Could the Arjun be a good fit for Taiwan???

neo29

Arjun has proven its worth against T-90. The Indian Army was trying to prove its underperformance and supporting the T-90. It went to the extent to criticizing it publicly, trying to sabotage previous tests and citing engine problems. But still arjun has come out of all this.

Only only disadvantage being DRDO took aweful lot of time to build it and 42% of its content is not indigenous.

ppgj

hurt, eh??

think the same when you advise and hurt other members. just because you do not agree with them does not give you the freedom to attack them. members express their "opinion" which may or may not be right just like your's. you may agree, disagree, ignore or debate.

besides i only held a mirror to you to show 2 different posts by you - for the "hypocricy" part.

Excuse me, you obviously don't understand what's going on here.
excuse me, i understand exactly what is going on here.

Let me explain to you like A, B, C, D. If you care to read what he posted, you'd understand my comment.

I reply saying the MKK is not much worse than the MKI. MKI isn't god.

Then I get:
i exactly know what he said.

You should look up the definition of hypocrisy.
you are welcome to enlighten me.

And calling the Arjun the Junk doesn't make me ignorant. I have listed already my reasons. Are they not enough for you?--Go read the post on the top.
exactly why, i asked you - what you were asking of others!!

People here keep calling it "top 10" in the world. Saying it here isn't enough. The Arjun doesn't MATCH to any capabilities of Western Tanks, when it comes to Armour, Firepower, TECHNOLOGY, and Mainly Self Protection. The Arjun currently doesn't have ANYTHING. No warning system even. DRDO can keep saying "we are GOING to do it" but that doesn't change things. Speaking at the current status of the tank, it's a piece of crap. Look at it's weight. Soon with this LAHAT added, it'll be over 60 tons. Even with this 58 tons, it doesn't have decent protection elements.

I'll listen to your advice and "read more" once you prove to me that what I said was false, and the Arjun is truely a capable tank.

Don't give me the Arjun vs T-90. Look at my previous post already.
look at the bolded part!! they are "reasons" enough for you to "read more". particularly since you seem to be quite knowledgable and take the freedom to "advise", "thrash" others and call them hypocrites!!!

+ It's still in this 40+ year DEVELOPMENT stage. Get out of that first. Then we can look for "sales".
another gem!! another reason for you to - seriously, read.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I will not give anymore explanation on the capability of Arjun as this is not the relevant thread to do this otherwise this thread will be closed. Move to "Arjun, News and Discussion " Thread if you want to say something about its performance or production. UchihaCG please criticize Arjun in the relevant thread(mentioned above) otherwise this valuable thread will be closed.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What is the point of debating it? GoI doesn't recognise Taiwan and they wouldn't want to upset their Hindi-Chini bhai bhais. France and the US are the only two countries with the balls to sell arms to Taiwan and the US is reluctant to even do that now.

Crusader53

What is the point of debating it? GoI doesn't recognise Taiwan and they wouldn't want to upset their Hindi-Chini bhai bhais. France and the US are the only two countries with the balls to sell arms to Taiwan and the US is reluctant to even do that now.
What has France sold Taiwan lately??? Plus, let's not forget the problems with the Mirage 2000's! Seems like France is reluctant to support Taiwan anymore. In fear of up setting China.

Remember, what they say about casing the first stone.......

Respectfully,

Crusader53

Crusader53

Arjun has proven its worth against T-90. The Indian Army was trying to prove its underperformance and supporting the T-90. It went to the extent to criticizing it publicly, trying to sabotage previous tests and citing engine problems. But still arjun has come out of all this.

Only only disadvantage being DRDO took aweful lot of time to build it and 42% of its content is not indigenous.

Really, how the Arjun compares to the T-90 or any other Western Tanks for that matter. Is hardly germane to the debate at hand. As Taiwan would only face Chinese Tanks of the PLA.

Let's also not forget that Taiwans current tanks are obsolete M-48 Pattons........Clearly, the Arjun would offer a great deal of capability to the Taiwanese Armed Forces.

Besides who except the US has the balls to sell to Taiwan but Indian......

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Really, how the Arjun compares to the T-90 or any other Western Tanks for that matter. Is hardly germane to the debate at hand. As Taiwan would only face Chinese Tanks of the PLA.

Let's also not forget that Taiwans current tanks are obsolete M-48 Pattons........Clearly, the Arjun would offer a great deal of capability to the Taiwanese Armed Forces.

Besides who except the US has the balls to sell to Taiwan but Indian......

I am not sure abt Arjun but we may sell the new light tank if polish gov agree with us..
Arjun is +60tons heavily armored good on plain fields and grasslands but not mountains, But new LT is..

Btw, tell my why SK is unable to help??
Do they have same laws as japan for exporting weapons?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Does Taiwan even stand a chance if it comes down to using tanks??
I mean c'mon the only chance the Taiwanese have is sinking a Chinese invasion fleet while still in transit, if the invasion force reaches dry land Taiwan simply does not have the strategic depth nor the manpower to take on the PLA , Arjun or no Arjun!

Crusader53

I am not sure abt Arjun but we may sell the new light tank if polish gov agree with us..
Arjun is +60tons heavily armored good on plain fields and grasslands but not mountains, But new LT is..

Btw, tell my why SK is unable to help??
Do they have same laws as japan for exporting weapons?

First tell me more about this Light Tank with Poland???

As for South Korea they are likely reluctant to sell Arms to Taiwan. Because they need China to keep the pressure on North Korea. Which, would evaporate with any Arms Sales to Taiwan.

Crusader53

Does Taiwan even stand a chance if it comes down to using tanks??
I mean c'mon the only chance the Taiwanese have is sinking a Chinese invasion fleet while still in transit, if the invasion force reaches dry land Taiwan simply does not have the strategic depth nor the manpower to take on the PLA , Arjun or no Arjun!

You are mistaken.........Taiwan has 3 Armies (5 Corp) and over 1200 Heavy Tanks. As a matter of fact the odds are remote that China could land any worth while numbers of Heavy Tanks. What is would likely get ashore is the new ZTZ-63A.........Which, would be easy meat for Taiwanese Heavy Armor! As a matter of fact the ZTZ-63A is very lightly Armored. That even shoulder fired Anti-Tank Weapon would cause heavy losses!

While, China does have a massive Army. Getting it to Taiwan would be difficult indeed. As it couldn't hide such a large force from Satellites. Nor, could China prevent Naval or Air Forces of the US from destroying them as they move towards Taiwan.

Attachments

x0700

selling Arjun is a good idea, even if it means with low margins, given the encirclement china is playing with India,
we should also give a tit-for-tat response, arming its enemy
arjun will prove to be a good last line of defence in case armor lands in taiwan as it is a hunter killer application

in case taiwan can sieze some land on main china, it will be a bigger plus (odds are less for that happening i feel but who knows)

Crusader53

selling Arjun is a good idea, even if it means with low margins, given the encirclement china is playing with India,
we should also give a tit-for-tat response, arming its enemy
arjun will prove to be a good last line of defence in case armor lands in taiwan as it is a hunter killer application

in case taiwan can sieze some land on main china, it will be a bigger plus (odds are less for that happening i feel but who knows)

Exactly, China sells JF-17's to Pakistan. Then China sells Arjuns to Taiwan.........

Further, the US should follow as China doesn't pressure North Korea to stop exporting Nuclear Technology to Iran and Syria. The US should sell F-16's to Taiwan.

x0700

Exactly, China sells JF-17's to Pakistan. Then China sells Arjuns to Taiwan.........

Further, the US should follow as China doesn't pressure North Korea to stop exporting Nuclear Technology to Iran and Syria. The US should sell F-16's to Taiwan.
you mean India sells Arjuns to Taiwan...:happy_2:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

san

We better sell Brahmos to Taiwan. They will be far more useful than Arjun.

x0700

yes sir, whatever they want, we can and should sell, that's what the purpose is, arm them to the teeth so no one can snatch their well deserved independence.

amoy

Exactly pls sell Brahmos that's more useful than Arjun on a mountainous island.

Anyway Taiwan needs to import such toys. Why not let India get that slice of market?

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Baby, "Brahmos is not for sale." Till now South Africa, Egypt, Oman, Brunei,Malaysia and Chile had shown interest in Brahmos but yet it has not been sold to anyone of these.
When India didnt sold Brahmos to its friend such as Brazil and SA, do you think that India could deal for Brahmos(such a superb artifact) with Taiwan. Never.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Baby, "Brahmos is not for sale." Till now South Africa, Egypt, Oman, Brunei,Malaysia and Chile had shown interest in Brahmos but yet it has not been sold to anyone of these.
When India didnt sold Brahmos to its friend such as Brazil and SA, do you think that India could deal for Brahmos(such a superb artifact) with Taiwan. Never.
Brahmos is unique and it shouldn't be sold to anyone, but nirbhay and other subsonic cruise missiles ( 1000km ) can be sold!
Arjun is precious too, instead we should sale our light tanks in future..

Besides Indian tech should never gets to Chinese copy-tech Industry, Knowing the fact that many Taiwanese military officials are pro China..

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles