Defence forum of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Johnee,
Indian in the sense its a forum to discuss issues pertaining to Indian defense. Its military, technology, strategic etc. And also other issues that effect the lives of Indians. This forum is for Indians to get an outlet for the thoughts they have on various issues. But all others are welcome too.

You will not find that on a forum from China or Pakistan or any other place.

Neo

Since the day this website started and I joined up this has been a place that has welcomed people of different backgrounds and nationality..even the Admin of Pakistan defence(lol). It is one of the things that make this forum unique...it is nice to have the perspective of a person from a foreign country. I find that it.....sheds new light on things.
Just for the record, if you're referring to me then I am no longer associated to that place. As a matter of fact I am a banned member there eventhough my status shows that I'm an active Senior Member. :connie_jail:

Bus lets not derail the thread, just wanted to put the fact straight. :sarcastic:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Neo,

You are banned at PDF?:shock:

What about Asim Aquil?

Neo

Neo,

You are banned at PDF?:shock:

What about Asim Aquil?
Yes Sir, I am banned and Asim is still there. But I donot want to derail the thread, we can talk over PM's or email. :)

johnee

in the last 6 months of our existence we have have provided a neutral ground to voice their views to indians an other nationals alike
Exactly what I am saying, sir. A neutral ground, not an Indian ground.

Anyway, as for the forum itself, it is a very very qualitative forum and DFI has done very well in its short existence and I am sure it will grow bigger. The mods and admins have done a great job as well.

But the claim of this forum being Indian, I find, is hypocritical.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Yusuf,
I am not expecting any special treatment for Indians on the forum. I am saying that the forum doesnt qualify as an Indian forum(just because it names itself so). I fail to see anything Indian about defenceforum.in except that majority of members here are Indian(because the name of the forum attracts indians) and therefore the discussion generally is slightly India centric. If this forum had named itself 'English Defence Forum' then it would have predominantly attracted british members, so the discussion would have England-centric. The bottomline is that the forum(along with its rules and regulations) in itself have nothing specially Indian about it. They are neutral.

An Indian forum would have to have atleast one of the following qualities in my view:
-the forum gives special treatment to its Indian members and their posts.
-the forum propagates Indian point of view(or Indian propaganda)

Does this forum do any of the above? I am not sure. If it does, then it cant be a neutral forum(or global forum). If it doesnt, then it surely becomes a neutral forum, but then it cant be an Indian forum. The forum can be either neutral or Indian.
IMHO, Perhaps the only thing Indian about the forum is that the MODS and ADMINS are Indians(correct me if I am wrong).

To me, being Indian and being neutral are mutually contradictory. If I am Indian, then I am biased towards India. I view everything with Indian lenses. I am not neutral. If I am neutral, then I view everything from neutral point of view. That makes me unindian. Hope you get my point. As, the admins and mods have made it clear many times, that they aim to be a global forum(or neutral forum) with an 'Indian touch'. I gather that perhaps the aim of the forum is to provide a neutral forum with Indian mods or admins. But that definitely doesnt make the forum Indian.

Hope I made myself amply clear. And, obviously, I mean no offence to any member or the forum itself.

regards.
Pardon to interrupt you my friend. i totally disagree with you. if you are here to share your knowledge and learn you should expect ideal environment. Also if you are interested in Indian propaganda you should learn the real art of any propaganda to make it effective not bias. i wont go in details but you should hang in here and participate. That what you can do in first place. This is THE Indian defence forum and it is all about Indian view point. to be a bit personal(as you r Indian to me :)) i have learnt every thing from my critics and opponents in my life.
You are open to say here what you want but please don't jeopardise the cause of this forum. However there are many different forums on web go and try to find how many topics are about India (negative or positive).
This is new Forum most the members are young and new to such exposures. You will find people given priorities and special treatment every where. its a part of natural human instincts and interactions. As Shakespeare said:Some are born great others achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them . its a very random and unpredictable thing.
just hang in there, be a part & feel accepted...
Cheers

fruit

hi all im new to the forum ,,,,,,,,,im glad to be with us .............jaihind

Contract Killer

Wow................. I feel like i am at Home. Hi every one I am New to this forum. I hope i will learn a lot here.

SHASH2K2

Welcome to DFI Family. Please introduce yourself in members section so that we can all welcome you formally. I might be intrested in giving you contract to eliminate some of my enemies.

first be

Tihar Jail
Banned
I will select all the Scam heroes as the govt advisers because they no the Loop Holes of the Policies.

Aruni

Hello to all!

Apologies to some of the oldies for not being a regular here. I did find some interesting threads whilst browsing here today, and may have already lampooned some of our economically and geopolitically challenged friends. Don't take it personal guys (you know who you are), I am simply shooting the message not the messenger.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Hi Aruni,

As long as you don't trip the well defined lines, this is not the Kim Jong's forum either.
Hope to see you around more often now.

Regards,
Virendra

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am not expecting any special treatment for Indians on the forum. I am saying that the forum doesnt qualify as an Indian forum(just because it names itself so). I fail to see anything Indian about defenceforum.in except that majority of members here are Indian(because the name of the forum attracts indians) and therefore the discussion generally is slightly India centric... The bottomline is that the forum(along with its rules and regulations) in itself have nothing specially Indian about it. They are neutral.
As I see it, DFI is Indian :india:, with foreign participants. It is not an official entity of the Republic of India (and God forbid).

Nexus

As the name of the forum suggests, it's a forum of India. But it is our endeavor to make this forum a global one and we welcome posters from all nationalities over here. There is a feeling that since it is an Indian forum, posters from India have the right to abuse others over here. But members are requested to read the forum rules which strictly says it is not allowed. This is a discussion forum and not an abuse forum. We welcome seriously thought out posts with logic and facts rather than those made out of emotion and with the purpose of abusing and derailing any thread. Members not following forum rules will be warned and if there is consistent violation they will be banned. No one can think that since this is an indian forum, they have the license to abuse others and get away with it.

Posters from outside India while welcome to post freely here have yo keep in mind that no baiting, trolling is tolerated here. You can debate with vaild points.

For any offensive posts by anyone, there is report post button available. Please use that. The moderators will take further action.

All the forum rules apply on the shoutbox as well. It should be used to chill out and knowvotger members and not hurl abuse and get personal with other members.

Members please note that the staff will take strict action against any member violating forum rules regardless of their nationality.
sir i want to talk with u in private

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Nexus

As the name of the forum suggests, it's a forum of India. But it is our endeavor to make this forum a global one and we welcome posters from all nationalities over here. There is a feeling that since it is an Indian forum, posters from India have the right to abuse others over here. But members are requested to read the forum rules which strictly says it is not allowed. This is a discussion forum and not an abuse forum. We welcome seriously thought out posts with logic and facts rather than those made out of emotion and with the purpose of abusing and derailing any thread. Members not following forum rules will be warned and if there is consistent violation they will be banned. No one can think that since this is an indian forum, they have the license to abuse others and get away with it.

Posters from outside India while welcome to post freely here have yo keep in mind that no baiting, trolling is tolerated here. You can debate with vaild points.

For any offensive posts by anyone, there is report post button available. Please use that. The moderators will take further action.

All the forum rules apply on the shoutbox as well. It should be used to chill out and knowvotger members and not hurl abuse and get personal with other members.

Members please note that the staff will take strict action against any member violating forum rules regardless of their nationality.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Kay

Country flag
Hi All
I just joined the forum, though was a longtime lurker. I work in IT and my knowledge on defence related matters is limited at best. I am interested in defence technologies (and civilian technologies as well). In the end, I wish these technologies to be used for the betterment of the nation first and humanity in general. Though I admire defence technologies, I am more of a pacifist and wish they are not used in real wars.
Thanks and Regards
Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles