Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

karn

Country flag
Can you imagine, Japan is not in NATO, but there are American bases there.
The problem is not with NATO. He wants us not to be sold Western weapons and in 10 years we will have neither aviation nor air defense.
The west has long lost its monopoly on weapons .. buy it from anywhere the Russians will not be able to do anything.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
NATO is only in Europe. The Japanese have a sweet deal with the Americans to defend them while not having to reciprocate..and this is enabled by the enormous benefit that Japan has on the the US economy.
Japan has an entire sea between them and Russia proper.
Japan was always a hostile power to Russia .
My point is do not trust the Americans
.. if you can benefit them economically you are fine. if not you are cannon fodder .
Yeah. Russians are straight up cute. Throughout their history, the Russians fought with someone. This is an aggressive nation.

JBH22

Yes .. thank you musharraf . Without his retarded attack on us we would not have been prepared for the PLA.
But your analogy makes no sense in this context since their entire terrain is flat and very difficult to defend. If the urals moved to Donbas the Russians would park an ungodly amount of artillery there and call it a day.
I referred to his analogy of what is use of 25 year old experience.

karn

Country flag
Yeah. Russians are straight up cute. Throughout their history, the Russians fought with someone. This is an aggressive nation.
What do mean their history .. for most of their expansionist Era you were there right along side them . I mean if you wish to claim your heritage from the polish Lithuanian commonwealth go ahead .. but first hand over Lviv to the Poles if you wish to reject Russian aggression.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
NATO is only in Europe. The Japanese have a sweet deal with the Americans to defend them while not having to reciprocate..and this is enabled by the enormous benefit that Japan has on the the US economy.
Japan has an entire sea between them and Russia proper.
Japan was always a hostile power to Russia .
My point is do not trust the Americans
.. if you can benefit them economically you are fine. if not you are cannon fodder .
Mate, it's @Akim 's country's security at stake, be considerate of the situation when giving opinions, just like we don't like foreigner's giving gyan during a tense situation regarding our own country.

karn

Country flag
Mate, it's @Akim 's country's security at stake, be considerate of the situation when giving opinions, just like we don't like foreigner's giving gyan during a tense situation regarding our own country.
I'm totally considerate of his position I have a soft spot for all the peoples of the former USSR .
But the relations between peoples are totally different from the relations between nations .. nations are self interested and paranoid while dealing with each other .
His country has been given plenty of gyan and chooran by the EU and Americans.
An ideal situation for his country would be to play off the EU off against Russia . By siding with the west they lost their leverage with both the west and Russia. I'm just being realistic here.
My consideration and sweet words are not going to help him one bit.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I'm totally considerate of his position I have a soft spot for all the peoples of the former USSR .
But the relations between peoples are totally different from the relations between nations .. nations are self interested and paranoid while dealing with each other .
His country has been given plenty of gyan and chooran by the EU and Americans.
An ideal situation for his country would be to play off the EU off against Russia . By siding with the west they lost their leverage with both the west and Russia. I'm just being realistic here.
My consideration and sweet words are not going to help him one bit.
you are communicating with a citizen not the head of state of ukraine.

Bill Watterson

Country flag
The Ukrainians have put themselves in a real mess. They've entered into a strategic relationship with the US, UK, and some European countries. What they needed was a Russian security blanket after the Orange Revolution attempt by the US in 2004, then enter closer to the EU economic system after directly negotiating with Germany and France. The US wouldn't allow it, and the US should have been ignored for some short term economic loss, now the Ukrainians will have a senseless war fought on their homeland setting themselves backward for decades.

blackjack

Country flag
apparently spoke with Russia defense net users and they say that troops are more than 60kms away from border, in other words their MRLS systems will start blowing up Ukrainian ones so the need for EW systems like Rtut-bm wont be needed.

1642974197378.png

I am sure that once the MRLS systems are destroyed these will be next usage and their area of destruction seems pretty big.

Calculate Area on Map, Google Maps Area Calculator (calcmaps.com)

1642975530926.png

Chose a random place in ukraine so thats roughly the area of destruction, other sources say 60,000 square meters of effective destruction The Russian TOS-2 was able to burn the terrain with the enemy with an area of 60 thousand square meters. (avia.pro)

closer zoom in

1642976504493.png

Bill Watterson

Country flag
Wait a minute. Ukraine and Russia have a shared history, religion and root language. Khrushchev and Brezhnev were Ukrainian. The commonality is similar to Canada and northern US states. If anyone has a history of getting into wars, it would be the US.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Incomprehensive post.
Hope peace prevails an invasion wouldn't be good for anyone.

Ukraine may suffer but Russia is going to have to pay a lot if they do this invasion.

They will suffer some losses for sure with their population stagnating they aren't in the times like ww2 where they could just spam people on the battlefield.

Aggression will be just making them into a pariah and now NATO that is almost dead will come back from its grave more powerful and all the Russian weapons deals those who are dreaming of buying can say bye-bye.

Americans will be more strict with CAATSA post-invasion.

Maybe Good for indigenous products.

Now Russia and Chinese aggression will increase in Indo-pacific not good for anyone.

Moderation Notes: Post edited to improve its comprehension. Next such post will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphacentury

Country flag
Is there any news coming about Ukrainian deployment in the east. If they were considering invasion imminent, then their response would have been in equal proportions. So far we have seen nothing of that scale, but more PR stuff of asking aid, photo ops of female soldiers etc. Also, the question arises, how much actual control does the current Ukraine govt have over east? Couple days ago Zelensky said Kharkiv will fall first, then later withdrew his statement. thats a big statement having no confidence in your own people while an army is at your border. In 2014, we saw mass defection of troops as well as public support. Does zelensky fears the same again and hence no meaningful deployment. what are the no of ppl from east still serving ukrainian army. But other thing to also consider is appetite for war among public having seen the ruins of their nearby cities like donestk. All meaningful questions. But putting military matters aside, sadly the country seems to be divided and divorce doesn't seem too far ahead.

Jimih

Country flag
Is there any news coming about Ukrainian deployment in the east. If they were considering invasion imminent, then their response would have been in equal proportions. So far we have seen nothing of that scale, but more PR stuff of asking aid, photo ops of female soldiers etc. Also, the question arises, how much actual control does the current Ukraine govt have over east? Couple days ago Zelensky said Kharkiv will fall first, then later withdrew his statement. thats a big statement having no confidence in your own people while an army is at your border. In 2014, we saw mass defection of troops as well as public support. Does zelensky fears the same again and hence no meaningful deployment. what are the no of ppl from east still serving ukrainian army. But other thing to also consider is appetite for war among public having seen the ruins of their nearby cities like donestk. All meaningful questions. But putting military matters aside, sadly the country seems to be divided and divorce doesn't seem too far ahead.
Donbass will fall and will be annexed with the will of the people there, as simple as that.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Wait a minute. Ukraine and Russia have a shared history, religion and root language. Khrushchev and Brezhnev were Ukrainian. The commonality is similar to Canada and northern US states. If anyone has a history of getting into wars, it would be the US.
I did not claim that the Ukrainians are "white and fluffy." They fought no less than the Russians.
The history of all mankind is the history of wars.
expansion difference. The Russians stop where they are rebuffed.
Therefore, Putin's words "Russia ends nowhere" and the annexation of Crimea do not appeal to us.
Khrushchev was not Ukrainian. Brezhnev was. Stalin was Georgian. The Bolsheviks had their own selection and the nation and religion are not important there. There were many Jews in their first wave.

Flash12

Country flag
Who is this guy? Sounds like democrat/ liberal. I am not following this issue but I don't think Russians are going for a dance party at borders. His confidence of Russia not attacking Ukraine is amusing. I would really love to revisit this tweet after few days/ months maybe.
Yes, lets remember this post after 2-3 monthes and we will know what was really amusing.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A good rundown of the current geopolitics in the (probable) Russki Ukraine war.

Watch if you want an updated overview-

I'm surprised by Germany's outright insolence.
Did NOT expect that.

What do you guys think is the reason?
For now the assumption is germany's energy imports from russia seems to be a major underlying cause.
Merkel's decision to go non-nuclear energy production is forcing them to depend more on coal and natural gas for energy.
========

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 1.56.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 1.56.09 PM.png

Factbox: How much does Germany need Russian gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles