Comac set to deliver China's first passenger jets

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Quit trolling mate; but I'm sure you'll continue trying to derail this thread.

Post something informative for once instead of the usual BS baiting.
Was I the one who said this plane was going to "topple Airbus"? This thread was created to worship Chinese industry and engineering prowess but you don't like the reality I bring, the reality you are in control of nothing and never will be until you make your own engines.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
We power your airplanes, helicopters, submarines, ships... all we have to do is say no and everything comes to a halt.
You forgot to mention the Russians! The Chinese nuts have copied their fighter aircraft to the bolt! They claim supah powah status but yet have miserably failed to design and produce an engine for any of their aircraft till date! Jeeez!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
To have once own jet is really an achievement. china deserves credit for that.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I think time has come to privatize HAL. Anyways give credit where it is due. China has done a good job withits aviation industry.
privatization is not optional, it will only destroy indian aviation industry. Airbus and Boeing are no private companies at all.

nimo_cn

Country flag
We power your airplanes, helicopters, submarines, ships... all we have to do is say no and everything comes to a halt.
who is "we"? maybe I should remind you that France is not the whole west. just like I said, C919 runs on engines manufactured by a US-France joint venture, hardly to be called "your" engine.

nimo_cn

Country flag
You forgot to mention the Russians! The Chinese nuts have copied their fighter aircraft to the bolt! They claim supah powah status but yet have miserably failed to design and produce an engine for any of their aircraft till date! Jeeez!
Jeez, indians can't even copy properly.

J20!

Country flag
Was I the one who said this plane was going to "topple Airbus"? This thread was created to worship Chinese industry and engineering prowess but you don't like the reality I bring, the reality you are in control of nothing and never will be until you make your own engines.
This thread focuses on COMAC airliners.

No one asked you or anyone else to worship COMAC or it's engineers. That's a proverbial straw man you're using to justify trolling the thread.

And it was @amoy who posted the info graphic on the C919s component makeup , you just keep trying to derail the thread with "France controls the plane" nonsense.

The C919 and other COMAC airframes are most likely going to breakup the duopoly Boeing and Airbus have over the Chinese airliner market. That's just a fact. Trolling a COMAC thread on an Indian forum only makes you look butthurt

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This thread focuses on COMAC airliners.

No one asked you or anyone else to worship COMAC or it's engineers. That's a proverbial straw man you're using to justify trolling the thread.

And it was @amoy who posted the info graphic on the C919s component makeup , you just keep trying to derail the thread with "France controls the plane" nonsense.

The C919 and other COMAC airframes are most likely going to breakup the duopoly Boeing and Airbus have over the Chinese airliner market. That's just a fact. Trolling a COMAC thread on an Indian forum only makes you look butthurt
This thread is quote "Chinese achievements in Industry, technology and military are the topic." I didn't say it just like I didn't start a topic to topple Boeing and Airbus. Now that I have brought you down to the reality that it won't happen you want to act butthurt. This Comac is so full of foreign parts it is almost hysterical to think the global aviation industry will let you compete to devovle their own interests. Not to mention you have no prayer of passing safety regulations to fly it outside of China.

pmaitra

This thread is quote "Chinese achievements in Industry, technology and military are the topic." I didn't say it just like I didn't start a topic to topple Boeing and Airbus. Now that I have brought you down to the reality that it won't happen you want to act butthurt. This Comac is so full of foreign parts it is almost hysterical to think the global aviation industry will let you compete to devovle their own interests. Not to mention you have no prayer of passing safety regulations to fly it outside of China.
Nope, the thread title is, and I quote, "Comac set to deliver China's first passenger jets." It has been like that since April 28, 2014.

J20!

Country flag
The thread title is there for anyone with eyes to read, I don't need to argue with you. That aside, use your head mate... There's a reason the C919 and ARJ21 fly with the best components the aviation market can offer.

What rationale would those aviation bodies in Europe and the US have to deny the C919 certification if it flies on the same avionics and critical components that feature on Airbus and Boeing jets? I'll save your post for the day C919 and other COMAC airliners get European airworthiness certificates. It wont be the first time your "doom and gloom" predictions have proven wildly inaccurate.

amoy

C919 boasts global sourcing model
ECNS App Download

A C919 aircraft undergoes checks in Shanghai after a test flight. (Photo/China Daily)

The C919 aircraft, China's first homegrown large passenger jet, boasts a global sourcing model that is similar to that of Boeing Co and Airbus Group SE. The model is believed to increase production efficiency and save costs, but aircraft manufacturers retain control of key technologies.

The C919 plane also has several significant technical breakthroughs. Intense research and development was conducted before production, and it uses a large amount of composite materials.

For instance, 85 percent of its tail section is made from composite materials, according to Commercial Aircraft Corp of China Ltd, manufacturer of the C919. In China, the technology to apply composite materials is still in its infancy, and the application requires mould manufacturing, temperature control and other techniques.

Harbin Hafei Industry Co Ltd, an aviation manufacturer in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, is mainly responsible for the manufacturing of some parts that mainly use composite materials, including the hatch door for the front landing gear and the main landing gear, as well as the vertical tail of the C919.

Li Wei, deputy chief engineer of the C919 project at Hafei, said: "We cooperated with Boeing, Airbus and Embraer before. The design capabilities, quality system, and the supplier management capability of COMAC are in line with international standards, when compared with established aircraft manufacturers."

With more than 100,000 components required for the plane, more than 240 local Chinese companies have served as suppliers and manufacturers for the C919. More than 460,000 people have been involved in its research and development, and 37 higher education institutions joined the C919 project, COMAC said.

Once the C919 plane starts mass production and delivery, it is expected to drive the rapid growth of the upstream and downstream industry chains and other high-end manufacturing sectors, such as metal materials, mechanical manufacturing, electronic information and chemistry.

Wu Xingshi, a member of the State Council's large passenger aircraft program's expert advisory committee, said the C919 model has applied for airworthiness certificates with the industry's regulator, the Civil Aviation Administration of China, as well as the Europe Aviation Safety Agency, and China aims to accelerate the approval process for the C919.

"For the ARJ21, the nation's first domestic commercial regional aircraft, it took about six to seven years of test flights before it received the airworthiness certificate, which was the longest period for commercial aircraft in history," he said.

"The ARJ21 serves as a pioneer in China, and the test flight process of the C919 should be faster and more smoothly, until it proves that it can meet the operational requirements for commercial use."

Lin Zhijie, an aviation industry analyst and columnist at Carnoc.com, one of China's largest civil aviation web portals, said China serves as the initiator and host of the C919 project.

He said China is responsible for the original design, assembly and supplier management, and those responsibilities are seen as the key parts of large commercial aircraft manufacturing.

"The capability of producing large commercial aircraft is a critical index to assess the industrial manufacturing and technological strengths of a country," Lin said.

"We don't need to label the C919 as 100 percent made-in-China. Our aim is to integrate the most advantageous resources and latest technologies, and produce aircraft that will be competitive in the global market."

Despite the promising prospects, Lin said the C919's entry to the market won't occur very soon. It is expected to go into operation between 2020 and 2022, and it ultimately aims to break the global market duopoly of Boeing and Airbus.

Boeing Co earlier lifted its forecast for China. It said in the next two decades, the nation is likely to become the first country with an aviation market exceeding $1 trillion. During that period, Chinese airlines are estimated to purchase 6,810 airplanes valued at $1.025 trillion.

Thousands of test hours on C919 jet needed before OK

amoy

Boeing is taking extreme measures to make sure Bombardier does not become another Airbus

Boeing To Trump: 'End Bombardier's Illegal, Unfair Business Practices'
It said more than US$3 billion in government subsidies so far have allowed Bombardier to engage in "predatory pricing'' for an aircraft that competes directly against its 737-700 and 737 MAX 7 airplanes.

Boeing claimed Bombardier has sold CSeries planes that cost US$33 million to produce for less than US$20 million each and at prices below what it charged in Canada.

"It's selling the aircraft in the U.S. at prices that are millions lower than those that they're charging in Canada, which is the very definition of dumping,'' Boeing spokesman Daniel Curran said in an interview.

Boeing joins Brazil, which filed a similar complaint with the World Trade Organization at the urging of rival manufacturer Embraer.

Delta Air Lines will become the first U.S. CSeries carrier after placing a firm order a year ago for 75 CS100 aircraft valued at US$5.6 billion. It also has options for 50 more planes and can covert some of the aircraft to larger CS300s.

Air Canada followed by ordering 45 CS300s for US$3.8 billion at list prices, plus options for 30 more planes.

Airlines typically pay much less than list prices and early buyers of new planes usually get low prices.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
http://www.comac.cc/xwzx/mtjj/201706/15/t20170615_5334496.shtml

PS. Non mandarin speaking pals will need to use Google translate, as there is no corresponding english article I could find.

According to their website, COMAC is currently doing small batch production of the ARJ21, with 5 air frames on the assembly line at their current assembly hall:

THe site also says that batch production will be made possible with the completion of COMAC's new assembly hall being constructed in Pudong, due for completion in 2018.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
we have so many engineers in India... sab apni ga** marwa rahein hai kya? I have tried to work for some company ( would not mention the name) which deals with turbine well they are not interested in it because it does not bring them profit and takes time in development.
Inki ma ka bh*sda

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Nope, the thread title is, and I quote, "Comac set to deliver China's first passenger jets." It has been like that since April 28, 2014.
but they are building we are not. irrespective of the fact we have so many engineers. And let me tell honestly, we cannot produce a code for hydraulic fuel pump regulation in the aircraft.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
we have so many engineers in India... sab apni ga** marwa rahein hai kya? I have tried to work for some company ( would not mention the name) which deals with turbine well they are not interested in it because it does not bring them profit and takes time in development.
Inki ma ka bh*sda
Our short sighted companies are lagging behind because of this only. If they spend some time and money in R & D and product development, they can really outclass any company in the world. However they are shortsighted and only because of their short sightedness, they are unable to exploit huge potential of very cheap R & D of India. I heard one Interview of Baba kalyani. He said that strength of India does not lie in making cheap low tech product but it lies in highly cost effective high tech products. He said that we shall be able to produce artillery guns at least 30% cheaper than anybody else in the world.

amoy

I accept that we do not have the copy cat gineous and

We have a bombardier unit in Baroda but they manufacture metro coaches.
I've heard of enough gibberish on copycat from Indian posters. Rather than indulging in self-righteousness or IBM (Indian big mouth) why not focus on climbing up the value chain for 1.2b Indians (the would-be biggest population in the world)??

India is no Monaco nor Qatar. So there's no quick bucks.

Think about those well-paid jobs that Boeing offers Americans, upstream and downstream. One aircraft is worth billions of rupees. What is an ordinary Indian who puts his nose to the grindstone able to earn?

China's Comac is reportedly in talks to buy into Canada's Boeing rival
Over the past few years,Bombardier's commercial aircraft division has struggled to recoup the billions of dollars invested in the development of the company's attempt to compete with the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 families of airliners.

Even though the Bombardier C-Series has received critical acclaim, the aircraft has been beset by delays and slow sales. Delta Air Lines is the C-Series's largest customer with an order for 75 aircraft valued at $5.6 billion at list prices.

As a result, Bombardier has been forced to accept roughly $3 billion in public bailouts over the past two years.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
http://www.eastpendulum.com/c919-2e-vol-dessai-et-130-nouvelles-commandes
C919: 2nd test flight and 130 new orders
146 days after its inaugural flight , the prototype 10101 of the Chinese mid-airliner C919finally conducted its second test flight yesterday at Pudong International Airport in Shanghai.

The plane that keeps its original livery in white, blue and green took off from runway 4 at 07:22 am with a crew of five. This first C919 prototype then flew northward over the East China Sea, flying over Hoânh Sa, Chongming, Qidong and Nantong, before returning to Shanghai and landing 10:08, after a flight that lasted 2h and 46 minutes.

This is twice as long as the inaugural flight that took place on May 5 this year, with a flight area twice as wide.

The C919 also reached a top speed of 250 knots with the gear retracted for this new test. On its first flight five months ago, Chinese regulations forced the aircraft to restrict its speed to about 180 knots and the train pulled out.

The air traffic control tower in Nantong had indicated on his account of Weibo (Chinese Twitter) that the C919 would normally land around 11:00. It is therefore unclear whether this information was incorrect or that the second flight was indeed shortened.

It should be noted that an ARJ21-700, registered 107, also made its test flight at the same time as the C919, so it is the first time that two airliners "Made in China" fly together. The message is very symbolic.

The course of the C919 during its second test flight (Image: Flight Radar 24)

The altitude and speed of the C919 during its second test flight (Image: Flight Radar 24)

In preparation to continue its flight tests in Yanliang (阎良), near the city of Xi'an, where the China Flight Test Establishment (CFTE) is the biggest and best equipped test center, the C919 # 10101 will still conduct some thirty test flights, with more than 200 checkpoints, before leaving the Shanghai area.

It is in Yanliang that the C919 will carry out most of its qualifications in order to obtain the type certification (TC) of the Chinese authorities CAAC, an essential first step for the plane to ensure its commercial flights in China.

The flight from Shanghai to Yanliang from a distance of 1,400 km will be the first real test for the C919 program.

For the rest of the program, the second prototype of C919, registered 10102, is currently being assembled in the FAC of the COMAC aircraft manufacturer in Shanghai. The aircraft's electrical system is already connected and powered since July 28, and the aircraft is expected to fly for the first time before the end of the year.

A new airport and four other prototypes will also be built to speed up the testing phase.

The second test flight of the C919 (Photos: COMAC)

Meanwhile, C919's backlog continues to grow. On September 19, at the Beijing Air Show, COMAC signed new orders for 130 aircraft with four Chinese leasing companies, bringing the total to 730 aircraft according to the release .

Although C919's current 27 clients are mainly Sino-Chinese companies or companies, which demonstrates the political support of the Chinese state to the program, China has not lost hope of seeing its flagship of aeronautics fly in the skies of other continents.

During his visit to Germany at the end of May, the Chinese Prime Minister requested support from Chancellor Angela Merkel in obtaining the EASA CT for the C919, without which the aircraft could never enter the airspace European.

Knowing that this kind of certificate is not only a technical issue but also a political one, especially for a new potentially threatening actor, it is necessary to see what kind of exchange of interest could be used by China to persuade Europe and the United States (FAA) to eventually accept the C919.

But at the latest news, EASA has already agreed to process the application for certification of the Chinese aircraft.

To be continued.

Henri K

Global Defence

New threads

Articles