Comac set to deliver China's first passenger jets

J20!

Country flag
Ha Ha...............:biggrin2: even most of the critical parts are imported.
But it does fly does it not? It is competitive in its class, is it not?

Show me an Indian equivalent and I'll acknowledge your attempt at ridicule.

A little maturity goes a long way mate.

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
Good effort by China shows where is the will there is way! One thing I give to you is given your dictatorial regime, the way your govt forces domestic companies to "pool" their orders in such a way that it becomes attractive deal for a MNC and the Chinese govt is able to derive good bargain(in terms of tech transfer). Case in point how China ordered commercial aircraft from Boeing/Airbus. This proves beneficial in giving overall boost lip to technology base in the country.

Contrast with India, India is going to be third largest buyer of passenger planes in world with order of 1080. Yet that "purchasing power" is spread across independent private companies, and govt cant pool them together to derive "good bargain"

amoy

Good effort by China shows where is the will there is way! One thing I give to you is given your dictatorial regime, the way your govt forces domestic companies to "pool" their orders in such a way that it becomes attractive deal for a MNC and the Chinese govt is able to derive good bargain(in terms of tech transfer). Case in point how China ordered commercial aircraft from Boeing/Airbus. This proves beneficial in giving overall boost lip to technology base in the country.

Contrast with India, India is going to be third largest buyer of passenger planes in world with order of 1080. Yet that "purchasing power" is spread across independent private companies, and govt cant pool them together to derive "good bargain"
On "dictartorial regime" pooling - There wouldn't have been birth of Airbus Industrie to compete with Boeing, McDonell Douglas... had there been no governmental push-pull of W. Germany, Uk and France. AFAIK Air India India's flag airline is stated owned too.

And the market force is at work. The unit price of C919 is said to be %% (not sure) of its rivals A320 and B737. Obviously airlines would have to evaluate c919 as a valid option on basis of cost efficiency. AirAsia is “exploring” the COMAC C919

As for Comac outscourcing its key components - engines etc., just check Boeing and Airbus, they're doing a lot of outsourcing to mature suppliers too. And it's of vital importance for C919 to obtain air-worthiness certification of EASA!

It would quite quite significant if Comac grabs, say 20% of the domestic market of single-aisle jets -- China will need 6,810 new aircraft in the next 20 years at an estimated cost of one trillion USD, which would otherwise go to Airbus or Boeing mostly.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
But it does fly does it not? It is competitive in its class, is it not?

Show me an Indian equivalent and I'll acknowledge your attempt at ridicule.

A little maturity goes a long way mate.
Who says it is competitive? The most important thing to a commercial airliner is operational cost.

AnantS

Country flag
On "dictartorial regime" pooling - There wouldn't have been birth of Airbus Industrie to compete with Boeing, McDonell Douglas... had there been no governmental push-pull of W. Germany, Uk and France. AFAIK Air India India's flag airline is stated owned too.
Your example is irrelevant ! Airbus was consolidation of European manufacturers to pool their strength and monies, in order to maintain European edge in aerospace sector.

The example I quoted was of pooling of orders in order to leverage purchasing power to derive better bargains.

Air India is just state owned. But India has many private airlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airlines_of_India#Operational

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I will never ever fly in that Chinese made plane even if given a free ticket! Never know when a wing or tail will fall off!! :biggrin2:

amoy

IMO C919 of Comac primarily focuses on the domestic market given its single flight range of 4,000km.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
IMO C919 of Comac primarily focuses on the domestic market given its single flight range of 4,000km.

So, except for the radar and wings, the rest of the aircraft is made from foreign sourced parts including engines, fuel systems, APUs, FC actuation systems, fire detection systems, flight recorders, landing gear, thrust reversers, electric power systems etc!! How then is it called a 'Chinese' product? Lol!

amoy

So, except for the radar and wings, the rest of the aircraft is made from foreign sourced parts including engines, fuel systems, APUs, FC actuation systems, fire detection systems, flight recorders, landing gear, thrust reversers, electric power systems etc!! How then is it called a 'Chinese' product? Lol!
Consolidate all these foreign sourced parts, experiement, and make it fly eventually. There wouldn't have been only Airbus, Bombardier... shall have been many more.

It's a piece of cake. Indians shall also try :biggrin2: so that your talents and workforce will be retained and grow.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Consolidate all these foreign sourced parts, experiement, and make it fly eventually. There wouldn't have been only Airbus, Bombardier... shall have been many more.

It's a piece of cake. Indians shall also try :biggrin2: so that your talents and workforce will be retained and grow.
Then why do you Chinese go into spasms of laughter about the Tejas when we say it's an indigenous aircraft? :tongue:

Bahamut

These system are very critical better find alternative Chinese suppliers before its too late

amoy

These system are very critical better find alternative Chinese suppliers before its too late
Don't think it feasible to be confined to Chinese suppliers in a globalization era. An open market comes both ways.

Besides IMO established western suppliers would help C919 to secure airworthiness certification from FAA and EASA.

CFM LEAP-1C receives FAA, EASA certification
CFM International’s (Villaroche, France) LEAP-1C integrated propulsion system was simultaneously awarded Type Certificates by both the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), paving the way for entry into commercial service on the Commercial Aircraft Corp. of China (COMAC) C919 aircraft.

Bahamut

Don't think it feasible to be confined to Chinese suppliers in a globalization era. An open market comes both ways.

Besides IMO established western suppliers would help C919 to secure airworthiness certification from FAA and EASA.

CFM LEAP-1C receives FAA, EASA certification
There may be an unlikely event say in scs or North Korea which could lead to sanction, it better to have domestic alternative, give the customer option to choose the system the want

nimo_cn

Country flag
i doubt......

when russian airliner don't get the globle buyers , how would the chinese which is having the copies of russian equipments on board....

who can dare to take chance in air !!!
what Russian equipments are you talking about?

most critical parts are provided by European or American companies, the same equipments used by Airbus and Boeing. if Airbus and Boeing can pass, so should Comac.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I will never ever fly in that Chinese made plane even if given a free ticket! Never know when a wing or tail will fall off!! :biggrin2:
I assure you that Comac's future wont be affected by Indians like you.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Then why do you Chinese go into spasms of laughter about the Tejas when we say it's an indigenous aircraft? :tongue:
because Chinese are able to build jet fighters much more "indigenous" than tejas while indians are not able to do the same thing to c919.

Tarun Kumar

I think time has come to privatize HAL. Anyways give credit where it is due. China has done a good job withits aviation industry.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
joint venture by Americans and french. I doubt french could take all the credit.
We power your airplanes, helicopters, submarines, ships... all we have to do is say no and everything comes to a halt.

J20!

Country flag
We power your airplanes, helicopters, submarines, ships... all we have to do is say no and everything comes to a halt.
Quit trolling mate; but I'm sure you'll continue trying to derail this thread.

Post something informative for once instead of the usual BS baiting.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles