Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Still it was in Some way or the other Combat Experience for our Airforce. We learned a lot about tactics which were employed by PAF Against IAF that day. We learnt about the shortcomings by each Airforce as well and Improved on it. We learned many things and did get combat Experience Atleast in some way, well maybe the Definition maybe Different According to you I guess.
The Indian Air Force learned the tactics of the Pakistani Air Force, but we talked about a possible Russian invasion. Most Russian soldiers have no combat experience, when 2-3 neighboring tanks are burning nearby, this greatly undermines morale. Their aviation did not know opposition in the air. Therefore, I do not predict an easy victory. And Putin knows it too. Russian generals are not stupid.
Therefore, this time the war is unlikely. Although, Putin can feel like a rat in the corner, then he attacks.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
6. India has actual combat experience against a professional military (1947, 1962, 1965, 1971, 1984-86, 1999, 2019). Ukraine has no experience fighting against a superior professional military.
Still it was in Some way or the other Combat Experience for our Airforce. We learned a lot about tactics which were employed by PAF Against IAF that day. We learnt about the shortcomings by each Airforce as well and Improved on it. We learned many things and did get combat Experience Atleast in some way, well maybe the Definition maybe Different According to you I guess.
The nature of war changes with generational improvement of technology. War fought in 1971 was phenomenally different than the one fought in 1999.
Similarly war fought today will be phenomenally different than the one fought in 1999.
Only in books and online article combat experience plays key role.
What matters how well has the technology been assimilated by your forces and how well your forces have been trained on it for. How well have you formulated your plans and strategies based on that technologies.
e.g. Air war and anti-air operations were mostly based on guns (cannons) during 1971. Most combat was WVR.
In 1999 if either of air-forces engaged then their would have been limited BVR while majority of combat will be using WVR missiles.
Today's Air war and anti-air operations will exclusively be BVR and will totally be network-centric. Only WVR combat during emergency and exception.
Similarly Air-to-ground weaponry in 1971 was made of cannons and dumb bombs. 1999 saw advent of LGB and other PGM. Today's Air-to-ground weaponry is completely made of stand of ranged PGM.

The point I am making is combat experience of previous generation weaponry doesn't count much when their is generational improvement in weaponry and war fighting apparatus.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Kaliningrad itself would be under threat no, since its already encircled?
Also I have my doubts on the offensive capabilities of Russians against significant American forces, the Russians today neither have overwhelming quantities like during late Cold-war era and their quality which (was always behind) has only increased - most of their armour is still made up of T-72s, a lot of them are not even upgraded I understand.
Russia is already present in strength in Belarus. The logistical lines in the baltics, are vulnerable, especially once Russia closes the suwalki gap.. Most of Russian T-72 tanks are of B3M standard with 2A46M5 main gun with autoloader capable of firing snivets APFSDS.. NATO has nothing close to the sheer volume of artillery and rocket fire that will rain on the baltics. The baltics will be gone before NATO deploys in strength..

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Combat experience is determined by the present generation. The past can only be remembered and proud.
I don't remember a major war between Pakistan and India in 2019.
Most of our officer core has fought in Siachen, Kargil and constant firefights along LoC and insurgencies in J&K.

New officers regardless of their MoS are deputed to Rashtriya Rifles units for actual battle experience.

Our Ranks have even greater combat experience leading to some excellent NCOs who form the backbone of our units.

By contrast most Ukranian units have no combat experience and will fold when Russians with experience in Syria, Chechnya, Africa and other hell zones start a combined arms offensive.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The Indian Air Force learned the tactics of the Pakistani Air Force, but we talked about a possible Russian invasion. Most Russian soldiers have no combat experience, when 2-3 neighboring tanks are burning nearby, this greatly undermines morale. Their aviation did not know opposition in the air. Therefore, I do not predict an easy victory. And Putin knows it too. Russian generals are not stupid.
Therefore, this time the war is unlikely. Although, Putin can feel like a rat in the corner, then he attacks.
Logically speaking Russians have material superiority, unless NATO attacks which again due to Article 5 they won't, they will control the skies.

Russians are also experimenting with top slat Armor and have started deploying Afghanit / Arena APS on their tanks which neutralizes the effect top attack ATGMs like Javelin have.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
US finalizing plans to divert gas to Europe if Russia cuts off supply

Officials working with global suppliers to avoid European gas crisis if flow from Russia is cut as Biden says he would consider personal sanctions against Putin

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Russia like its predecessor is not a beckon of transparency.
It is a know fact that countries like Russia, PRC, etc.are known to under-represent facts that they believe is counter-productive to their propaganda.
Wow I was never aware that Russia used to hide Casualties, I thought Russia was truthful in Accepting it's Losses but I guess Russia is in the same club as CCP in terms of Hiding Casualties. There are claims that Russia underreports it's Covid casualties as well. Wow I am surprised with this.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Logically speaking Russians have material superiority, unless NATO attacks which again due to Article 5 they won't, they will control the skies.

Russians are also experimenting with top slat Armor and have started deploying Afghanit / Arena APS on their tanks which neutralizes the effect top attack ATGMs like Javelin have.
There were news that Russian S-400 Convoys were heading towards the Ukraine Border as well. Also they are deploying SU-35 Flankers to, also BTGs ar being deployed by Russia.

Super Flanker

Country flag

If in a theoretical scenario , Ukraine and Russia do go to war than what are the assets which Russia will allocate to fight Ukraine? In terms of Aircrafts, Missile systems, tanks etc? Any Idea? Also in this scenario NATO will not be Involved Militarily.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
NATO Allies send more ships, jets to enhance deterrence and defence in eastern Europe

Biden Weighs Deploying Thousands of Troops to Eastern Europe and Baltics

Putin is getting the opposite of what he's asking for...

Super Flanker

Country flag
Really? So are Ukrainians having any form of Combat Experience themselves? If so please elaborate here kindly?

Super Flanker

Country flag
They are fighting a massive insurgency in donbass .its more like a mini war than an insurgency
If so than Even Russia has combat Experience fighting, for example look up the Chechen-Russia war which was an armed conflict in Chechnya and the border regions of the North Caucasus between the Russian Federation and the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, fought from the year August 1999 to the yearApril 2009. And some other conflicts as well.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
If so than Even Russia has combat Experience fighting insurgencies, for example look up the Chechen-Russia war which was an armed conflict in Chechnya and the border regions of the North Caucasus between the Russian Federation and the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, fought from the year August 1999 to the yearApril 2009. And some other conflicts as well.
If fighting massive insurgency is not combat experience then no country has that experience for the last 10 years by that logic

Super Flanker

Country flag
If fighting massive insurgency is not combat experience then no country has that experience for the last 10 years by that logic
Dude I didn't say its not combat Experience I said that yes Ukrainians have Combat Experience by Fighting insurgencies in Donbass than also Russia has experience because they too have fought such insurgencies in the past.

Super Flanker

Country flag

They have Javelin though because recently US had shipped Javelin Missiles, also UK is shipping anti Tank Weopons to Ukraine as well. So my question here is : What type of Anti Tank Weopons do the Ukrainians have?

Super Flanker

Country flag
NATO Allies send more ships, jets to enhance deterrence and defence in eastern Europe

Biden Weighs Deploying Thousands of Troops to Eastern Europe and Baltics

Putin is getting the opposite of what he's asking for...
What is Vladimir Putin asking for than....? Please elaborate.…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles