Cuba vice president's daughter defects to US

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Cuba vice president's daughter defects to US: report - NYPOST.com
TAMPA, Florida — The daughter of Cuba's vice president has defected from the communist-run island and now lives in Tampa, Florida, the site of the Republican National Convention, a newspaper reported Monday.

Glenda Murillo Diaz, 24, daughter of Vice President Marino Murillo, crossed over into Texas from Mexico, according to a report in the online version of US Spanish-language newspaper El Nuevo Herald.

Cubans who set foot on US soil are allowed to remain in the country as part of Washington's "wet foot, dry foot" policy. Cubans intercepted at sea are returned to Cuba.

pmaitra

Re: Cuba vice president's daughter defects to US: report Read more: http://www.nypos

Mr. Diaz, and Miss. Diaz.

pmaitra

Perhaps she was attracted by the RNC? Or perhaps she was carried over by the hurricane?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Amreeka needs to change its policy towards Cuba which is currently nothing but a clash of egos.

Anyway I thought Raul castro is more america-leaning than his bro. Is that true ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Amreeka needs to change its policy towards Cuba which is currently nothing but a clash of egos.

Anyway I thought Raul castro is more america-leaning than his bro. Is that true ?
Castro brothers were never hardcore anti-america as they are now...they weren't even communists to begin with. After overthrowing the dictatorship fidel sent guevara to meet with kennedy to ink out a trade partnership but was rejected and instead a trade embargo was imposed on cuba. Financially all trade nearly 90% was with usa...so when that was halted by usa they had no option other than to fully jump into the soviet camp. The bay of pigs also didn't help either.

As of now the trade embargo is still going strong...its only going on because of the ego of usa. One of there former diplomats said how dare they go against us, we will teach them a lesson.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Cuba has cheaper healthcare than USA ! She should've gotten her teeth fixed first :troll:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
As of now the trade embargo is still going strong...its only going on because of the ego of usa. One of there former diplomats said how dare they go against us, we will teach them a lesson.
I think the embargo stands because Cuban-Americans are a politically vocal group. I don't know what "ego of USA" would really mean, but if that were the reason, the embargo would have disappeared when 0bama was elected.

average american

There two reasons for the embargo, nationalizaton of assets with out compensation. Not a cent has ever been paid for these nationalizations.

The other reason for the embargo, the one most appropriate today, is our rejection of the Castro dictatorship and its 40 years of human rights violations, its oppression of the Cuban people, its intolerance for different points of view and its continued refusal to allow any freedoms in a tightly controlled society
The embargo would end tomorrow if Cuba would free poltical prisoners, end censorship and allow free and open elections.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think the embargo stands because Cuban-Americans are a politically vocal group. I don't know what "ego of USA" would really mean, but if that were the reason, the embargo would have disappeared when 0bama was elected.
My cousin brother in florida is married to cuban-american. They hate castro and guevara like anything. I was informed before hand by my cousin to bring it up which i did follow. :)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
There two reasons for the embargo, nationalizaton of assets with out compensation. Not a cent has ever been paid for these nationalizations.

The other reason for the embargo, the one most appropriate today, is our rejection of the Castro dictatorship and its 40 years of human rights violations, its oppression of the Cuban people, its intolerance for different points of view and its continued refusal to allow any freedoms in a tightly controlled society
The embargo would end tomorrow if Cuba would free poltical prisoners, end censorship and allow free and open elections.
Ironically all these apply to usa also well except the castro rule!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles