Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Nikolaev deputy arrested for saying: "Nikolaev is ready to welcome the Russian tanks"

February 3, 2015

Translated from Russian by Kristina Rus
SBU detained the deputy of Nikolaev Regional Council for "anti-Ukrainian statements"

The Security Service of Ukraine detained the Deputy of the Nikolaev Regional Council Nikolay Mashkin for "anti-Ukrainian statements," said the adviser to the head of Security Service of Ukraine, Markiyan Lubkivsky.

"I wish to inform you that in the framework of the fight against separatism and anti-constitutional and anti-state activities, Security Service of Ukraine detained the citizen of Ukraine Nikolay Mashkin, born in 1960, a member of the Nikolaev Regional Council," - wrote Lubkivsky on his page in Facebook.

"The reason for the detention of Mashkin was his anti-Ukrainian statements in anti-Ukrainian media, in particular on the "readiness of Nikolaev to solemnly welcome the Russian tanks". There are plenty of videos and publications with Mashkin, I am not going to advertise it," - added Lubkivsky.

SBU has considered the statements of the deputy as facilitating the militia and anti-Ukrainian propaganda. It is reported that on Tuesday Mashkin will be charged.

Earlier on Monday, the SBU announced the closure of Kiev information center of the Russian fund of Gorchakov, acting on the basis of the Institute of International Relations of the National Aviation University of Ukraine, for "anti-state propaganda".

On January 30, SBU detained journalists from LifeNews. The detention was explained by the fact that the journalists knew something about a bomb threat.

Later, Lubkivsky announced his intention to expel the LifeNews reporters from the country.

On January 23, the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) reported that they already expelled 88 Russian journalists.
European standards of Freedom of Speech at work. Ok to print Muhammed's cartoons, but not okay to welcome Russian tanks.

pmaitra

Bessarabian rebels take Ukrainian patrol hostage and burn call-up papers in the village square

Map:

February 3, 2015

Originally written on February 1, 2015 by Sergey Ilchenko for Svpressa.ru

Translated by Kristina Rus
Events in the Reni district of Odessa region are characteristic of the "fourth wave" of mobilization in the South of Ukraine. An old fishing village of Limanskoe rebelled. Hundreds of residents have captured an armed group of military representatives and publicly burned all the call up papers in the village square.

Reni - is the extreme South-Western point of the country. Located on the left Bank of the Danube, the district borders with Romania and Moldova. Once there was a major port and rail junction, agriculture and fishing farms flourished. Now only "independent" ashes remain from the local economy. People earn a living by poaching and smuggling across the Danube arm. Such business forms bold and decisive characters. Every other household has a weapon, and old people tell legends about heroic robberies of Grigory Kotovsky.

Limanskoe - is a former Romanian village Frikarsei. Most locals are Moldovan, Gagauz and Russian. They are openly hostile to the Ukrainian junta and completely refuse to go to war. The mood is typical, however there is one characteristic. The called up men could easily cross the border and hide in the swamps of the Danube. But decided to stay home and throw out the Ukrainian military.

Military Commissar of the district Igor Skrypnik knew very well about the attitude of the civilian population of the county towards mobilization. So before a trip to Limanskoe to issue mobilization orders he had requested armed security. So a group of Commisar employees was reinforced with Odessa punisher-nazguardians.

That produced the opposite result: when people in camouflage with guns appeared in the village, this caused an outburst of spontaneous protest," - said acting chairman of the State Administration Sergey Barimov. - About two hundred inhabitants of Limanskoe surrounded the representatives of the military and the guard armed with machine guns. I immediately informed the governor Igor Palitsa of the unfolding emergency in Limanskoe. Reported, because I know the mentality of this village: the incident could have ended tragically!

The head of the district is right - the commissar's reps and the nazguardians were disarmed, the crowd was seriously going to deal with them. At the same time the fishermen of Limanskoe put up their checkpoints around the village. Across lake Cagul brigades from neighboring villages were rushing on motor boats. The Romanian towns Lukavitsa and Isakcha on the right bank got on high alert.

For negotiations with the rebels immediately arrived the deputy chairman of Reni administration, Ivan Stadnikov. The respected leader was able to persuade his countrymen to release the "prisoners", without inflicting injuries.

Finally the residents lined the military representatives on the square, placed the bag with call up papers nearby, doused it with gasoline and defiantly set it on fire. Moreover, forced the military to stare at the fire, until the papers burnt to ashes.

What happened to the confiscated machine guns is unknown.

This was reported by the acting head of the district administration S. Barymov. He argues that the Odessa regional administration does yet intend to pursue a punitive operation in the rebellious village. Power sweep of the Danube rebels may trigger an explosion of people's anger around the Bessarabian region.

"When the incident was over, I was called by the head of the Ministry of Interior of Ukraine in the Odessa region and assured that the head of the Reni district police department, dispatching armed guards, made a mistake and will be punished", - shrugged the official.

That is, people were reassured by the promises that the cops are to blame for everything, and the commissar patrol will not show up in Limanskoe ever again.

Kristina Rus:

Looking at the map above, you can see that the Reni district is completely cut off from the rest of Odessa region (and Ukraine) and is surrounded by Romania from North and West, and the lake in South-East. Perhaps georgraphy contributed to their bold hostility. It appears that no one from the Odessa region wants to deal with them at this point. Perhaps hoping that its isolation will not infect other districts. Do we have a Reni Republic in the works? I can bet this is what local men talk about at night. For now, looks like we have a "Limanskoye Republic" for sure. Surrounded by it's own checkpoints. And triumphantly left to their own devices by the masters of Odessa region.

This is yet another argument for those analysts who think that more fragmentation of Ukraine is yet to come.

pmaitra

Ukrainian volunteer forced to walk out from a mobilization meeting in Zaporozhye region to locals cheering (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndZvBuYOxmg

February 3, 2015

Translated from Ukrainian by Kristina Rus

"We can not sleep at night, we worry. What have our life come to? We just want the sun to shine, and we don't want war! You want to take our strength, our men! The monks in Ukrainian monasteries pray for Ukraine day and night. For what? There is no road back from there"

"We are for peace!"

"Who are you fighting against, volunteers? We see on TV - four kids lost a house! We cannot turn the TV on! Who do you fight against - children? How is it for those poor people? If not for you, Crimea would still be ours!"

"Why didn't you save the kiborgs?"

"What kind of a job is this, sending people to slaughter?

Volunteer: "Dear citizens, I did not come here to listen to you, and I am not going to sit here and listen to all of your complaints, like a school boy!"

The crowd erupts, the volunteer walks out.

"Separatist!" - people shout

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@pmaitra Don't ask me stupid questions! I so much nonsense from you here reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Which question of mine is stupid, and why? Would you please care to explain?
On the picket (which the Russian press calls the storm). It is beneficial to notice the rallies against the government. Even if it is only a few dozen people, but she does not notice thousands rally in memory of the dead.

sgarg

Who cares about ownership if editorial values are this high. Writer of the article is Russian professor or economics.
You can always find dissenters or induce dissenters. This is war against Russia. West uses every tool and trick in its arsenal (including inducement to Russian citizens).
A "Russian Professor" does not mean a truthful person.

bhramos

Country flag
Posted by "Russian Spring". "The deputy commander of the Ministry of Defense Corps DNR Edward Basurin said at a briefing that the February 3rd Army DNI hit by two Ukrainian Su-25." Today at 14:25 air defense units of the armed forces were shot down DNR 2 Su-25 who carried out the bombing in the northern and north-eastern outskirts of the positions Debaltseve militia "- said Edward Basurin. The first plane crashed 1 km southwest of the village Komissarovka in territory controlled by the militias. The second - in the region of south-western outskirts Chernukhin where now the enemy is trying to counter our position. According Basurina one pilot managed to eject, now military DNR continue his quest. Also today militia managed to shoot down one drone APU. "

[video]<iframe src="http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=129809936&id=170882285&hash=d306cfb3cf21317a" width="607" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/video]

bhramos

Country flag
"How interesting, and say punishers APU not hide behind civilians. But is not that school? And not the courtyards of houses?"

pmaitra

On the picket (which the Russian press calls the storm). It is beneficial to notice the rallies against the government. Even if it is only a few dozen people, but she does not notice thousands rally in memory of the dead.
Ah! So, how is this different from what I have noticed from your side?

I have seen you post pictures of dressed up models in Kramatorsk waving the Ukrop Flags and singing songs, while I have posted videos of elderly women in Kramatorsk asking the draft recruiters to go away.

I suppose that even it out between us, doesn't it?

bhramos

Country flag
"militiamen shot down a missile Tochka-U at Lugansk. rocket explosion was so strong that the residents of Alchevsk think that the representatives of the militia shot down a military plane. The air system militia hit by a Ukrainian missile Tochka-U on the outskirts of Luhansk. Part ballistic missile fell near Alchevsk Metallurgical Plant. The nose of the Tochka-U flew away and detonated. Earlier it was reported that the night before the Army Air Defense DNR was hit enemy aircraft over settlement Horlovks. It does not specify what kind of technique militia shot down and whether the downed plane and liquidation At the point-the same fact. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles