Cold War 2.0

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
large # of christian conversions & taipei rebellion shows that chinese do have a problem with 'westernization'.

Same with large % of american-chinese marrying white melechas.
--
W/e hope best for China, as long as its not against our interests.
Hopefully they defeat christianity & get kicked out of Tibet & Uttarpath.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Yes, great, now you are claiming 2 things, which are not 100% right:
1. The Chinese coming overseas have great language skill in English, which I can ensure you that we are not. From my own experience, after 14 years learning and working in Australia, I still have difficulty to express myself sometimes, especially my emotion. So, there is a big question mark if you get them right;
2. Chinese generally hate to give you negative response especially when you don't have very close relationship with them, either they don't trust you, or they are being polite.

So, yes, speaking Chinese doesn't guarantee your best understanding, but non-Chinese speaker will 100% fail to understand them.
Thank you for teaching us how Chinese act towards people from other cultures.

garg_bharat

Country flag
One Singapore Chinese lady remarked to me (in 1996) that Chinese are very much like Indians. I had difficulty believing her then, but over time I have come to the same conclusion.

1. Most Indians have same difficulty with English that native Chinese experience.
2. Most Indians suffer from baldness like Chinese.
3. Indians are traditionalists like Chinese.
4. Indians worship ancestors like Chinese.
5. Indians are conservative like Chinese.

And many more can be told.

The only major difference is in diet where a Chinese eats almost anything; but Indian diet is limited.

no smoking

Country flag
One Singapore Chinese lady remarked to me (in 1996) that Chinese are very much like Indians. I had difficulty believing her then, but over time I have come to the same conclusion.
One thing for sure, most Chinese doesn't agree with her or you.

Or I should say: we have different definition about "baldness", "traditionalists", "ancestors worship", "conservative".

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Its not me who said that NATO is terrified. But a week ago NATO chief gave a statement saying that they were shocked to see the speed at which the Russians were moving their forces and also the accuracy at which the Russian cruise missiles were fired from far away distance and the damage done by those missiles. He also said that the long underestimation of Russian technology being rusty and useless has been warded off by seeing the technology being demonstrated now
hey are scarred of Bombing from Su 34. Bloody unguided bombs released from su 34 hit bang on the target with a great accuracy.

no smoking

Country flag
A cold war between India and China has begun.
How? With pathetic 2% GDP on military spending from both sides?
Do you have any idea what "cold war" means?
American and Russian will laugh to death if you call this "cold war".

garg_bharat

Country flag
One thing for sure, most Chinese doesn't agree with her or you.

Or I should say: we have different definition about "baldness", "traditionalists", "ancestors worship", "conservative".
can you define a Chinese? I would love to know your definition.

garg_bharat

Country flag
NO.

India and China are on parallel paths mostly. The points of intersection are few.

It is incorrect to assume that any development in India is a direct result of some Chinese action.

India's military posture is a sum total of its security situation + economic conditions.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
In a cold war, two strong countries who are in tension with each other, use their full potential to project power and proving their upper hand in world arena.
Obviously, we aren't (nor Chinese) using thier entire capability to project power.
Whenever, India gets classified into a highly developed developing country or developed country, only then, we can expect high spending in percentage. :)

garg_bharat

Country flag
India gets classified into a highly developed developing country or developed country, only then, we can expect high spending in percentage.
I have my doubts that defence spending will rise except in wartime. People forget pensions and internal security. Defence expenditure in India has already reached a plateau and cannot rise further.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I have my doubts that defence spending will rise except in wartime. People forget pensions and internal security. Defence expenditure in India has already reached a plateau and cannot rise further.
US and Russia invest 4.4%-4.4% on defence.
Indian defense spending has a large portion used in pensions and salaries of soldiers.
Not more than $40 billions are used in procurement.
As technical ability expands. Country develops and there's lesser need of spending on public welfare programs, country feels that it must project power around the world, it will surely spend more on defence. :)

garg_bharat

Country flag
As technical ability expands. Country develops and there's lesser need of spending on public welfare programs
You are wrong. Spending on welfare will never decrease with such a large population. India has to feed and educate so many people. The village economy is still quite weak due to mismatch between urban and rural. 65% of people are still living in rural areas.

Even 50% of urban population is living in ghetto like conditions.

The challenges are massive; you will see when you remove your rose coloured glasses.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
How? With pathetic 2% GDP on military spending from both sides?
Do you have any idea what "cold war" means?
American and Russian will laugh to death if you call this "cold war".
Ohhhhhhhh With russian sepnding of 1/10 pf US and still there can be a cold war but india spending 1/3 rd of china and still there can not be a cold war? Great logic.

I know what cold war mean but you certainly do not.

Cold war need not match weapon to weapon budget to budget but taking necessary action keeping adversary's move in mind.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You are wrong. Spending on welfare will never decrease with such a large population. India has to feed and educate so many people. The village economy is still quite weak due to mismatch between urban and rural. 65% of people are still living in rural areas.

Even 50% of urban population is living in ghetto like conditions.

The challenges are massive; you will see when you remove your rose coloured glasses.
Spending on Welfare will automatically decrease with development because people will become self capable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles