Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Russia does not like to be too dependent on China. So Russia will do whatever it takes to remain strong in EU gas market. But it is it's own enemy right now for Germany cannot keep on defending it especially if things gets too hot in Ukraine.

As to future Ukrainian security, Russia's power over it is only set to diminish with time.
There is Power of Siberia 2 ( Bigger than Nordstream 2 )coming, and the deal will be signed probably when Putin visits Beijing for the Olympics..
Also , Russian gas is much cheaper than LNG, and german industry will slowly lose its competitive ness, the more it depends on LNG Imports.
US sanctions are useless against Chinese state owned energy behemoths.. as Shown by China with ample Iranian oil imports.. That Iran is being very tough in its negotiations with US, is because of the economic lifeline that China provides, as keeping Iranian and Russian military resistance to US going, takes the heat away from China..
Also, in case of a major war between China and America, a naval blockade will be imposed on China by US Navy, and resource rich Russia, can provide much of the resources that China imports by sea.. Russia-China is a match made in heaven.. And will create a lot of problems for the American empire..

Akim

Professional
Country flag
:facepalm:

It may be a repost, but enough to jog your memories back to the decent criticism about Americans as well. Its just not Russia as you might think the western world would want you to see. As much as you may ignore it, and I bet this is old, but this lecture is very basic logic to the whole situation going foobar, and facts as describe in this lecture are hardcore facts. Forget Minsk, Ukraine had its fate sealed way earlier.

The question is why Russian had to annex or invade? What was the driving force. I go back again and again to this decent piece, pretty logical.

I stopped watching at 7 minutes when he said "there is a civil war going on in Ukraine". I understand his level of knowledge.
And to you, and to everyone who is trying to whitewash Putin, I once again advise you to look at our parliamentary elections. Until 2014, more than half of the pro-Russian Parliament. Now - less than 1/6. The population of the country knows who the enemy is.

scatterStorm

Country flag
There is Power of Siberia 2 ( Bigger than Nordstream 2 )coming, and the deal will be signed probably when Putin visits Beijing for the Olympics..
Also , Russian gas is much cheaper than LNG, and german industry will slowly lose its competitive ness, the more it depends on LNG Imports.
US sanctions are useless against Chinese state owned energy behemoths.. as Shown by China with ample Iranian oil imports.. That Iran is being very tough in its negotiations with US, is because of the economic lifeline that China provides, as keeping Iranian and Russian military resistance to US going, takes the heat away from China..
Also, in case of a major war between China and America, a naval blockade will be imposed on China by US Navy, and resource rich Russia, can provide much of the resources that China imports by sea.. Russia-China is a match made in heaven.. And will create a lot of problems for the American empire..
Interesting, but two swords can't share the same sheath. Yes, in the times of geopolitical pressure and non-peacetime situations, they can try to add cogwheels to the supply chain off the logistics of resources, but that's just a macro perspective. If you think a bit further, Russian and the Chinese have very old rivalries, dating back to middle ages. So its not that easy. If the global perspective shifts to painting them as aggressors, then economically they will be cutoff by the imposed sanctions for a long time.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I advise you to compare China's trade with the United States and with Russia.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I stopped watching at 7 minutes when he said "there is a civil war going on in Ukraine". I understand his level of knowledge.
And to you, and to everyone who is trying to whitewash Putin, I once again advise you to look at our parliamentary elections. Until 2014, more than half of the pro-Russian Parliament. Now - less than 1/6. The population of the country knows who the enemy is.
That's why you lack the patience to understand your countries situation because you can't absorb cold facts. That video is old, like I said, but now it becoming hell lot of sense. Since you didn't had the courage to watch the full lecture, you wouldn't be writing hastily.

Nobody is whitewashing Putin, if you would've seen the whole lecture, you would understand what would be motives of Putin. Since you pulled off too soon, let me write it here so that others also have a decent argument to put through.

Causes of conflicts: Conventional wisdom -- Case 1

1643310085120.png

Causes of conflicts: Conventional wisdom -- Case 2

1643310159808.png

NATO expansionism is based off 21st century leadership of west and Eastern Europe, neglecting balance of power politics being dead, In contrast, putin is a 19th century man in 21st century leadership where nuclear brinkmanship can be seen in fact to this day! (Why have you this nuclear capable hypersonic missiles like zircon, or globe trotting stealthy chiby nuclear torpedos)

1643310638789.png

Establishing the status quo ante

1643310847183.png

Meaning, make Ukraine buy more time until the economy catches up.

(Again, some points can be disagreed upon)

I don't need your advice, however I would entertain a good debacle, emotions can mislead a person, so I am alright of what you have to say, but I would rather take my chances and question a lot of this debacle. And as much as you can hate or deny it, Putin has a genuine strategic interest as well (at-least can try to understand his psyche), and he will make sure that Ukraine if even falls to NATO would be a rubble or failed state.

Same situation can be put forth for us Indians, where Chinese wants to unilaterally make the status quo ante, would we allow it, hell no, but are going towards a buffer zone, unfortunately... it could be.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Interesting, but two swords can't share the same sheath. Yes, in the times of geopolitical pressure and non-peacetime situations, they can try to add cogwheels to the supply chain off the logistics of resources, but that's just a macro perspective. If you think a bit further, Russian and the Chinese have very old rivalries, dating back to middle ages. So its not that easy. If the global perspective shifts to painting them as aggressors, then economically they will be cutoff by the imposed sanctions for a long time.
China cannot be cut off economically from its near abroad. Even US imports from China has only increased after Trump imposed tariffs on 250 billion of goods..
France and UK had rivalries for centuries, but they get along fine now.. Expansion of Chinese influence in the pacific, can only come at America's expense. Same holds true, in Europe.. Any expansion of Russian influence will be at America's expense.. So for the forceable future Russia and China will be defacto allies.., as both will be up against America and its allies..

Akim

Professional
Country flag
That's why you lack the patience to understand your countries situation because you can't absorb cold facts. That video is old, like I said, but now it becoming hell lot of sense. Since you didn't had the courage to watch the full lecture, you wouldn't be writing hastily.

Nobody is whitewashing Putin, if you would've seen the whole lecture, you would understand what would be motives of Putin. Since you pulled off too soon, let me write it here so that others also have a decent argument to put through.

Causes of conflicts: Conventional wisdom -- Case 1

View attachment 134284

Causes of conflicts: Conventional wisdom -- Case 2

View attachment 134285

NATO expansionism is based off 21st century leadership of west and Eastern Europe, neglecting balance of power politics being dead, In contrast, putin is a 19th century man in 21st century leadership where nuclear brinkmanship can be seen in fact to this day! (Why have you this nuclear capable hypersonic missiles like zircon, or globe trotting stealthy chiby nuclear torpedos)

View attachment 134286

Establishing the status quo ante

View attachment 134287

Meaning, make Ukraine buy more time until the economy catches up.

(Again, some points can be disagreed upon)

I don't need your advice, however I would entertain a good debacle, emotions can mislead a person, so I am alright of what you have to say, but I would rather take my chances and question a lot of this debacle. And as much as you can hate or deny it, Putin has a genuine strategic interest as well (at-least can try to understand his psyche), and he will make sure that Ukraine if even falls to NATO would be a rubble or failed state.

Same situation can be put forth for us Indians, where Chinese wants to unilaterally make the status quo ante, would we allow it, hell no, but are going towards a buffer zone, unfortunately... it could be.
NATO expansionism. Funny. It is expanding not for the threats of Russia, but because small countries are fleeing from the threat from Russia. Unfortunately, you do not know Russian, so incl. subtitles. They "capture" something every day.

scatterStorm

Country flag
China cannot be cut off economically from its near abroad. Even US imports from China has only increased after Trump imposed tariffs on 250 billion of goods..
France and UK had rivalries for centuries, but they get along fine now.. Expansion of Chinese influence in the pacific, can only come at America's expense. Same holds true, in Europe.. Any expansion of Russian influence will be at America's expense.. So for the forceable future Russia and China will be defacto allies.., as both will be up against America and its allies..
I'll ask a simple question to why do you see Americans and Russian having there disagreements with each other on lot of matters, but ready to fight with ISIS, while not with China as well?

It more likely that Against China, Russia while join up in the fight with Allied nations.

scatterStorm

Country flag
NATO expansionism. Funny. It is expanding not for the threats of Russia, but because small countries are fleeing from the threat from Russia. Unfortunately, you do not know Russian, so incl. subtitles. They "capture" something every day.
Let's do a quick fact check?
  1. Do the Russian's sending there Baltic fleet near the coast of California or NY? ❌
  2. Do the Russian's sending there Baltic fleet near Alaska? ❌
  3. Do the Russian's sending there Baltic fleet near UK? ❌
Alright, no biggie, then how about more facts,
  1. Does the NATO and West pushing its destroyers and frigates to Baltic Sea as regular maritime petrol ? ✅
  2. Does the NATO and West pushing its destroyers and frigates to Black Sea as regular maritime petrol? ✅
  3. Does the NATO and West pushing its destroyers, frigates and CBGs to Atlantic on regular maritime petrol? ✅
Takes no genius to understand who is the aggressor was all along, and why Russian have to take disruptive yet desperate measures such as annex Crimea and Donbas to again, as I formerly mentioned over this thread, and to what Chinese are also doing all along since the start of 2020s, "Consolidating there previous known territories and borders as per there claims". The West has moved from the 19th century era of "Balance of powers".

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Wonder what impact Russia's moves had on Poland's decision to personally attend the Opening Ceremonies at the Winter Olympics in China. Croatian leader saying Croat troops will be withdrawn from NATO if war with Russia. East returning to the East?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I'll ask a simple question to why do you see Americans and Russian having there disagreements with each other on lot of matters, but ready to fight with ISIS, while not with China as well?

It more likely that Against China, Russia while join up in the fight with Allied nations.
ISIS is small fry and a side show.. Both Russia/Assad and US/Kurd increased their influence in Syria by fighting ISIS..
When it comes to core Russian security interests, the US led west is fundamentally hostile to Russia, and Russian political stability at home., in ways that is not.. So, unless, there is a role reversal, Russia wont bandwagon on any anti China military Adventure..

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Poor @Akim country has lost significant mass of their country and their peace because of this american russian lunacy and members here are blaming Ukraine for everything it has to suffer lol
Ya'll Nibbiars this happen when ukranian are refusing to understand and use this power play to their advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles