CNSA news, Updates and Discussions

skywatcher

Country flag
A Chinese Kuaizhou 1A rocket launched the first two satellites for China’s planned Xingyun Internet of Things communications and data relay constellation at 9:16 12 May 2020. Delayed from April.

flight sequence
it's the 11 flight of Kuaizhou family

skywatcher

Country flag
Update: Landspace completed its third 200s engine test on 13 May 2020.
Zhuque-2 is a medium lift LOX/LCH4 rocket with a payload capacity of 4 tons to LEO. It's scheduled for maiden flight in 2021.
As China's largest private launch firm, Landspace has raised over 1 billion Yuan(143 million USD) since its founding in June 2015.

Last edited:

skywatcher

Country flag
Zhuque-2 is a medium lift LOX/LCH4 rocket with a payload capacity of 4 tons to LEO. It's scheduled for maiden flight in 2021.
As China's largest private launch firm, Landspace has raised over 1 billion Yuan(143 million USD) since its founding in June 2015.

skywatcher

Country flag

corrections:
1. As of May 2020, Landspace has raised a total of 1.5 billion Yuan (212 million USD) according to the company CFO.
2. Zhuque-2 payload capacity to LEO(200KM) is 6 tons according to its official website

skywatcher

Country flag
Summary of the most active Chinese private space launch companies in 2019

Actually, Expace is a doppelganger of China's state owned CASIC known for Kuaizhou rocket series.
Other startups have no direct link to the Chinese government. Things have changed a lot over the past year with Land Space and I-space getting increasingly dominant. One Space seems to have been phased out.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
typical shoddy indian media...hehe. low level as always
Please elucidate. If you say it's 'shoddy' reporting you need to give the reason why.

Out-of-Control Chinese Rocket Reportedly Dropped Debris on Africa
Did they perhaps have a plan to de-orbit it that went wrong?

Reports of a 12-m-long object crashing into the village of Mahounou in Cote d'Ivoire.
It's directly on the CZ-5B reentry track, 2100 km downrange from the Space-Track
reentry location. (photo: Aminata24)

1589519856071.png

On Monday, the core of China’s colossal Long March 5B rocket made an uncontrolled descent back to Earth. Massive chunks of the rocket screamed over and over several major US cities before splashing down in the Atlantic Monday afternoon, as confirmed by the US Air Force.

Now, it sounds as though parts falling off it may have left a trail of debris. According to The Verge, bits of the rocket appear to have touched ground on the Ivory Coast. Local media reported that mysterious metallic objects were raining from the sky.

“When you have a big chunk of metal screaming through the upper atmosphere in a particular direction at a particular time, and you get reports of things falling out of the sky at that location, at that time, it’s not a big leap to connect them,” Harvard-Smithsonian astronomer Jonathan McDowell, who has closely followed the story about the falling rocket, told The Verge.

McDowell pointed out that the reported location of the debris aligns with the rocket’s path.

Probably the Chinese failed a controlled re-entry. Now what if this Chinese junk had fallen on a crowded city square? The stuff they make is well known for failures. They need to lay much more stress on quality control. In their hurry to get things done, they miss the wood for the trees, paying scant attention to detail.

skywatcher

Country flag
Please elucidate. If you say it's 'shoddy' reporting you need to give the reason why.

Out-of-Control Chinese Rocket Reportedly Dropped Debris on Africa
Did they perhaps have a plan to de-orbit it that went wrong?

Reports of a 12-m-long object crashing into the village of Mahounou in Cote d'Ivoire.
It's directly on the CZ-5B reentry track, 2100 km downrange from the Space-Track
reentry location. (photo: Aminata24)

View attachment 47874

On Monday, the core of China’s colossal Long March 5B rocket made an uncontrolled descent back to Earth. Massive chunks of the rocket screamed over and over several major US cities before splashing down in the Atlantic Monday afternoon, as confirmed by the US Air Force.

Now, it sounds as though parts falling off it may have left a trail of debris. According to The Verge, bits of the rocket appear to have touched ground on the Ivory Coast. Local media reported that mysterious metallic objects were raining from the sky.

“When you have a big chunk of metal screaming through the upper atmosphere in a particular direction at a particular time, and you get reports of things falling out of the sky at that location, at that time, it’s not a big leap to connect them,” Harvard-Smithsonian astronomer Jonathan McDowell, who has closely followed the story about the falling rocket, told The Verge.

McDowell pointed out that the reported location of the debris aligns with the rocket’s path.

Probably the Chinese failed a controlled re-entry. Now what if this Chinese junk had fallen on a crowded city square? The stuff they make is well known for failures. They need to lay much more stress on quality control. In their hurry to get things done, they miss the wood for the trees, paying scant attention to detail.
fake news. i don't see this on any professional website or any mainstream media. I don't see people talk about this on nasaspaceflightforum. the fake news only appears on shoddy media

Last edited:

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
fake news. i don't see this on any professional website or any mainstream media. I don't see people talk about this on nasaspaceflightforum. the fake news only appears on shoddy media
Try to look for other sources than global times

Last edited by a moderator:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
you're anti-science. large chunk of debris can not survive when reentering at such high speed.
Mainstream non-Indian media
One of the largest pieces of uncontrolled space debris fell back down and landed on Earth today, passing directly over Los Angeles and Central Park in New York City and landing in the Atlantic Ocean.

On May 5, China launched the Long March-5B rocket with an unmanned prototype spacecraft into orbit from Wenchang Space Launch Center in south China's Hainan province.

The Department of Defense confirmed the reentry of the rocket at 1534 UTC, which is in the Atlantic Ocean just off the coast of West Africa.

skywatcher

Country flag
Mainstream non-Indian media

hehe. you just deleted my post. I don't see any problem with this. I don't see any mainstream media attribute it to quality control. the Long March 5B mission is flawless from any professional aspect. It successully sent the payload into prescribed orbit. and shoddy Indian media call this a failure? I wonder to what extent are your folks being brainwashed?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
hehe. you just deleted my post. I don't see any problem with this. I don't see any mainstream media attribute it to quality control. the Long March 5B mission is flawless from any professional aspect. It successully sent the payload into prescribed orbit. and shoddy Indian media call this a failure? I wonder to what extent are your folks brainwashed?
Didn't you just call @Mikesingh's post as fake news and shoddy media ? It was about the same thing - Chinese rocket went out of control and dropped debris.

Rest of your post is a strawman argument

no smoking

Country flag
It was about the same thing - Chinese rocket went out of control and dropped debris.
You say the same thing about most of rockets in the world, including India's: except the reusable rockets which can re-land under the control, all the rockets will fly out of control and dropped debris after they finish the job.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles