Computer Console Gaming thread

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Ok guys, here's the thing. I'm clueless where hardware is concerned! I'm gonna buy the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in a month or two which is quite heavy on specs. So I need some clarifications/advice from the computer hardware whizzkids out her.

Questions:

1. I'm planning to buy a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with on board Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Desktop Processor. How much video RAM does the Vega 11 have? Or is it variable depending on the sim, taking what is needed from system RAM?

2. How much minimum system RAM should I opt for? Will 16 GB dual-channel DDR4-2400 RAM do?

3. Is B450, X470 or X570 motherboard ok as they can be overclocked? Or the cheaper A320 motherboard that can't be overclocked?

With the above, it would save me the need for buying a separate video card like the Radeon RX 580 or 590 thus saving about Rs 18,000.

What Microsoft recommends as minimum specs are.....

View attachment 56071

4 GB above is video RAM. 16 GB is system RAM.

Here's a glimpse of the sim. The terrain is real time rendering from Google Earth on an FTTP internet connection. The weather is in real time too! See in full screen....

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Pre-Order Launch Trailer

And don't buy the UPS most of the people are scamming customers in the name of UPS if your home have inverter you don't need UPS.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
And don't buy the UPS most of the people are scamming customers in the name of UPS if your home have inverter you don't need UPS.

I have changed my UPS battery twice 😟

cannonfodder

Country flag
Ok guys, here's the thing. I'm clueless where hardware is concerned! I'm gonna buy the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in a month or two which is quite heavy on specs. So I need some clarifications/advice from the computer hardware whizzkids out her.

Questions:

1. I'm planning to buy a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with on board Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Desktop Processor. How much video RAM does the Vega 11 have? Or is it variable depending on the sim, taking what is needed from system RAM?

2. How much minimum system RAM should I opt for? Will 16 GB dual-channel DDR4-2400 RAM do?

3. Is B450, X470 or X570 motherboard ok as they can be overclocked? Or the cheaper A320 motherboard that can't be overclocked?

With the above, it would save me the need for buying a separate video card like the Radeon RX 580 or 590 thus saving about Rs 18,000.

What Microsoft recommends as minimum specs are.....

View attachment 56071

4 GB above is video RAM. 16 GB is system RAM.

Here's a glimpse of the sim. The terrain is real time rendering from Google Earth on an FTTP internet connection. The weather is in real time too! See in full screen....

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Pre-Order Launch Trailer

Wait for desktop zen 3 to come out and buy ryzen 5 3600. 3600/2700X/3300x can also be good choice.
Don't cheap out on motherboard :p, I think there should be some good cheap B450 options now that b550 have come out (may also have higher price if oem migrating to b550 haven't kept an eye out so not sure).

For sure you will need external GPU, GTX 1650 .. or wait for RTX 3000 coming out soon. RTX 2000 GPU prices may fall or you will get better 2nd hand deal for sure. You will definitely need good broadband connection from what I have heard. Also one Utuber was also claiming 32GB is better going forward seeing "ideal" simulator requirements but 16GB would be good enough for now.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
My Build for gaming pc:

Processor: Ryzen 3 3300x
MOBO: Gigabyte 320m -h series
GPU: Nvidea gtx 1650 super (4gb, ddr6)
RAM: Corsair vengeance 3200mhz DDR4 ram. (x 1)
Cooler: Stock wraith max cooler by AMD
Case: Ant esport ice200
SSD: WD green 240GB (previously was going with Crucial P1 500gb)
PSU: Corsair VS550W (I personally think 450watts would be enough, but can't take risk here)

Total Price: 45K approx.
Should be able to play ESO, Dota2 and some light AAA titles … hopefully, I mean that's the plan. .
45k?.....Hmmm. Not bad but then you need to add a UPS ie, approx Rs 3000, and a high end VR ready monitor approx Rs 20,000 bucks. That adds up to about Rs 70K! Ouch! 😳🤪 Just to play games??

Roshan

Country flag
can anyone suggest a laptop for around 50k that can be used for light gaming also if needed?

scatterStorm

Country flag
Don't buy 3000 series processor, wait for a month or two you might get 4000 series. Processors don't have vRAM, they use the RAM sticks you use 16gb DDR 4 RAM is my suggestion.

Yes.

B450 is great, it's the mid tier mobo.

I also had purchased igpu processor, continuous stuttering and poor frame rate forced me to buy dedicated GPU. ☹

This game is a resource hungry game. Even high tier pc witnesses frame drops.

My suggestion :- upcoming ryzen 4000 processor with GTX1650 or RX580 if you want to save money.
4th generation Ryzen Cpu would not get cheaper. Yes you are getting a newer architecture, but until the prices of Ryzen 4 CPU aren't justified, its not worth it.

For e.g. I got my 3300x at 12360/- price. Its a steal.

I didn't invested in a B450 Mobo or the latest B550 Mobo, because the same performance of Ryzen 3600 gpu on a cheaper board is better compared to B550. I am not going to overclock the CPU, although its rated to be already overclocked.

He can build a PC:
With Ryzen 3 3600
GPU: gtx 1660 super
Mobo A cheap A320M mobo with good VRM (4 cpu + 3 phase) --> Gigabyte A320m -S2H series.
Pair it with a Corsair vengence LPX 16GB ram kit at 3000mhz or 3200mhz (if budget is better)
Pair it with a WD green 240GB or Crucial P2 or P1 ssd (if performance is required).

Price will be somewhere 49K to 50K.
The game will fly.

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag
45k?.....Hmmm. Not bad but then you need to add a UPS ie, approx Rs 3000, and a high end VR ready monitor approx Rs 20,000 bucks. That adds up to about Rs 70K! Ouch! 😳🤪 Just to play games??
UPS don't require. Have a inverter already at home.
I am not into VR, I already have a1080p monitor with 144hz refresh rate.

I am into ESO (elder scrolls online) and hopefully will start DCS soon.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Kumata

Country flag
Dont worry nigga look for this
HP 15 10th Gen Intel Core i5. Or
HP 14s er0003TU price would be slashed for it .

Within your budget workplaform and recently launched Aab kush ? Good for students and officer workers with good graphic card :troll: Acha hai na ?
Well.. your link is named as HP 15 , clicking there takes me to amazon where it shows Asus Swift 3 . icing on cake is it is "Currently unavailable"

you are an interesting nigga :bplease::bplease:

Haldilal

Country flag
Well.. your link is named as HP 15 , clicking there takes me to amazon where it shows Asus Swift 3 . icing on cake is it is "Currently unavailable"

you are an interesting nigga :bplease::bplease:
Ingore the link look for hp they are currently running offers for students and offices workers and search for additional discounts and offers at stores like Croma Vijay sale or flipkart.

Good but little bit old at a good price.

Last edited:

Kumata

Country flag
Ingore the link look for hp they are currently running offers for students and offices workers and search for additional discounts and offers at stores like Croma Vijay sale or flipkart.

Good but little bit old at a good price.
yeah.. i m looking at reliance digital and croma only. Beleive Amazon and FK are past their prime... typically one geta a good deal on these stores still

scatterStorm

Country flag
can anyone suggest a laptop for around 50k that can be used for light gaming also if needed?
Lenovo Ideapad L340 (comes with Nvidea Gtx 1050 (3GB) at 52K. Link

However I'd strongly recommend you to go to an offline store, because of deals and low price tag.
Acer Nitro series
HP omen series
etc.

Haldilal

Country flag
This is definitely also works too.
HP omen starts from 60,000 even with discounts could land above 55 even that for a older model. Better go for HP Pavallion 15 series.

scatterStorm

Country flag
HP omen starts from 60,000 even with discounts could land above 55 even that for a older model. Better go for HP Pavallion 15 series.
I do remember buying a gaming laptop, Lenovo Y50 back in 2014 2015 for my younger bro. It was top of the spec core i7 quad core with M630 GPU. It was priced at 90K at that time, but I got the deal in 69K at the Lenovo offline store. Sometimes, you never know what deal or discounts may come in.

I do remember to apply for a students discount back then for my bro. I used his Uni card.

Haldilal

Country flag
I do remember buying a gaming laptop, Lenovo Y50 back in 2014 for my younger bro. It was top of the spec core i7 quad core with M630 GPU. It was priced at 90K at that time, but I got the deal in 69K at the Lenovo offline store. Sometimes, you never know what deal or discounts may come in.

I do remember to apply for a students discount back then for my bro. I used his Uni card.
Better go for HP they are offering discounts for their laptops and offline stores are further giving more discounts with bundle offer for accessories Croma Vijay Sales Digital all are offering this kind of offers.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Better go for HP they are offering discounts for their laptops and offline stores are further giving more discounts with bundle offer for accessories Croma Vijay Sales Digital all are offering this kind of offers.
I am not into brands, I see specs that qualify my need I consider to make the purchase along with after sales services, hence Lenovo, but it depends from city to city. If you are in a metro, expect good serviceability but with people like me in tier 2 cities, not much.

IMHO whatever brand you are going with, price, aftersales are still too major factors to consider.
Chroma stores, yeah they also work. Good deals there.

cyclops

Country flag
New COD Black Ops title.

A game by an independent Chinese game studio, made on Unreal 4. Looks pretty good actually.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles