Dalai Lama blames suicide protests on Chinese 'cultural genocide'

no smoking

Country flag
Maybe the Chinese posters could throw some light on the Manzi.
Sir, you are just too old to catch up with world. I guess most of Chinese youth today may never heared of this word. Why, because that is the story 100 years ago. If you realy want to understand today's china, you need to read some today's book.

It is just like as a person living in 2011, you just keep asking me how it is like to ride on the horse every day.

SNB

I want to ask Ray, niharjhatn, for that matter anyone posting to this thread, what has the Indian taxpayers have gotten out of supporting the Tibet government in exile ?
I mean they don't come outright and say the want their own country , they still adhere to the line that they are part of China. If they are part of China , so whats all the moaning about? The Dalai lama himself says that he accepts Tibet as part of China , but wants more autonomy . I am a born Indian citizen and have no love for the Chinese , but the money Indian government spends supporting the Tibetans in Dharamshala , can be better spent on , "STARVING" Indian citizens you can find in any part of the country , economic boom or no. Spend more money on the health and welfare on Indian citizens and taxpayers than , foreigners ( no matter how much we might feel for their situation).

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Nobody use that word any more. You read too much, but understand too little. :rofl:
It was good enough for Marco Polo; it's good enough for me :-D
Mangi

From Chinese Manzi (southern barbarians). The division of North China and South China under the Jin Dynasty and Song Dynasty weakened the dogma that China should be unified, and it was common for a time to call the politically disparate North and South by different names. While Northern China was called Cathay, Southern China was referred to as Mangi. Manzi often appears in documents of the Mongol Yuan Dynasty. The Mongols also called Southern Chinese "Nangkiyas" or "Nangkiyad", and considered them ethnically distinct from North Chinese. As Marco Polo used it, the word "Manzi" reached the Western world as "Mangi" (Machin). The Chinese, themselves, saw "Mangi" as a derogation and never used it as self appellation.
Names of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Actually, Marco Polo said "mangia" because he liked Chinese food.)

Last edited:

Tianshan

I want to ask Ray, niharjhatn, for that matter anyone posting to this thread, what has the Indian taxpayers have gotten out of supporting the Tibet government in exile ?
I mean they don't come outright and say the want their own country , they still adhere to the line that they are part of China. If they are part of China , so whats all the moaning about? The Dalai lama himself says that he accepts Tibet as part of China , but wants more autonomy . I am a born Indian citizen and have no love for the Chinese , but the money Indian government spends supporting the Tibetans in Dharamshala , can be better spent on , "STARVING" Indian citizens you can find in any part of the country , economic boom or no. Spend more money on the health and welfare on Indian citizens and taxpayers than , foreigners ( no matter how much we might feel for their situation).
if only the rest of you thought like that, then maybe india would not have hosted them, and there might have been no china-india war.

but they made their choice already.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Indian Govt has given refuge to the Tibetan as per the UN Charter.

I wonder if there is any financial aid being given to the Tibetan Govt in exile. I have not noticed such a thing in the Budget.

However, it will be good if someone corrects me.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
if only the rest of you thought like that, then maybe india would not have hosted them, and there might have been no china-india war.

but they made their choice already.
It is a good thing that the 1962 war happened.

It woke India up and taught the politicians that the world is not the utopia they thought it was!

Peace had its price and India paid for being blind peaceniks!

Last edited:

Nagraj

His holiness just lost some respect in my book.
people are committing suicide and as a leader all you do is blame .
Really!!!

Nagraj

Will you ask the same question about supporting bangladesh???
does the value of life means nothing>?

no smoking

Country flag
The Indian Govt has given refuge to the Tibetan as per the UN Charter.

I wonder if there is any financial aid being given to the Tibetan Govt in exile. I have not noticed such a thing in the Budget.

However, it will be good if someone corrects me.
As an accountant, I believe there is plenty of ways to hide certain expenses in your budget that the people in other professional cant find.
For example, according to one indian member in world affair board -- lemontree ?? (I cann't remember exact name), india army has a force consist of tibetens. If that is true ( I believe him as he served in the indian amry), that is actually a kind of financial and military aid, which means india goveronment is helping tibeten gov in exile to set up an army.

no smoking

Country flag
It is a good thing that the 1962 war happened.

It woke India up and taught the politicians that the world is not the utopia they thought it was!

Peace had its price and India paid for being blind peaceniks!
Yes, it is a good thing. It make sure that any indian politician will think twice before he or she initiate any new 'forward policy', especially after he or she kept rejecting the opposite's proposal of starting a deplomatic negotiation in last 10 years.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, it is a good thing. It make sure that any indian politician will think twice before he or she initiate any new 'forward policy', especially after he or she kept rejecting the opposite's proposal of starting a deplomatic negotiation in last 10 years.
Actually, the Indian politician has beefed up the Tibet border with two more division and China is wailing over the same.

Check what you media has to say about that.

Negotiation about what?

Unless China moves out, there shall be no negotiations.

ice berg

Actually, the Indian politician has beefed up the Tibet border with two more division and China is wailing over the same.

Check what you media has to say about that.

Negotiation about what?

Unless China moves out, there shall be no negotiations.
Deterrence is not war fighting. You can beef up the defence all you want. As long as you dont try the "forward policy", you can spend as much money as you want.
What does the media got anything to do with it?
Dont you used to say they are all controlled by the CCP. So now what they got to say is suddenly relevant? Ha ha ha.

I doubt some retired brigadier got anything to say about wether India should and should not conduct negotiations with China.
There has been ongoing negotiations for years now. wake up.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Forward Policy means creating defence on the border.

That is exactly what is being done!

The Chinese media cannot publish anything that is not approved. Hence, it is taken as having official sanction.

About not negotiating is not what I have said. It is the stand that has been taken by the NSA, Shiv Shankar Menon!

He has taken a hard line and that is why India is appearing no longer keen to please China.

ice berg

Forward Policy means creating defence on the border.

That is exactly what is being done!

The Chinese media cannot publish anything that is not approved. Hence, it is taken as having official sanction.

About not negotiating is not what I have said. It is the stand that has been taken by the NSA, Shiv Shankar Menon!

He has taken a hard line and that is why India is appearing no longer keen to please China.
Not when you place your outposts in disputed area claimed by the other side.

You mean every chinese newpaper has to get approved before they can print anything? HAHAHAHA. You got any idea how many newspapers there are in the country? You mean everyday they have to send their papers to CCP and wait for their approval? ROFL

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not when you place your outposts in disputed area claimed by the other side.

You mean every chinese newpaper has to get approved before they can print anything? HAHAHAHA. You got any idea how many newspapers there are in the country? You mean everyday they have to send their papers to CCP and wait for their approval? ROFL

The defence are on what China claims is theirs, even though they are delusional!

Yes, it is a known fact that Chinese media is mouthpieces of the CCP (Peoples Daily, Global Times et al).

China has free media? Since when?

ice berg

The defence are on what China claims is theirs, even though they are delusional!

Yes, it is a known fact that Chinese media is mouthpieces of the CCP (Peoples Daily, Global Times et al).

China has free media? Since when?
Peoples daily, yes, global times, yes. But to say that all chinese media is mouthpieces of CCP?
If some indian newspaper is crap, does it means every indian newspaper is crap? Try to have some common sense and basic logic first before you post something.

Global Defence

Articles