Crime tracking network system by 2011-12

maverick1000

Crime tracking network system by 2011-12: Chidambaram - India - NEWS - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: "The Rs 2,000-crore project to bring all 16,000 police stations in the country under a single network to counter terror challenges
will become operational by 2011-12," home minister P Chidambaram said on Friday.

He also said the Multi Purpose National Identity Cards (MNIC) will be issued to 1.1 billion resident Indians after the completion of enumeration work next year.

"We are working on Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS). That will link each of the 16,000 police station in India so that any of the police station can contact any other police station," he said inaugurating a conference of small entrepreneurship here.

Chidambaram said all the states have appointed nodal officers and all of them have signed MoUs with the central government for its early completion.

Once the CCTNS is completed, it will mark a quantum jump in country's ability to counter various challenges to internal security, particularly terror threats.

The home minister asked technocrats to help the government build a National Counter-terrorism Centre on the lines of the US.

"If the US can have a National Counter-terrorism Centre, why can't we have one in India. So, I wish that your entrepreneurial activities will help us build a sound technology-based system that will enhance the security and efficiency in India...," he said.

---------------------------------------------------------
I think it will be good thing to bring crime rate down
and also will help in speed up trials.. and able to check in anti-terror activities of indiviaul or group....

Tamil

Country flag
i welcome to this plan for inter Joining All police stations in a single network. and all states ATS and spl force to counter terrorism is also linked to this network. even passport, airport, railway, Bus terminals all in one network.

i simply love this only to move INDIA 2020

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles