CVRDE to develop stealth battle tanks to power Army

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Published April 27, 2012 | By admin

SOURCE: DECCAN CHRONICLE

The Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) in the city has embarked on an ambitious mission to develop "stealth" battle tanks.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and CVRDE have planned to develop futuristic battle tanks with a lot of modifications, P. Sivakumar, director, CVRDE, told Deccan Chronicle after Sathyabama University conferred an honorary doctorate on him on Thursday.

"We have two varieties of futuristic battle tanks — soft kill, which will protect the tank with camouflage and hard kill, which will not only protect our tank" but also fire at enemy tanks, he said.

DRDO had asked the city-based defence lab to develop Arjun Mark 2 on the successful performance of Arjun Mark 1 battle tank, Sivakumar said, adding that CVRDE scientists had identified 89 improvements in the Arjun Mark 1 tank.

"The Arjun Mark 2 tank will move to Pokhran in Rajasthan on May 10 for firing after which the Army will start its trial on June 1," he said.

Later in his convocation address, Sivakumar said that DRDO had planned massive programmes in robotics and unmanned aerial vehicles for various applications.

"Nano-technology and bio-technology will change the face of future war fighting. It will eventually make tanks, aircrafts, ships and spacecrafts further lighter and stronger," he said.
CVRDE to develop stealth battle tanks to power Army | idrw.org
Sample image attached...

Attachments

agentperry

well i see any report over this coming only after 2 years interval. till then sit back and watch other drdo projects getting completed, unveiled, delayed or questioned

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
"Nano-technology and bio-technology will change the face of future war fighting. It will eventually make tanks, aircrafts, ships and spacecrafts further lighter and stronger,"
Anyone who even browses the internet would know it.

What a million dollar discovery for this man.

All talk and no go!

p2prada

They need to justify their large budget by making such claims. Majority of our population is gullible after all.

A chauhan

Country flag
Well i am with DRDO, if you start early you finish it early, though DRDO is famous for long delays.But if you have to call for foreign help for your projects call it now, why delay?

pmaitra

Well i am with DRDO, if you start early you finish it early, though DRDO is famous for long delays.But if you have to call for foreign help for your projects call it now, why delay?
Yes, and no.

It is pragmatic to get help right away than first try, fail, and then seek help. On the other hand, from a research perspective, it is a bad idea to get a crutch early on. First try, and try long enough, before you give up and seek help.

Two ways to look at it.

shubhamsaikia

It's not impossible a task. When an entire aircraft can be stealth... Moreover I think we underestimate the Arjun.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Published April 27, 2012 | By admin

SOURCE: DECCAN CHRONICLE

The Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) in the city has embarked on an ambitious mission to develop "stealth" battle tanks.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and CVRDE have planned to develop futuristic battle tanks with a lot of modifications, P. Sivakumar, director, CVRDE, told Deccan Chronicle after Sathyabama University conferred an honorary doctorate on him on Thursday.

"We have two varieties of futuristic battle tanks — soft kill, which will protect the tank with camouflage and hard kill, which will not only protect our tank" but also fire at enemy tanks, he said.

DRDO had asked the city-based defence lab to develop Arjun Mark 2 on the successful performance of Arjun Mark 1 battle tank, Sivakumar said, adding that CVRDE scientists had identified 89 improvements in the Arjun Mark 1 tank.

"The Arjun Mark 2 tank will move to Pokhran in Rajasthan on May 10 for firing after which the Army will start its trial on June 1," he said.

Later in his convocation address, Sivakumar said that DRDO had planned massive programmes in robotics and unmanned aerial vehicles for various applications.

"Nano-technology and bio-technology will change the face of future war fighting. It will eventually make tanks, aircrafts, ships and spacecrafts further lighter and stronger," he said.
CVRDE to develop stealth battle tanks to power Army | idrw.org
Sample image attached...
I must say people in India have been reading such good reports for last 30 years...
DODO is only propaganda,.. bloody sucking money and so far has not proved much...
They sell dreams to threatened Indians.... who dread in their dreams to be enslaved once again...
On ground they are DODOs rather than scientists....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
120 smooth bore is also a propaganda. Is it battle proven ?? Tell me...
@Bhadra ji,

Didn't get you ?

I must say people in India have been reading such good reports for last 30 years...
DODO is only propaganda,.. bloody sucking money and so far has not proved much...
They sell dreams to threatened Indians.... who dread in their dreams to be enslaved once again...
On ground they are DODOs rather than scientists....
Wont leave a chance to bash DRDO whenever have chance..

I would blame Manufactures not deginers , that is so crystal clear..

A chauhan

Country flag
Yes, and no.

It is pragmatic to get help right away than first try, fail, and then seek help. On the other hand, from a research perspective, it is a bad idea to get a crutch early on. First try, and try long enough, before you give up and seek help.

Two ways to look at it.
Yes ! how can they fail on it until they start it, so better to start work on it now.If they fail they can ask for foreign help.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think CVRDE first get advisers from outside do a research with army and then make a new tank..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles