

Since the day this website started and I joined up this has been a place that has welcomed people of different backgrounds and nationality..even the Admin of Pakistan defence(lol). It is one of the things that make this forum unique...it is nice to have the perspective of a person from a foreign country. I find that it.....sheds new light on things.
I agree. The forum is surely unique. But I was responding to the claim made in the first post of this thread that this forum is Indian.

This forum doesnt propagate Indian view. It only provides a neutral base for everyone(regardless of nationality) to express their views without abuse. That makes this forum unbiased and neutral(a unique achievement), but definitely not Indian(since it doesnt give any special treatment to Indians or Indian issue nor does it propagate Indian point of view).

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Johnee,
What do you mean by special treatment to Indians? What special treatment is required for Indians?

A.V.

The forum is indian as the name suggests because the subject matter of discussion here is primarily indian , we discuss topics which are related to indian defence this does not mean that only indian members have the right or are given a special treatment in regard to forum matters and discussions , we encourage free views from any corner of the world provided they are within the forum rules
nationality has no bearing on the decision making process here, we are very transparent about our forum details we consider all the suggestions and views from the members in conducting the forum in a smooth manner,
unruly members have been banned irrespective of nationalities and the neutral approach that we have tried to implement in the last 6 months will in the long run prove to be the winning stroke.

johnee

Johnee,
What do you mean by special treatment to Indians? What special treatment is required for Indians?
Yusuf,
I am not expecting any special treatment for Indians on the forum. I am saying that the forum doesnt qualify as an Indian forum(just because it names itself so). I fail to see anything Indian about defenceforum.in except that majority of members here are Indian(because the name of the forum attracts indians) and therefore the discussion generally is slightly India centric. If this forum had named itself 'English Defence Forum' then it would have predominantly attracted british members, so the discussion would have England-centric. The bottomline is that the forum(along with its rules and regulations) in itself have nothing specially Indian about it. They are neutral.

An Indian forum would have to have atleast one of the following qualities in my view:
-the forum gives special treatment to its Indian members and their posts.
-the forum propagates Indian point of view(or Indian propaganda)

Does this forum do any of the above? I am not sure. If it does, then it cant be a neutral forum(or global forum). If it doesnt, then it surely becomes a neutral forum, but then it cant be an Indian forum. The forum can be either neutral or Indian.
IMHO, Perhaps the only thing Indian about the forum is that the MODS and ADMINS are Indians(correct me if I am wrong).

To me, being Indian and being neutral are mutually contradictory. If I am Indian, then I am biased towards India. I view everything with Indian lenses. I am not neutral. If I am neutral, then I view everything from neutral point of view. That makes me unindian. Hope you get my point. As, the admins and mods have made it clear many times, that they aim to be a global forum(or neutral forum) with an 'Indian touch'. I gather that perhaps the aim of the forum is to provide a neutral forum with Indian mods or admins. But that definitely doesnt make the forum Indian.

Hope I made myself amply clear. And, obviously, I mean no offence to any member or the forum itself.

regards.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
What is "neutral point of view"

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
no, I am serious in asking this question. What exactly is the definition of "neutral view".

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As far as i know, this forum allows all Indian point of view. Thats what we have been debating and discussing so far an in the future.
But by being Indian biased you mean that we allow Pakistan bashing and China bashing and calling them different names and curse everyone, then no that is not our meaning of an Indian forum.

We cannot live in our own world in a bubble. We may be living in a false sense. Only if we get outside view will we be able to expand our own view.

johnee

As far as i know, this forum allows all Indian point of view. Thats what we have been debating and discussing so far an in the future.
But by being Indian biased you mean that we allow Pakistan bashing and China bashing and calling them different names and curse everyone, then no that is not our meaning of an Indian forum.

We cannot live in our own world in a bubble. We may be living in a false sense. Only if we get outside view will we be able to expand our own view.
Of course, the forum allows all Indian point of view( I have never claimed otherwise), just as the forum allows all Mangolian point of view or Turkish point of view. The forum itself doesnt promote any view. Which makes the forum neutral and unbiased. I think neutral means supporting nothing nor opposing anything as long as posters stick to rules(which are themselves neutral).

Well, an Indian forum would bash and allow its posters to bash any nation or a group of nations that is working against Indian interests. Obviously, this forum doesnt do that. Infact, it goes to great lengths to stop posters from doing it. That makes the forum neutral. There is no problem if the forum is neutral and unbiased, but the pretence of being Indian is not right. It might misguide some casual reader about Indian point of view or Indian interests if he refers to this forum for it.

IMHO, the only thing Indian about this forum(other than the name) is its exclusively Indian moderation team and admin team.

Neo

I think johnee is confused :bye:
Easy on him mate, I believe I do understand where he's coming from. Its impossible to create a "neutral forum" while based in any of SA countries. DFI is India based so I would expect it to apply " India First" policy since you donot and cannot aford to be a mouthpiece of non-Indians spreading anti-India views under the Indian flag.

On the other hand I would also expect non-Indians to understand the hospitality endorsed by this board to share their views and not to provoke Indians on sensitive matters.

Just my do paisa...:d_training:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Johnee,
You are getting confused between promoting indian point of view and bashing other up.

All the posters here present their views with facts and sometimes with emotions. All Indian posters promote all kinds of views including non defense related. In the defense section where we get majority of the other nationals posting, there are points raised,countered and debated.

If by saying you want to propagate a view that "India can whip China in a day" and discuss all the might that India has in doing so without getting a counter from Chinese guys saying what capability they have, then its like living in fools paradise.

Remember strong nations always try to get the outlook of other nations they are competing with. It allows it to get even stronger. Its always good to know your enemies/competitors strength and weaknesses, and its always good that they under estimate you. Coz when push comes to shove, its likely that they will get a bloody nose.

johnee

Yusuf,
I think you missed the point. Neo just explained my view. I am not saying that the forum should become fanboyish(if thats what you thought). But to me this forum is just like a venue, a place where people come and discuss issues. The place(forum) itself doesnt promote any Indian view or Indian interests. Everyone gets the same treatment. So, how does all this make the forum Indian?

A.V.

An Indian forum would have to have atleast one of the following qualities in my view:

2.-the forum propagates Indian point of view(or Indian propaganda)

ok i can see your point of view
1. if you are speaking about indian propaganda or a propaganda of any sort then sorry we do not have any

-the forum gives special treatment to its Indian members and their posts.

about special treatment to indian members then again sorry we here treat all members as equal irrespective of nationalities but for members who contribute heavily towards the success of dfi we honour their efforts and have special incentives for such members but again its not limited to nationalities
the view you endorsed is your personal belief and we respect that but the staff and management team of dfi are sure that we are an indian forum with a world view and there is no confusion on this

now if you consider these points only to be branded as an indian forum then we are sorry but many indian members here might not agree to your point of view on this issue who the whole idea is that it depends on how you look at things from a personal view.
regarding the functioning of DFI we are very transparent in our approach we take into comsideration the opinions and suggestions of all our members in matters of conducting the forum operations smoothly.
in the last 6 months of our existence we have have provided a neutral ground to voice their views to indians an other nationals alike but during that period we have never entertained any views that tried to malign india indirectly or directly
our functioning for the last 6 months and also in the coming months will prove what DFI really stands for and believe me in the long run members wont be dissapointed

the very fact that we are discussing openly forum policies and approach shows that we value each and very members view here and are always ready to learn and improve do you find such instances on any other forum till date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles