1. That is basically IIRWhat kind of RADAR- alternative counter-stealth tech is being explored? Let's leave thermal sensing aside. Any nation exploring:
- Sensing disturbance in air by flying object?
- Long range sound catching to detect a fighter?
- Satellite Spotting, since stealth fighters will present un-stealthy top profile to Satellites above?
- Any other non-radar technology?
Thank you! This was interesting. I will read up on these.1. That is basically IIR
2. Too slow, given that airplane generally travel at Mach 0.8
3. Satellite doesn't carry radar strong enough to detect fighters, they mostly used against big target such as ship. While the EO/IIR sensor will need very long scan time unless the target is extremely bright like a ballistic missile. That because if the target is bright then you can use EO/IIR sensor in wide FoV mode.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|British attempt to defeat Chinese counter-stealth radar||China||11|
|W||How to counter Fifth Generation Stealth fighters?||Military Aviation||110|
|china's stealth copter to counter F35||China||12|
|A||UK Defense Chief Says F-35 Vital To Counter China Stealth Threat||Americas||42|