CRPF Will Get High Tech Equipment & Vehicles

Wisemarko

Country flag
I wonder if SSG-69 is really effective in CRPF engagements. Being a bolt action, it has slow rate of fire. US forces in Iraq realized that for counter insurgency ops, DMR with semi-auto action provided adequate accuracy and rate of fire. Most engagements took place at less than 400 meters, making rifles such as SSG-69 an overkill for range. Multiple targets made its slow reloading and small magazine capacity a disadvantage.

I am sure Gallil DMR is favorable over Steyr with Indian counter-terrorism units.

Hunter ellis

I wonder if SSG-69 is really effective in CRPF engagements. Being a bolt action, it has slow rate of fire. US forces in Iraq realized that for counter insurgency ops, DMR with semi-auto action provided adequate accuracy and rate of fire. Most engagements took place at less than 400 meters, making rifles such as SSG-69 an overkill for range. Multiple targets made its slow reloading and small magazine capacity a disadvantage.

I am sure Gallil DMR is favorable over Steyr with Indian counter-terrorism units.
In the valley crpf deals with 2-3 terrorists at a time whereas in fallujah US army had to face hundreds of insurgents at a time so they moved to the m110 for sniping

Wisemarko

Country flag
In the valley crpf deals with 2-3 terrorists at a time whereas in fallujah US army had to face hundreds of insurgents at a time so they moved to the m110 for sniping
The reason to use semi-automatic DMR is not the need for dealing with 100s of insurgents. Lol. It’s mainly because rapidly changing situations demand more rapid firepower. Snipers usually pick and choose their targets. For this, they spend time to select their location, adjust for windage, temperature, elevation etc. They have a spotter to help range the target and even use software to adjust for MOA. That makes sniper work a “one shot one kill”. SSG-69 with is <1 MOA accuracy is a great choice for such operations.

In counter-insurgent combing operations, there is no opportunity or time for these skills to be used. Usually the target already knows the presence of sniper(s) and element of surprise is almost zero. Target is constantly moving (just like a deer running once it knows presence of a hunter). In these situations, there’s high chance of missed shots no matter how accurate the rifle is. Chances of missed shots must be compensated by proximity and high rate of fire. MOA requirements are also quite flexible- up to 1.5 in these engagements. Hence the use of various Semi Auto DMR in urban warfare. US Army realized this quickly in Iraq and Afghanistan after seeing SOCOM being extremely effective using their semi-auto DMRs unlike M24 of US Army.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag
India's Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) says it has received an order for its mine-protected vehicle (MPV) from a 'West-Asian' country. The MPV is on the left. On the right is the 'Modernized' MPV (MMPV), a version of which OFB says it is making for the CRPF. Image Source: OFB

WolfPack86

Country flag
#CRPF Quick Action Team ( QAT ) #Srinagar region under modernization (1) New heavy duty bullet proof jacket with removable parts (2) New Advance Combat Helmet ( ACH ) with added protection from backside (3) Red Dot Sights for M1F41 rifles

WolfPack86

Country flag
OFB GHATAK Rifle serving #CRPF very well . It can accept all kinds of AK magazines currently in service . You can also see a Bulgarian Arsenal M1F41 rifle in the back and both have same mags. As far as I know after Trichy & Ghatak no orders were placed for Arsenal M1F41 rifles.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles