Could Pakistan Use Nuclear Weapons in a Future Conflict with Afghanistan?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Now you're mixing people with countries. I never said Afghanistan was at war with India.
I said Afghans were among the militants involved in terrorism at J & K.
Afghanistan by virtue of under the influence of pakistan was always at war with india.influx of afghanistani mujahideens in kashmir and then the support of Taliban 1999 Indian airline plane IC-814 was case in point.

Zarvin

Yes they are at war with pakistan.Thats different thing that PAK army ang Govt is helping them in this war on pakistan.
Please justify your conspiracy theory. Why would the Army and Goverment want to kill our own people?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Please justify your conspiracy theory. Why would the Army and Goverment want to kill our own people?
Whats the CT here???its as straight forward as one can see.Nato and usa has been attacking pakistan land daily killing pakistani citizen on almost daily basis.And when there is no opposition from PA pak govt govt then its quite clear that both are hand in glove with USA killing pakistani citizens.

Zarvin

Whats the CT here???its as straight forward as one can see.Nato and usa has been attacking pakistan land daily killing pakistani citizen on almost daily basis.And when there is no opposition from PA pak govt govt then its quite clear that both are hand in glove with USA killing pakistani citizens.
Hi, the Pakistan Goverment and Army have both condemned drone killings. The parliment had stopped Nato supplies for 8 months with the condition that drone killings be stopped.

Why both institutions are powerless to stop them is another matter.

Tolaha

Hi

Don't fall into the trap that Hekmatyar was bad and Massoud was an Angel, both were merciless criminals who raped and ravished their country in order to get power. Pakistan did not back Hekmatyar initially during the Afghan civil war, that is a false perception. Pakistan had been backing both Hekmaryar and Massoud during the Soviet war and stopped after the death of Zia and the end of that war. We left the Afghans for themselves. However, it is well known that Hekmatyar was amassing weapons and hiding during the last years of the war, he had seen in hindsight that the Soviets would leave soon and when they did, he was the most equipped at the time to take Kabul. Pakistan really should've got them onto the table and helped them overcome their differences, but like I said before, the infighting of Bhutto and Shariff made us focus elsewhere. That is when Massoud started recieving funds from India and he joined up with Dostum to take Kabul. We couldn't allow such a scenario and then started backing Hekmatyar.
I am aware of the views about Massoud held by Pakistanis. I dont intend to get all worked up and attempt to fix it! :thumb:

Also, there was no way India could back anyone other than Massoud. But Pakistan had that choice. And fortunately for us, it was not Massoud!

There was no use in us inventing the Taliban, if we were so influential with the Afghans in order to invent a proxy group the size of the Taliban, then why didn't we just tell them to join up with Hikmetyar who was already our proxy.
yep... Pakistanis didn't invent Talibanis. They just housed them, trained them, supplied equipment, provided plans, advised them and sent their own soldiers to fight for them.

Hekmatyar was a card that had got itself wasted by back stabbing almost every other fighting entity in Afghanistan. Even then, he would have been fine but only if he had by himself, with all his gains from Pakistanis, Saudis and Americans, the strength to takeover Afghanistan. He did not! So Pakistan had to give up and place its bet on something else. That something else was a monster of Frankenstein proportions!

Last edited:

Zarvin

I am aware of the views about Massoud held by Pakistanis. I dont intend to get all worked up and attempt to fix it! :thumb:

Also, there was no way India could back anyone other than Massoud. But Pakistan had that choice. And fortunately for us, it was not Massoud!
You are free to think what you like about Massoud, Each and everyone of the commanders were criminals and only wanted power. That included Dostum too, who left Massoud and joined Hekmatyar when he thought it convenient.

Choice? It is not about choice. Neither Pakistan nor India should've backed anyone. Afghanis are our neighbors so we have a stake in having a peaceful neighbourhood, India just came there to create more problems for us.

Pakistani didn't bring these guys to the table and resolve their issues and that is what we should've done.

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
You are free to think what you like about Massoud, Each and everyone of the commanders were criminals and only wanted power. That included Dostum too, who left Massoud and joined Hekmatyar when he thought it convenient.

Choice? It is not about choice. Neither Pakistan nor India should backed anyone. Afghanis are our neighbors so we have a stake in having a peaceful neighbourhood, India just came there to create more problems for us.

Pakistani didn't bring these guys to the table and resolve their issues and that is what we should've done.
You are free to think what you like about .

Zarvin

Is there an ignore list option on this forum, if so, how do I access it.

Edit: No worries, I found it.

Tolaha

Is there an ignore list option on this forum, if so, how do I access it.
Just click on the name and select 'View Profile'. On the left hand side, you have the option to "Add to ignore list"!

Now that I have told it to you, ethically, you can NOT use that option against me! :p

blank_quest

Country flag
Just click on the name and select 'View Profile'. On the left hand side, you have the option to "Add to ignore list"!

Now that I have told it to you, ethically, you can NOT use that option against me! :p
done it! I too was searching for it from much of the time :pound:

Zarvin

Hi

I'm enjoying discussing the topic with you. I have no time for one liner taunts.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
You imply the deaths are those of completely innocent civilians. Is that what you mean?

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
You imply the deaths are those of completely innocent civilians. Is that what you mean?
Yes.You call them as collateral damage for us they are innocent citizens of Pakistan.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Imagine this plausible denial:

ISI nukes cities in Afghanistan, and then Pakistan blames it on 'non state actors.' :D
This scenario is more possible in regards to India with Chinese jumping into that chaos, confusion, allegation and counter allegation defending Pakistan with their diplomatic clout et al and unpredictable international community taking either side or suggesting us to restrain.

India has to abide by its doctrine in that case rather should add some more clauses/lower the threshold covering stateless actors too. Nuclear forensics will be able to do their job but their findings rather being debated or referred to other powers must be forward by civilian in charge to non other than Indian nuclear strategic forces invoking doctrine for absolute retaliation (massive punitive or flexible) against all the nations involved in those nuclear strikes against India.

Pakistanis won't do it. It goes against their doctrine. And it will invite massive retaliation from international community.
I don't think this thread needs any discussion further, after this.

blank_quest

Country flag
This thread is making no sense by over-stretching the point...
who will Nuke Afghanistan?
1.only possibility is that it will be decided by its "non-state" "establishment" and its "-psycho-physical-" reach within the "state defense establishment assets"
2.it creates existential threat to Pak so pak will never try to nuke as far as by "state actors" are concerned.
3.So as far as civilian govt. is there defense can be relied upon by the world.
4.when the martial law will lead the govt. they can proxy use the the "non-state" actors but its still its a remote possibility...for them to engage them with nuke. (again existential threat)
5.Remote possibility of Theft of Nukes depends on Pak defense capability .. so directly or indirectly Pak will be held responsible.

-->what are we discussing about?
how to secure Nukes in Pak? or
Who will nuke Afghanistan? (As Pak will not let to non-state actors in fear of existential threat) or
Who will steal Nukes?:confused:

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But we have not seen them display such common sense a good example 1971 and Baluchistan.Now the Pakjabi has to worry about his begum being snatched by the Pathan
Still no reason to go nuke. In a pure Afghan Pak scenario without outside interference, Pak is a more superior force. But afghans are tenacious. We very major world power has learned it the hard way

Well, to finish off te argument, Astan is a major non NATO ally. Assuming Pak will be striped of this status, good luck to Pakistan nuking a MNNA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles