asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What is Vladimir Putin asking for than....? Please elaborate.…

One of the major demand of Putin for his escalation in Ukraine is to stop NATO from augmenting its forces in NATO countries bordering or near Russia like Poland, etc. Instead, due to Putin's high handed approach to Ukraine and massive military build up, these smaller NATO members near Russia needs NATO reassurance and NATO is obliged to provide it in the form of bolstered NATO forces.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
One of the major demand of Putin for his escalation in Ukraine is to stop NATO from augmenting its forces in NATO countries bordering or near Russia like Poland, etc. Instead, due to Putin's high handed approach to Ukraine and massive military build up, these smaller NATO members near Russia needs NATO reassurance and NATO is obliged to provide it in the form of bolstered NATO forces.
Why does it look like in the end, this whole NATO, Ukraine, Russia Fiasco will end in a full scale war, looking by the updates, I don't know why it seems that way.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why does it look like in the end, this whole NATO, Ukraine, Russia Fiasco will end in a full scale war, looking by the updates, I don't know why it seems that way.
I think Russia will not engage in a full scale war. It does not have the means to hold on to Ukraine even if it can overrun Ukrainian regular forces. And NATO will ensure that Ukrainian forces will inflict a million cuts to Russian forces (that's what these Javelins, AT4s, Stingers are for), plus the economic fall-out will be severe.

Russia will try to do a localized take over of what is otherwise already rebel held areas in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea style. Here, weaker countries France and Germany will make sure that the West cannot mount a devastating unified response much like in 2014.

But even if Russia succeeds in dismembering more portions of Eastern Ukraine, it still lost the rest of Ukraine which the West will economically and militarily prop up moving forward in an effort to make it a prosperous democratic country enticing ordinary Russians of what they're missing.

What is interesting is how will Putin do his climb-down...

Super Flanker

Country flag
I think Russia will not engage in a full scale war. It does not have the means to hold on to Ukraine even if it can overrun Ukrainian regular forces. And NATO will ensure that Ukrainian forces will inflict a million cuts to Russian forces (that's what these Javelins, AT4s, Stingers are for), plus the economic fall-out will be severe.

Russia will try to do a localized take over of what is otherwise already rebel held areas in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea style. Here, weaker countries France and Germany will make sure that he West cannot mount a devastating unified response much like in 2014.

What is interesting is how will Putin do his climb-down...
Putin ,my man, What have you done son?
Putin-Ukraine-meme.jpg

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If the CIA was able to turn medieval Mujahadeens into an effective insurgency force that inflicted million cuts on Soviet Union with Stinger and small arms, intelligence and training, just think what the current NATO forces plus battle hardened and patriotic Ukrainian forces can do in counter insurgency to Russian forces?

Covfefe

Country flag
If the CIA was able to turn medieval Mujahadeens into an effective insurgency force that inflicted million cuts on Soviet Union with Stinger and small arms, intelligence and training, just think what the current NATO forces plus battle hardened and patriotic Ukrainian forces can do in counter insurgency to Russian forces?
Then CIA shouldn't have a problem with a few score mobile launched nuke tipped hypersonics in Cuba

Covfefe

Country flag
Guys there are some News that Germany has left NATO and now wants to join Alliance with Russia, is it true that Germany has left NATO?
Fake news, bruh never take someone with a username Bitcoin Ambassador too seriously (irony that the guy commenting uses Covfefe). Germany had denied airspace to carry lethal aid(weapons and ammunition) for Ukraine- it doesn't want a war there that the genocidal maniacs in the US are so hell bent on. If Germany were to leave NATO, there'll be better sources of news informing just that

Super Flanker

Country flag
Fake news, bruh never take someone with a username Bitcoin Ambassador too seriously (irony that the guy commenting uses Covfefe). Germany had denied airspace to carry lethal aid(weapons and ammunition) for Ukraine- it doesn't want a war there that the genocidal maniacs in the US are so hell bent on. If Germany were to leave NATO, there'll be better sources of news informing just that
I thought he was a credible source but I guess it's fake news and nothing else.

The Shrike

Country flag
Russia-Ukraine crisis: Inside Ukraine's top secret tank base
Pretty standard news clip, but I found interesting because this is probably the first time I'm hearing the "jet" powered T-80 tanks.

Super Flanker

Country flag
As part of security assistance, #UnitedStates handed over #Javelin anti-tank missiles to #Ukraine

Now Ukraine have (official information and my calculations based on photos and videos):

37+10+30 = 77 launchers
210+150+180+92+156 or 300 = 798 - 932 missiles

JBH22

As part of security assistance, #UnitedStates handed over #Javelin anti-tank missiles to #Ukraine

Now Ukraine have (official information and my calculations based on photos and videos):

37+10+30 = 77 launchers
210+150+180+92+156 or 300 = 798 - 932 missiles
With 932 missiles assuming kill probability 100%,
that is potential KIA 2,796 Russian tankers.
From videos, it seems not all tank forced mobilised are upgraded, I can see only T 72B variants.
Coupled with Manpads available Ukraine can do some nasty damage to Russians. It also seems Russians are not fancy about this war.
Can Putin provide them a war with little to no deaths. I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles