Cracker sales fall. Green Diwali effect?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Are we talking about going back to stoneage ?
Pollution is a problem every where in the world, in every county there is environmental activists, debates and laws passed to " controll and reduce pollution where ever it is possible.

There are many restrictions and bans on firecrackers on various European and america states..even if india bring laws to control the use and type of firecrackers it will be applicable to hindus as well as christians...so bringing in a religious angle is absurd.

India and china is progressing so we can't suddenly cut down the pollution levels like the Europeans(who have already polluted and progressed) but we can't completely redicul the calls for pollution contol saying " you guys polluted so let us also do it the same way".while we can't afford to set our standards to their levels we have to strike a reasonable balance..so every bit counts..firecrackers also needs to be classified and controlled..total ban may not be necessary but let people make a choice...let's not allege motives to those who campaign for greener diwali.
100% agreeing with you.
If you notice, I was explaining another guy about same things that you're explaining me and that was as a funny argument for that.
You don't need to worry.
:p

asingh10

All this talk about environmentalism is well and good but know that this is just a one way street where Hindus are expected to cede more and more. You reckon these Jhollawallahs have the guts to tell Muslims to bring down loudspeakers, have bloodless eids, stop blocking streets every Friday, stop the hooliganism on streets during shaab-e-barat ? Not that Muslims would care what a bunch of self hating Hindus have to say anyway.

asingh10

In some towns of Uttar Pradesh, they even cover up idols during major festivals so that the minority community is not offended. Pooja & ringing of bells is stopped during Azaan.

How much more are Hindus gonna compromise so that their faith becomes acceptable to these 'intellectuals' and doesn't offend minorities ? You already have Muslim preachers like Zakir Naik shoving this idea down our throats that idol worship & polytheism is now allowed in Vedas and hence Hindus must give it up. Many naive Hindus have imbibed it as well. Adopt Abrahamic constructs of 1 god, 1 book, no idol worship like Arya Samaj did or else you have no right to exist. Even much of the rationalist discourse in India is centered around criticizing Hinduism for the same reasons that Abrahamics criticize us for - polytheism, animism, ritualism, idol worship.

asingh10

One trend I've also seen amongst these kind of educated, urban Hindus is that 'Genteel' Vaishnavism like ISCKON & even neo-Buddhism is preferred but they turn their noses at Shaiva, Sakta or folk Hinduism, as if its something backward and dirty. Classic example of Nehruvian/British English education induced mental slavery among Indians. ISCKON is very popular among these people because it has fully transformed Gita in to a Bible style sales pitch selling Krishna. In their minds, anything resembling closer to Abrahamisms is consistent with rationalism, environmentalism, feminism and other neo-liberal ideas.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
You know, i am one of those Adarshliberal, sickular 'types', Hence not seen around here much these days,

but this really is so absurdly hypocritical that its funny. :rofl:

Unrelated but just making a point about the double standards prevalent among our intellectuals.

Pic1: Muslim women's choice of burqa in France is her power !

Pic2: Hindu women's Karvachauth is regressive choice.

Last edited:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Unrelated but just making a point about the double standards prevalent among our intellectuals.

Pic1: Muslim women's choice of burqa in France is her power !

Pic2: Hindu women's Karvachauth is regressive choice.

I wonder if this b8tch is confused or a sold out presstitute or just aping western world for the sake of it.

Dovahkiin

There are 100 Millions of people who cut the trees each for their family during Christmas, where are the "Green peace activists" in these times?

Imagine 2.2 Billion Christians cutting atleast 1 Billion trees on the eve of Christmas, Green peace should protest in this regard and should advice "christmas tree less christmas this Year".
bro, these pointing finger mentality is bad for our country, secondly as a christian, we have never cut down a single tree for x-mas celebration.

for heaven sake can we get over religions and help our country get cleaner water and air ???

Srinivas_K

Country flag
bro, these pointing finger mentality is bad for our country, secondly as a christian, we have never cut down a single tree for x-mas celebration.

for heaven sake can we get over religions and help our country get cleaner water and air ???
For your info. I celebrated christmas for almost 10 years in my school and we use to cut trees for christmas.

I am not pointing fingers I am against the preaching s of west and NGO's. Not against any religion that is sarcasm.

Country flag
How accurately can something like this be measured? Do not believe everything printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
This may just be me, but I think there is a sinister hand at work if sales were really that lower. It is fact that the West has polluted more than India and China combined historically.

My fear is that conversion is really higher than people expected and because of this, new converts were being told to not celebrate.

Dovahkiin

This may just be me, but I think there is a sinister hand at work if sales were really that lower. It is fact that the West has polluted more than India and China combined historically.

My fear is that conversion is really higher than people expected and because of this, new converts were being told to not celebrate.
Why are you sensing conspiracy when there is none ?? Have you ever stayed in delhi or pune to experience the level of air pollution?? At times the traffic at yammuna expressway makes the air unbreathable.

The logic in your post will not help us as a nation to prosper.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I apologize for I have not. Despite that, air pollution contribution from one day of fireworks is minuscule compared to that of carbon polluters in cars and coal-based industry.This was only a theory.

I_PLAY_BAD

It is not green diwali.
Crackers are becoming damn costly to afford.
The poor cannot afford, most of the middle class population thinks it is a waste and only the rich burst crackers.
Since the people coming under second and third category are less the amount of crackers burst are falling YoY.
It is actually good because bursting crackers for Diwali is never a tradition. It was just inducted later.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles