Computer Console Gaming thread

Kumata

Country flag
between Need some suggestion... I am a core intel guy but off lately feeling the need for another laptop for kid.... wondering if i can dive into AMD world... unfortunately, i have no clues on them but looking for some thing which can last me 4 years... and stay relevant.. i know it's a long shot but still..

He is in 8th standard and preferably should work till 12th...

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
between Need some suggestion... I am a core intel guy but off lately feeling the need for another laptop for kid.... wondering if i can dive into AMD world... unfortunately, i have no clues on them but looking for some thing which can last me 4 years... and stay relevant.. i know it's a long shot but still..

go with AMD,

Find laptop that will give you great warranty.
4 years is a long time for laptop, they dont really age well.

I would suggest notepads, they tend to last longer.
There are notepads where you can get your work done with ease...
Best thing is that notepads tend to last longer much better than laptops.

Kumata

Country flag
No bro but i check that website on weekly basis but still haven't bought anything from that website.
I mean you post there or not as i saw a similar id as your. I do login there once a month or quarter when the commies are too hot and try to go over the board..with their propaganda.... LOL

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I mean you post there or not as i saw a similar id as your. I do login there once a month or quarter when the commies are too hot and try to go over the board..with their propaganda.... LOL
No i have not made any post on that website i don't even have a account on there.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Go for this
Asus APU Dual Core E1 - (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 10 Home) X540YA-XO547T Laptop

Asus Laptops
Asus APU Dual Core E1 - (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 10 Home) X540YA-XO547T Laptop (15.6 inch, Black, 2 kg)

Asus APU Dual Core E1 - (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 10 Home) X540YA-XO547T Laptop (15.6 inch, 2 kg) price 20,990

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Budget?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Ok guys, here's the thing. I'm clueless where hardware is concerned! I'm gonna buy the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in a month or two which is quite heavy on specs. So I need some clarifications/advice from the computer hardware whizzkids out her.

Questions:

1. I'm planning to buy a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with on board Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Desktop Processor. How much video RAM does the Vega 11 have? Or is it variable depending on the sim, taking what is needed from system RAM?

2. How much minimum system RAM should I opt for? Will 16 GB dual-channel DDR4-2400 RAM do?

3. Is B450, X470 or X570 motherboard ok as they can be overclocked? Or the cheaper A320 motherboard that can't be overclocked?

With the above, it would save me the need for buying a separate video card like the Radeon RX 580 or 590 thus saving about Rs 18,000.

What Microsoft recommends as minimum specs are.....

View attachment 56071

4 GB above is video RAM. 16 GB is system RAM.

Here's a glimpse of the sim. The terrain is real time rendering from Google Earth on an FTTP internet connection. The weather is in real time too! See in full screen....

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Pre-Order Launch Trailer

Those are pretty hefty requirements in the graphics department. You'll need a discreet graphics card

Last edited:

Kumata

Country flag
Ok guys, here's the thing. I'm clueless where hardware is concerned! I'm gonna buy the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in a month or two which is quite heavy on specs. So I need some clarifications/advice from the computer hardware whizzkids out her.

Questions:

1. I'm planning to buy a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with on board Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics Desktop Processor. How much video RAM does the Vega 11 have? Or is it variable depending on the sim, taking what is needed from system RAM?

2. How much minimum system RAM should I opt for? Will 16 GB dual-channel DDR4-2400 RAM do?

3. Is B450, X470 or X570 motherboard ok as they can be overclocked? Or the cheaper A320 motherboard that can't be overclocked?

With the above, it would save me the need for buying a separate video card like the Radeon RX 580 or 590 thus saving about Rs 18,000.

View attachment 56071

Here's a glimpse of the sim. The terrain is real time rendering from Google Earth on an FTTP internet connection. The weather is in real time too! See in full screen....

camptain.. have you bought the SIM.. If you are getting a good deal.. let me know as well.. need it for my XBOX...

Haldilal

Country flag
Tricky one.. prefer to keep it under 40K +- 5 k

Ye accha hai na?

Kumata

Country flag

Ye accha hai na?
LOL Yes... best one :rofl:

Edit- it's sold out..

Haldilal

Country flag
LOL Yes... best one :rofl:

Edit- it's sold out..
Accha maal kha par baaki rehta hai re bhai ? Try for other sites or offline stores.

scatterStorm

Country flag
My Build for gaming pc:

Processor: Ryzen 3 3300x
MOBO: Gigabyte 320m -h series
GPU: Nvidea gtx 1650 super (4gb, ddr6)
RAM: Corsair vengeance 3200mhz DDR4 ram. (x 1)
Cooler: Stock wraith max cooler by AMD
Case: Ant esport ice200
SSD: WD green 240GB (previously was going with Crucial P1 500gb)
PSU: Corsair VS550W (I personally think 450watts would be enough, but can't take risk here)

Total Price: 45K approx.
Should be able to play ESO, Dota2 and some light AAA titles … hopefully, I mean that's the plan. .

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Tricky one.. prefer to keep it under 40K +- 5 k

50,990 + 999 for 3y warranty - Ships from 25 Aug
It is 2k cheaper on Amazon but you don't get the warranty there, you can call lenovo customer care and ask how you can get warranty if you buy from Amazon.

Cheapest Ryzen 3rd gen (4500u) Laptop in market. Ships in 8 weeks.

--‐----------------
Also if you don't want to go with Lenovo then go buy a Dell Laptop from their exclusive store with 3y warranty (its usually < 2k for cheap laptops).

Please got with atleast an i5 and SSD ...for the love of your child. :dude:

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
How about buying an xbox one if u want to play flight simulator, wont it be cheaper this way.

Haldilal

Country flag
@Kumata

If on higher budget then how about this

Asus TUF FX505-BQ001T Ryzen R5

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Questions:

Don't buy 3000 series processor, wait for a month or two you might get 4000 series. Processors don't have vRAM, they use the RAM sticks you use 16gb DDR 4 RAM is my suggestion.

Yes.
B450 is great, it's the mid tier mobo.
I also had purchased igpu processor, continuous stuttering and poor frame rate forced me to buy dedicated GPU. ☹

View attachment 56071

This game is a resource hungry game. Even high tier pc witnesses frame drops.

My suggestion :- upcoming ryzen 4000 processor with GTX1650 or RX580 if you want to save money.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles