Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

backburner

Country flag
I shared my thoughts. These are not the plans of the General Staff.
The Crimean bridge should not be destroyed for ideological reasons. This is a supply artery for Russian troops in the Crimea, and its collapse will block the passage of the Black Sea Fleet to the Sea of Azov.
As for guarding the bridge, I highly doubt it will help. To hit one Ukrainian armored boat, they had to use an attack helicopter. But against 40 boats that carry 1-2 tons of explosives, they cannot cope.
To achieve success with minimal losses, Russia will be able only with a treacherous attack.
you should check google maps........in crimea especially sevastopol the russians have placed several su-30, su-34 and su-24 squadrons........they will hit you with airstrikes.....the helis will be used as air support during the armoured assault........your 204th aviation brigade and 25th transport brigade are possibly going to be your first victims....especially the 25 th since most your il-76 are placed their...........russians have several su-34s with anti ship misslie kh-35 u integrated in them last year...your boats & ships will be facing su-34s not helicopters

Last edited:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
The Crimean bridge should not be destroyed for ideological reasons. This is a supply artery for Russian troops in the Crimea, and its collapse will block the passage of the Black Sea Fleet to the Sea of Azov.
As for guarding the bridge, I highly doubt it will help. To hit one Ukrainian armored boat, they had to use an attack helicopter. But against 40 boats that carry 1-2 tons of explosives, they cannot cope.
To achieve success with minimal losses, Russia will be able only with a treacherous attack.
Any Ukranian attack on the Bridge would destroy only small sections of the bridge. Russia would already have many components ready / prefabricated.. So, within a few weeks, the Bridge would be restored again.. And by that time, all Ukranian offensive capability around crimea would have vanished, as russia would have occupied much of Eastern Ukraine bordering Crimea..

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Any Ukranian attack on the Bridge would destroy only small sections of the bridge. Russia would already have many components ready / prefabricated.. So, within a few weeks, the Bridge would be restored again.. And by that time, all Ukranian offensive capability around crimea would have vanished, as russia would have occupied much of Eastern Ukraine bordering Crimea..
Let them try.
I did not say that the destruction of the bridge is a victory. A question of price. If Putin is willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of his soldiers, then of course he can take over Ukraine. I said that there would be no easy hike.
Of course, much still depends on our president. We now have a schmuck in this position. If he is decisive, then we will beat him back. But I highly doubt his determination.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Ukraine is a big country in terms of population by European standards. If Russia, conquers a large part of Ukraine, there might be millions of refugees into Europe, that Syrian migration crisis moght seem to be a picnic.. Also, large scale migration will throw small eastern european societies lff balance, and destabilize the EU itself.
There is an ocean between Europe and the Americas. Trouble for traitorous murderous poison dealing parasitic Catholic PIIGS nations (Portugual, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) and the EU? Did they steal from you? Did they attack you? hundreds of years of stealing and killing in the New World, Africa, India, China....They attacked all of you. Yet things just got better and better for them. Guess they attacked somebody else this time.

pipebomb

Country flag
Only US boots on the ground in Ukraine can prevent a Russian military action, nothing else. A Russian military campaign in Ukraine will significantly degrade already shrinking US credibility not only in Europe but also in asia. I don't know what sort of force US can deploy in Ukraine on short notice, but it has to be done if Ukrainian lives are to be saved.

pipebomb

Country flag
Only US boots on the ground in Ukraine can prevent a Russian military action, nothing else. A Russian military campaign in Ukraine will significantly degrade already shrinking US credibility not only in Europe but also in asia. I don't know what sort of force US can deploy in Ukraine on short notice, but it has to be done if Ukrainian lives are to be saved.
If us can't intervene military now how else would you justify a 700bn dollar annual defence budget.

arkos

Country flag
I only see Russians invading and securing whole of Donbas. I don't see them going any further.

pipebomb

Country flag
I wonder if US can impose cost somewhere else, like taking out assad and his political and military heads in an air & sof led blitzkrieg

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I only see Russians invading and securing whole of Donbas. I don't see them going any further.
Break through the layered defense - I doubt it very much. Russian generals are not fools, they will look for weaknesses in the beginning. And this is definitely not the Donbass.

pipebomb

Country flag
I wonder if US can impose cost somewhere else, like taking out assad and his political and military heads in an air & sof led blitzkrieg
Us could send its sof advisers and integrate them with Ukrainian forces and if they came under Russian fire then all the gain Russia made in Syria after 2015 will turn into a viable target for US without risking a full blown nuclear exchange.

But that will need a little irrationality, like trump was when he took out sulemani.

Flash12

Country flag
Ukraine is not an American ally or vice versa. One needs to get this misconception clear. Currently Ukraine and America have allied interest. Ukraine wants to protect its sovereignty from Russia and America wants to stop Russian expansion or at-least pin it down to start battle of attrition.

One can never predict anything once fog of war sets in. Military plans are generally the second casualty one conflict erupts.
Ally from Cambridge Dictionary:
A country that has agreed to give help and support to another, esp. during a war, or a person who helps and supports someone else.
Doesn't fit? Okay, let's call them vassal and overlord.

Flash12

Country flag
The Crimean bridge belongs to the strategic facilities of the first category - on a par with nuclear power plants or the command post of the Strategic Missile Forces. And is protected accordingly.

Flash12

Country flag
Maria Zakharova (Spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation)

Victoria Nuland(USA, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs): “Being a Russian citizen, I would like to see investments in the education system, medicine, road construction rather than injecting money to create a crisis and send the military there in the snow.”

"Victoria, stay a US citizen and think the same, only in relation to your country - there are too many problems.

The quality of American education is eloquently spoken of by the absurd and erroneous statements of the White House representatives.

The US healthcare system during the pandemic has clearly demonstrated its level both to the population of the country and to the whole world.

And if you are so worried about the roads, then it is best to start with New York - there are no such potholes as in Manhattan, perhaps, in no other major city in the world.

You can find the money to solve the above American problems in the right amount if, for example, you reduce the American bases in Europe, which surround Russia in a dense ring both in the “cold winter” and “hot summer”, or stop allocating billions for color revolutions around the world. peace and the maintenance of impostors like Guaido or Tikhanovskaya.
Don't know what to grab? Philadelphia Badlands or Camden - your choice. Good luck 💝"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles