Colonialism in India

Soul83

I heard white people bragging and insulting indians how the british easily ruled india etc. and the britsh were much less but conquered india etc. can indians tell me the perspective of indians what really happened and why india gained indepence so lately. also make a comparison to the islamic conquerors of india and what was different what was the same etc.

DingDong

Country flag
I heard white people bragging and insulting indians how the british easily ruled india etc. and the britsh were much less but conquered india etc. can indians tell me the perspective of indians what really happened and why india gained indepence so lately. also make a comparison to the islamic conquerors of india and what was different what was the same etc.
Unfortunately, their version is true. But not completely true. It took them around 100 years to take total full control of the Subcontinent, and they were helped by the political situation prevalent in this part of the world.

India gained independence because of the WW2 and not because of a "Mad Man" named Gandhi and his non-violence. India gained independence because British ran out of bullets, They had already sucked their colonies dry. British decided to rebuild their own country. Almost all British Colonies gained freedom in that period and India was just one of the many fortunate nations.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles