CRPF Will Get High Tech Equipment & Vehicles

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Indigenously developed 7.62×51 mm Ishapore Assault Rifle handing over ceremony to CRPF. Shri P K Behera , IOFS, GM/RFI handed over the weapon to Shri Manoj Kumar Dubey, IGP/CRPF. A historic and proud moment for all employees of RFI, A unit of AWEIL.
Yuk asthetics...saala pura rifle hi teeda dikhta hai..:shoot:

WolfPack86

Country flag
CRPF testing Mahindra 6x6 mine protected vechile

This is not a Test drive review, but a brief experience i had with this unusual vehicle.

It was yet another boring weekend. I was returning from a town nearby my project site, when I came across this vehicle.

It was being parked near a tea shop. Maybe the driver was tired of driving this beast [:)].

I have spotted this vehicle quite a number of times since my place tops the list of naxal affected regions of Jharkhand and holds a good position in the country listing too[;)].

Now I had an urge to check out this vehicle each time i saw it, but this being a CRPF vehicle, the civilian access is almost nil. However, on Saturday, when i saw this vehicle getting parked near my car, I couldn’t resist myself from giving my try to get hands on this vehicle. After hesitating for a second or two, I went straight to the place where these CRPF guys were having their tea, and after a brief formal conversation, starting storming question about the vehicle. The pilot of the vehicle was a calm guy and very patiently answered all my queries. However after sometime, that amazing thing happened. He offered me to check out the vehicle. That made my day. The next moment he was explaining about the vehicle exterior. Be it the thick glasses, driver assist cameras, or those meaty tires, he gave all the details which he knew about.

About the Vehicle.

Name: Anti Land Mine Vehicle (Mine Protected Vehicle- MPV-I), 230BHP, 6X6

Manufacturer: Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (With BAE Systems UK)

Protection Level: It can withstand attack of 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm Soviet and 5.56x45mm NATO rounds from a distance of up to 10meters.

Furthermore, it can withstand 21 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under any wheel, and 14 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under the crew compartment.

I will let the pictures do the talking now.

This is one of the first production vehicles which was delivered to the Jharkhand Police in the year 2011.

Thanks to its beastly figure, this camera assists the driver to view the objects too close to the vehicle.
Similar camera is present for rear viewing too.

Unlike what I expected, the interiors are far better. All the seats are equipped with seatbelts. The cabin tends to get hot in the summers, that’s to its typical structure, however it is well taken care of by the very powerful air-conditioning which chills the cabin in no time.

he unusual gear shift pattern. Look at the pattern of 4th & 5th gear.

The camera display can be viewed in this LCD screen. Pretty much similar to the setup installed in the cars. Further, the M&M guys had installed the camera in inverted position when the vehicle had been their workshop.

This pic was clicked from the roof window of this vehicle which is used by jawans to fire on their enemies and also provides them a bird eye view.

Blademaster

The truck is looking somewhat beat up attesting to the heavy duty use of this vehicle indicating that the CRPF likes it very much. Lots of rust though.

WolfPack86

Country flag
CRPF gets Mahindra advanced bullet-proof vehicles in J&K; LBPVs to counter steel shots & grenades

WolfPack86

Country flag
CRPF Orders 10,000 Trichy Rifles, Kerala Police Orders 92 TriCa Carbines
While the Indian army has been looking for foreign assault rifles such as the Sig Sauer 716 and the AK-203 to meet its needs, paramilitary forces such as the CRPF and state police have been aggressively acquiring indigenously developed assault rifles such as the TAR or Trichy assault rifle, TriCa – the carbine version of the TAR, and the Ishapore Assault Rifle.

Trichy Assault Rifle & Ghatak have already been integrated into the CRPF’s service, and in February 2022, they became the first users of the 7.62X51mm Ishapore Assault Rifle. We recently reported that Delhi Police has placed a big order for 5000 carbines for Rs 85 crores with Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC). NSG has also placed an order for 100 Trica carbines for December 2021.

In terms of TAR, OFT has provided around 10,000 rifles to Central Armed Police Forces as as the BSF, SSB, ITBP, and CISF. TAR has also been incorporated into the police force of numerous states as part of their modernisation programme. OFT has a monthly output rate of 2000 TAR. The Central Armed Police Forces’ faith in the assault rifle points to its success.

WolfPack86

Country flag
CRPF BECOMES THE 1ST CUSTOMER TO BUY INDIGENOUSLY 7.62 X 51MM ISHAPORE ASSAULT RIFLE

CRPF becomes the 1st customer to buy the indigenously developed 7.62 X 51mm Ishapore assault rifle for its forces reported Alpha Defence on its Twitter handle.

The Ishapore Rifle Factory had developed a prototype of the 7.62x51mm rifle in response to the Uri attack in September 2016 and OFB intended to build a more powerful rifle than its INSAS 5.56 mm calibre rifles. The prototype was developed in a record four months which “impressed” the Ministry of Defence who formed a Project Monitoring Team (PMT) to guide the “developmental” process”

Board of Officers from the Ministry of Home Affairs had also conducted extensive trials of the assault rifle and termed it a reliable weapon which can be introduced with the paramilitary forces too.

Rifle Factory Ishapore's 7.62 NATO assault rifle...Designed and produced for Indian Army requirement for a new 7.62x51 mm assault rifle (L1A1 magazine) After some refinement successfully hit 9 out of 10 on target Congratulations Sir!

However, the Defence Acquisition Council 2020 meeting led to the approval and subsequent announcement of procuring a second batch of about 72,000 assault rifles of the same calibre from American SiG-Sauer at a cost of aprrox.780 crore. OFB sources said the Ishapore factory’s lethal 7.62x51mm automatic rifle, with a firing range of 500m, was assembled and test fired at the factory range with “much satisfactory results”. The rifle can fire 300 rounds at a go and has piccatiny rails for mounting sights and other platforms. It was pointed out that Ishapore factory had also manufactured a 7.62 mm calibre semi automatic rifle for the Army during 1962 war with China.

Rejection By The Army

The Indian Army had in rejected in June 2017 the indigenously built assault rifle, citing poor quality and ineffective fire power, and is soon likely to take a fresh call on procuring similar weapons to replace the INSAS rifles.

The army decided to reject the 7.62x51 mm guns built by the Rifle Factory Ishapore after they miserably failed the firing tests last week.

Official sources said there were “excessive number of faults” in the guns and “complete redesigning of the magazine” was needed to consider the guns to be used by the Army.

“Excessive flash and sound signature” were observed in the rifles during the trials, they said adding reliability aspect of the weapons needs comprehensive analysis.

The rifles had excessive number of faults and stoppages to the extent of more than twenty times the maximum permissible standards, the sources said.

The Army last year had rejected another indigenously- built assault rifle called the 5.56 mm Excalibur guns as it did not meet the required standards.

However, it seems that the Ishapore Factory has overcome these shortcomings and produced a world-class product for the armed forces.

WolfPack86

Country flag
This vehicle will take out safely from landmines, increased demand in Army, CRPF
Jabalpur.
The Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ), which is effective in dealing with difficult terrain and landmines, is in increasing demand for tunnel resistant vehicles. Paramilitary forces are continuously taking it along with the army. The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) deployed in different areas of the country had also ordered a modified version of this vehicle, now its supply is starting. VFJ has been in the production of Tunnelproof Vehicles (MPVs) for many years.

The team arrived at VFJ for production, delivery,

this vehicle caters to the needs of the army as well as the state police and paramilitary forces. It is most needed in Naxal and terrorism affected areas. This vehicle provides defense to the soldiers in dealing with dangerous landmines. Therefore, this vehicle has been continuously modified by VFJ according to the requirement of the army. The most modern vehicle is being produced right now.

Delivery of more than two dozen vehicles
CRPF had demanded more than two dozen Modified Mine Protected Vehicles (MMPVs) from VFJs. Some of those vehicles were delivered earlier, now another lot has to be sent. VFJ management is active to prepare it. On Sunday also, work related to this was done in the factory, so that vehicles would be provided to them on time. For this, the team of experts of CRPF is constantly visiting VFJ. Similarly, this vehicle is also being demanded by the Army and ITBP.

Variety of Features
There are many advantages of this vehicle. Especially MMPV. The vehicle has been upgraded in such a way that the soldiers sitting in it are safe from the enemies under all circumstances. It has a higher capacity engine. Completely bullet proof, the vehicle has features ranging from a vision camera to a firing port for retaliatory firing at the enemy, a strong hull to withstand high caliber explosions.

STORE

This vehicle will take out safely from landmines, increased demand in Army, CRPF
Jabalpur.
The Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ), which is effective in dealing with difficult terrain and landmines, is in increasing demand for tunnel resistant vehicles. Paramilitary forces are continuously taking it along with the army. The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) deployed in different areas of the country had also ordered a modified version of this vehicle, now its supply is starting. VFJ has been in the production of Tunnelproof Vehicles (MPVs) for many years.

The team arrived at VFJ for production, delivery,

this vehicle caters to the needs of the army as well as the state police and paramilitary forces. It is most needed in Naxal and terrorism affected areas. This vehicle provides defense to the soldiers in dealing with dangerous landmines. Therefore, this vehicle has been continuously modified by VFJ according to the requirement of the army. The most modern vehicle is being produced right now.

Delivery of more than two dozen vehicles
CRPF had demanded more than two dozen Modified Mine Protected Vehicles (MMPVs) from VFJs. Some of those vehicles were delivered earlier, now another lot has to be sent. VFJ management is active to prepare it. On Sunday also, work related to this was done in the factory, so that vehicles would be provided to them on time. For this, the team of experts of CRPF is constantly visiting VFJ. Similarly, this vehicle is also being demanded by the Army and ITBP.

Variety of Features
There are many advantages of this vehicle. Especially MMPV. The vehicle has been upgraded in such a way that the soldiers sitting in it are safe from the enemies under all circumstances. It has a higher capacity engine. Completely bullet proof, the vehicle has features ranging from a vision camera to a firing port for retaliatory firing at the enemy, a strong hull to withstand high caliber explosions.
They should have ordered the Mahindra MPV 6x6 instead of VFJ one. VFJ one looks like they did some Jugad to make space for an extra axil and mahindra one look more menacing.

STORE

The truck is looking somewhat beat up attesting to the heavy duty use of this vehicle indicating that the CRPF likes it very much. Lots of rust though.
I mean he said they received the truck on 2011, so its atleast 11 years old. It's pretty common for defence vehicles which r used in humid environments to become rusty and 11 years of use is gonna make it look beat up lil bit.

WolfPack86

Country flag
CRPF is in the process of acquiring 90 units of the IWI X-95 9x19mm Flattop SMG (Abhay 9mm) from PLR Systems for around ₹ 1.68 lakh per SMG. They're also getting a reflex optic with the 9mm SMG for about ₹ 41,300 per sight.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles