Defence budget 2021-2022

DivineLight

@phndr @Cruise missile @Kumata since you guys liked that over qualified guy's post, what do you make of this post?

Python 5 will be again fired from Tejas
Then gun trial
Then astra mk1 trial from Tejas..... planned after aero India 2021
43 improvement s .. coming with mk1a...
And it's take time..
2 lsps are being modified
And radar and other subsystems are being tested in rig..... before the finally fit on test bed ......as mk1a prototype........
@Cruise missile you even liked it.

Kumata

Country flag
About Mk1A prototype is done thing and we are jumping into production strait away.
Well .. For MK1A ... what ever is in public domain, the IOC aircrafts are already flying with FOC software....and IAF is happy... i remember reading somewhere that 4 of inital batch are in process of prod already... again my Source is OSINT....

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Why the heck do we need a rocket force now? Raise more Artillery Divisions. Why increase nonsense bureaucracy by creating new arms of Army? The aim rn is to cut the flab.

With I Corps' Cockerel and Red Eagle divisions moving to Ladakh as a Strike Corps and 17 Strike Corps receiving another division (apart from 59th Div, from god knows where) and moving to Eastern Command, we now have need of two more Artillery Divisions.
Plus, the 33rd Armoured Division and 42nd Artillery Division that are freed from split up of I Corps can be moved to X Corps to convert X Corps into a Strike Corps. That way, we'll be able to retain three Strike Corps in plains and have two for the mountains. Although not sure if IBG concept retains the Sunderji doctrine as an option. All this talk of copying China to counter China is nonsense.

Also, right now, we don't have the resources to raise a Marine Corps. We don't even have the resources to raise the 72nd Division meant to be a part of 17 Strike Corps. No point splurging on a Marine Corps at this point. We are not Americans.
We need to have a sizeable inventory of Tactical Ballastic missiles and Cruise missiles which can act as a deterrent and also seriously threaten Chinese bases, ammo dumps, airstrips in Tibet.
Brahmos isn't the answer to everything, plus it is expensive.
A seperate Rocket Force other than SFC should be raised.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
We need to have a sizeable inventory of Tactical Ballastic missiles and Cruise missiles which can act as a deterrent and also seriously threaten Chinese bases, ammo dumps, airstrips in Tibet.
Brahmos isn't the answer to everything, plus it is expensive.
A seperate Rocket Force other than SFC should be raised.
No need for a separate "rocket force". We don't need more military bureaucracy.
TBM can be made part of Artillery Divisions: A TBM Brigade with two regiments of Prahaar and one of Pralay should be created. Similarly, Cruise Missiles should be clubbed under a different brigade. MRLS is a third brigade. Two more brigades for howitzers plus sufficient SATA assets. That can be the composition of one Arty Div. Four such Arty Div, two for each front, are sufficient. Everything apart from ITCM, Prahaar and Pralay are already in place.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
@phndr @Cruise missile @Kumata since you guys liked that over qualified guy's post, what do you make of this post?

@Cruise missile you even liked it.
Sorry bro....I am not over qualified.......
Atleast check my contribution to this forum......
Never ever misbehaved anyone..... always tried to be a polite member...
It's up to you...
Judge me bad or good

dude00720

Country flag
No need for a separate "rocket force". We don't need more military bureaucracy.
TBM can be made part of Artillery Divisions: A TBM Brigade with two regiments of Prahaar and one of Pralay should be created. Similarly, Cruise Missiles should be clubbed under a different brigade. MRLS is a third brigade. Two more brigades for howitzers plus sufficient SATA assets. That can be the composition of one Arty Div. Four such Arty Div, two for each front, are sufficient. Everything apart from ITCM, Prahaar and Pralay are already in place.

I think , in long term, A missile is a way to reduce strength in Infantry. Like today, we don't really have cavalry. One day we will have unmanned fighter Jets.

DivineLight

Sorry bro....I am not over qualified.......
Atleast check my contribution to this forum......
Never ever misbehaved anyone..... always tried to be a polite member...
It's up to you...
Judge me bad or good
I didn't say anything about you, brother. Infact I read your posts on lca thread. It was that dude fellow who was saying my earlier post didn't qualify his standards. I used your post to show him Mk1A prototype is not done yet.

AMCA

Country flag
Considering the quick pace of Defence modernisation being undertaken by our adversaries, we're lagging behind slightly. Continuous & heavy dependence of Indian armed forces on equipment of foreign origin needs to be addressed through indigenous capability development: Army Chief

sorcerer

Country flag
Government sanctions ₹200 cr for weapon upgradation of the three armed forces
The cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday delegated more financial powers upto ₹200 crores to senior commanders of the three armed forces for the purchase of critical parts for overhaul, refit and upgrade of existing weapons systems and platforms in a bid to cut down on processing and procurement timelines.

sunshine

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The best thing is to define the border with China.
Determined the border China is a country that likes to build walls, it will wall the border, and then install a good camera.
Just like China's massive border wall with Burma and Vietnam.This shows that China will not be endlessly demanding more once its borders are defined.After all, Myanmar and Vietnam are much weaker countries than India.The boundary is warmer and wetter for habitation.China should not be demonized as a villain with unlimited greed for land.Or China wouldn't be building a border wall between Burma and Vietnam.
It is not a wise decision to get into an arms race, after all, China's military expenditure is only 1.3% of GDP. 180 billion US dollars, including 40% of equipment procurement and 30% of training,that's $72 billion a year in equipment purchases.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The best thing is to define the border with China.
Determined the border China is a country that likes to build walls, it will wall the border, and then install a good camera.
Just like China's massive border wall with Burma and Vietnam.This shows that China will not be endlessly demanding more once its borders are defined.After all, Myanmar and Vietnam are much weaker countries than India.The boundary is warmer and wetter for habitation.China should not be demonized as a villain with unlimited greed for land.Or China wouldn't be building a border wall between Burma and Vietnam.
It is not a wise decision to get into an arms race, after all, China's military expenditure is only 1.3% of GDP. 180 billion US dollars, including 40% of equipment procurement and 30% of training,that's $72 billion a year in equipment purchases.
No arm race is going on , india needs weapon capability , just like china did in 1990's , we just can't trust china , not just because of recent events , historically chinese have betrayed india every time we wanted peace .
Also we need weapons for exports , also we have a lot of enemy ,as we grow a lot of new will be created .

China needs veitnam , Myanmar as it's vassal states , look at their influence in their governance , also it will help in re routing exports in case of sanction.
Indian is just a problem challenging them every where . Vietnam don't have huge market growth potential like india . No asian market has potential to compete with china except india .
Also china need open hand in indian ocean region , which a strong india will never allow .
Yeah military expenditure is a problem right now , but without this we can't deal with china

sorcerer

Country flag
India reserves Rs 70,000 crore for domestic defence procurements
India has reserved over Rs 70,000 crore of its defence capital budget only for the domestic sector as part of a series of steps to remove the tag of being among the world’s largest importer of weapons. Announcing that 63 percent of the outlay in the current budget is for domestic procurement, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that it would go a long way in boosting the industry and another negative list for imports is likely to be issued soon.

“My Ministry has planned to invest, about 63% of the outlay for 2021-22 on domestic procurement, about Rs.70221 Crore for domestic defence procurement during for 2021-22,” the minister said at a seminar on the defence budget organised by the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles