Cold War 2.0

salute

Looks like USA will win Cold War 2 like the first. Russia weaker militarily (and economically)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah,

their economy mostly based on oil and gas isnt it,

they are called superpower mostly because of huge numbers of icbm weapons.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Russians have more advanced tech than uncle Sam. Neither of them will win the cold war 2.0, but the Russians have made a head start. NATO is terrified by seeing the Russian missiles in the Syrian war which is happening now. The NATO did not expect that the Russians have advanced technology.

Country flag
Russians have more advanced tech than uncle Sam. Neither of them will win the cold war 2.0, but the Russians have made a head start. NATO is terrified by seeing the Russian missiles in the Syrian war which is happening now. The NATO did not expect that the Russians have advanced technology.
NATO has started wars on Russian borders
Crimea and Georgia . Many surrounding Eastern European nations are now in NATO.
Oil economy gone sanctions in place and Russia's Cold War allies India and China now pro west . Don't think NATO is so terrified?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

As expected from the VICE channel, (supposedly) subtle American propaganda on the visual, auditory, verbal and informational aspects. :yey:
Watching these videos helps me fine tune my BS meter, and better the capability to catch western propaganda BS.

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think it is a "hot war" and the NATO head is right.

The Russians are involved in hostilities right at their border (very close). This is not a characterization of cold war.

There is no guarantee that USA will win this "war". The polarization on the NATO side is already complete, but the other side (let me call it the Eastern Alliance) is only beginning to take shape. So yes Russia can be called weak.

However surprise is that a Russia is actually fighting which everybody in the West has written off just a few years ago. This is a truly remarkable turn of events.

Let us see who joins this hypothetical "Eastern Alliance". China is the ambivalent player. Iran is clearly tilting towards Russia though its attitude is far from clear at this point. If Iran and China join Russia openly then this "Eastern Alliance" will have a visible shape.

It is likely that at least two dozen countries will join this alliance eventually, representing a significant military and financial strength.

USA is not invincible. It is just that a plethora of factors have been positive for USA for a century. Things are slipping now. And the biggest challenge to US power is the monster that USA created itself out of greed - the Sunni Islamic insurgency.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Turkey is likely digging its own grave by killing Kurds. Kurds are one third of Turkey's population and are "Muslim Sunni" and very conservative people.

Hindi proverb is apt "ghar ka bhedi lanka dhaye".

garg_bharat

Country flag
Nobody care about Syrian people in my view. Syria is just a battleground, a piece of land which does not deserve the amount of dead already. But more will be killed.

Turkey/Saudi cannot have their way in Syria just because they waited too long, and their plans failed. "Khisiyani billi khambha noche". The Russians are now entrenched. There is no viable way Turkey/Saudi can boot Russians out of Syria.

garg_bharat

Country flag
If US dollar is traded fairly today, it is not worth more than Rs 10.

I think China and Russia have realized that they cannot survive long term in the current financial and security architecture. Though it is more difficult for China as Chinese public are crazy about the West. Chinese public traditionally has low confidence in their own government. So it is a big challenge for China.

However China is preparing for a big fight, and it is clear who that fight is going to be with.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Seems Russia is just ignoring Turkey's threat. Russian airstrikes are continuing and SAA is still advancing.

The Kurds are at receiving end of Turkish artillery fire. I think it is very good for Russian plans.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
It surely is an uncertainty as to who will win, because a cold war cannot have winners. Only hope is that warcraft wins and a hot war starts.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
NATO has started wars on Russian borders
Crimea and Georgia . Many surrounding Eastern European nations are now in NATO.
Oil economy gone sanctions in place and Russia's Cold War allies India and China now pro west . Don't think NATO is so terrified?

Its not me who said that NATO is terrified. But a week ago NATO chief gave a statement saying that they were shocked to see the speed at which the Russians were moving their forces and also the accuracy at which the Russian cruise missiles were fired from far away distance and the damage done by those missiles. He also said that the long underestimation of Russian technology being rusty and useless has been warded off by seeing the technology being demonstrated now

Country flag
Its not me who said that NATO is terrified. But a week ago NATO chief gave a statement saying that they were shocked to see the speed at which the Russians were moving their forces and also the accuracy at which the Russian cruise missiles were fired from far away distance and the damage done by those missiles. He also said that the long underestimation of Russian technology being rusty and useless has been warded off by seeing the technology being demonstrated now
If USA loses in Syria I would not be suprised to see NATO alliance collapse and EU collapse. Refugee crisis is also pushing some nations to brink of civil war. If it doesn't happen soon expect some of this within a decade. Europe is finished and gaining nothing by being in NATO and supporting USA.

garg_bharat

Country flag
No. Western technology is more advanced.
BUT the east has focussed on disruptive technologies and gained success.

Why Saudis have made only a limited headway in Yemen despite a very costly effort? Because even M1 tanks are not holding against Iranian anti-tank missiles (probably Chinese design).

The West has better equipment, Specially the lead in air and space assets is considerable.

Russia and China have developed anti-satellite weapons, and I believe these will be used if the war erupts. The US spy satellites are prime targets of anti-satellite weapons.

Russians have spent very heavy money on anti-air and anti-missile defenses. It is speculated that Russian SAMs are best in the world, though only a war can prove if it is true.

No country has defense against IRBMs and ICBMs at the present time. Even USA efforts are not mature.

garg_bharat

Country flag
USA always engages in pre-emptive strategy. The West always fights an economic war and "special ops" or sabotage against its enemies. The current situation looks like this component is very active.

Either the enemy surrenders and accepts West's supremacy, else actual warfare may result.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Russia and China have developed anti-satellite weapons, and I believe these will be used if the war erupts. The US spy satellites are prime targets of anti-satellite weapons.
I believe I read somewhere that US regards destruction of its satellite by enemy ASAT as a strategic attack and will respond with nuclear force.
*Citation Needed - Could not find the source again.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Sir, you are kidding right???

Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I believe I read somewhere that US regards destruction of its satellite by enemy ASAT as a strategic attack and will respond with nuclear force.
*Citation Needed - Could not find the source again.
It is very hard to use nuclear weapons. It is not such a simple decision as it seems.
Even US may not want uncontrolled escalation.

It is hard to predict what US will do unless actual war erupts. A direct war between nuclear powers has not happened yet, and any prediction or plan may go haywire when it happens.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles