COVID-19 and Its Impact on World Politics

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The fact that he brought up Pearl Harbor and 9/11 (and not Hurricane Katrina or the Spanish Flu) suggests that the US Government already officially sees COVID-19 as an act of war by a foreign adversary, and not a natural calamity / freak of nature / epidemic. Donnie sometimes gets carried away and spills the beans on the US deep state's inner thinking. WW3 is brewing.

Craigs

Country flag
The fact that he brought up Pearl Harbor and 9/11 (and not Hurricane Katrina or the Spanish Flu) suggests that the US Government already officially sees COVID-19 as an act of war by a foreign adversary, and not a natural calamity / freak of nature / epidemic. Donnie sometimes gets carried away and spills the beans on the US deep state's inner thinking. WW3 is brewing.

Question is which hapless country will pay for it. Which country is the next Iraq or Afghanistan? (Saudi Arabia was responsible for 9/11 but it was never attacked).

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Question is which hapless country will pay for it. Which country is the next Iraq or Afghanistan? (Saudi Arabia was responsible for 9/11 but it was never attacked).
Washington already claimed that its has enough evidence that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab.

The lab is Chinese state-owned.

Who do you think will pay? The way POTUS puts it, he is going to make someone pay.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
USA better not chicken out this time.

They may just change their mind if China offer a good economic package.
I don't think USA have military capability to take a war with China. If we put aside the fan boy logic.
😁

And even if USA and China goes to war it's a possibility that china would likely want peace on it's one of the border hence they can try to settle border disputes with india and will try to butter up india.

rockdog

Country flag
Alright, here is the picture for last year. Anything below 50 is contraction, above 50 I'd consider growth.

Service sector PMI is also above 50.

Export orders have suffered, and would suffer badly to -25% to -30% in Q2. That's like a projected effect you provide for in contingency, look at books of chinese lenders. Its already happening. Point is you aren't capable to overnight replace the country that literally produces everything for the world, at cheap cost. Everyone yapping 'relocation' will be happy with nothing more than some chemical business lost by china, and that indeed due to its own target for release of harmful trash from factories.
My friends told me for SMEs the export orders droped like 50%-80%, but the total export data in April is increasing...

My guess is the State owned companies are still working well on big projects, but private sector hires 60-70% people.

Coronavirus: China’s exports in surprise jump in April, but imports tumble

Plus recently, the Chinese media reported the India PMI became as low as 5,
India April services PMI at record low of 5.4

Some Chinese "India researcher" had article said it's because the past GDP data released by Modi administration were over make-up, that's why it's exposed the true color under the lockdown.

The article is here:

You would try google translate.

I don't know it's fair or not, but the Chinsee mainstream researchers doubled the Indian's way of GDP calculation for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrj

rockdog

Country flag

Chinese threatening USA.
Most educated people here think the "GT" is CCP tool for relif those "angry youngters", it always went too far by flaming anti-west mindset.

I didn't see the government really used any advice from GT ... Since it's not the official media from any department of government, and it never represents any official policy from them. But western media like to quote this kind of "hardcore" opinion.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
My friends told me for SMEs the export orders droped like 50%-80%, but the total export data in April is increasing...
That drop was expected. Estimated drop in 2nd week April looked like not more than -30% for the month, but it could be more. Not sure if it accounts the inventory sitting idle in importing ports and passage waters.

My guess is the State owned companies are still working well on big projects, but private sector hires 60-70% people.
Unsure how chinese state owned companies will revive after image hit hard and also the experience in those safety kits ordered by dozens of countries.

Coronavirus: China’s exports in surprise jump in April, but imports tumble
But its not a surprise really, China was anyways going to have a 2 month headstart in restarting the economy compared to other countries. China knew the pandemic well and smartly planned exit before rest of the world even realized the scale of disaster incoming.

Plus recently, the Chinese media reported the India PMI became as low as 5,
India April services PMI at record low of 5.4
Again, this was expected. Country was totally shutdown.

Some Chinese "India researcher" had article said it's because the past GDP data released by Modi administration were over make-up, that's why it's exposed the true color under the lockdown.

The article is here:

You would try google translate.

I don't know it's fair or not, but the Chinsee mainstream researchers doubled the Indian's way of GDP calculation for years.
I remember everyone doubting China's GDP figures not many years ago. If so is the case with India, we have learned from the best.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Adhir Ranjan chowdary single handedly defeated communists in his west bengal constituency, if i am not wrong they tried to kill him during his early years as a politician.
its most likely that he will be showing off his brand new saffrom scurf very soon in coming time, atleast his recent actions past 1 month are indicating so~~~!!!

rockdog

Country flag
I remember everyone doubting China's GDP figures not many years ago. If so is the case with India, we have learned from the best.
It's little different.

Modi admnistration has the pressure of wining the election, so it made the GDP looks bigger than the real size. But i think Modi is the best one since 1947 and with the stable government and policies India will grow anyway, the faith of growth is more important than the GDP make-up or not. And Modi is the one think the manufacture is the key to the giant nation like India and China than some outsourcing shit.

CCP for decades kept low profile to the world and try to enjoy the bennefit of "developing nationi", it acutally hide the real GDP, i think most education people admit the Chinese GDP is still underestimated.

When i studied in EU, while the Chinese PPP was 90% of USA, i still remeber small nation like Finland gave subsidiies and tax reducation to Chinese products and companies since China is labelled as "developing nation" ... four years later, Chinese capital bought tens best small hi-tech firms in Finland.

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
just gave you many links about manufacturing leaving China.
Tesla Secures 4B Yuan Loan For Shanghai Giga Expansion

Tesla is still expanding the factory in China, it will repeat the story of iPhone, it will helps Chinese supply chain to make bigger share in EV industry.

China still General Motors' biggest market

Please let me know how GM quite Chinese market?

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Adhir Ranjan chowdary single handedly defeated communists in his west bengal constituency, if i am not wrong they tried to kill him during his early years as a politician.
and he is single-handedly responsible for the kind of statements in the Parliament that is characteristic of a true bluffmaster

Global Defence

New threads

Articles