Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Civilians in Eastern Ukraine killed by terrorists from Kiev

[GRAPHIC]

Gift from the European Union to the people of Eastern Ukraine.

bhramos

Country flag
In the suburbs Sloviansk not cease, all day fights. Blown bridge over the Seversky Donets. The battle in this area can mean not only punitive attempt to cross the river and escape to Seversk, but also a possible counterattack antifascist resistance behind enemy lines under Mykolaivka.

bhramos

Country flag
Yesterday, July 4, the day in Donetsk on the street near the overpass Artemovskaya located behind the train station, 2 militants in camouflage with a submachine gun and a pistol shot outfit GAI, which was on duty in the area. Three police officers were killed on the spot - one in serious condition was rushed to hospital.
+18

Last edited by a moderator:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
"Russian-Ukrainian war"? Then where are the Russian troops on the map?
It's a hybrid war. If you think that this is a civil war, I'm not going to convince zombie idiots. WGEwald correctly compared this war with Spain. Then, Italy and Germany, too, was not formally involved in the war. I will not participate in the discussions. I am not interested. I will show map fighting.

pmaitra

It's a hybrid war. If you think that this is a civil war, I'm not going to convince zombie idiots. WGEwald correctly compared this war with Spain. Then, Italy and Germany, too, was not formally involved in the war. I will not participate in the discussions. I am not interested. I will show map fighting.
You call someone an idiot.
Then he calls you something.
Then you call him something.

It goes on and on.

We do not allow name-calling. Please avoid it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is a hybrid war?

Cadian

You mean Сivil war in Spain 1936-1939? Ukrainian propaganda hasn't yet renamed it to Soviet-German hybrid war?

In Russian civil war 1917-1921 there were even foreign military interventions - American, Japanese, British, French, Czech, Polish... But we still call it civil war, right?

In fact rebels are now loosing just because Russia is not helping them enough while Ukrainian has army abandoned all moral restrictions to achieve victory.

If Kiev will win, then tens of thousands YOUR citizens will die and millions will flee.

pmaitra

Comprehension issues
Considering students in Ukraine, generally, buy their Degrees and Diplomas, rather than earn them, it is doubtful that those who protested at Maidan were actually aware of what they are protesting for, and I am not joking. Most seemed unable to distinguish a deep and comprehensive free trade agreement (the association deal), from an offer for EU membership which is another matter entirely. Many of the protestors (especially the students) were under a misconceived fantasy that they would suddenly be allowed to emigrate to or at least travel freely to the more prosperous West. This is not the case and was never on the cards. In fact, the only country that appears to be opening its borders to Ukrainians fleeing the current Civil War is Russia - the EU frontier remains slammed shut.

Contrast Ukraine's decay with Russia's resurgence. Since the arrival of President Putin for his first term in 1999, and through the Medvedev years, and into Putin's 'second coming' Russian GNI per capita has increased more than tenfold, from $1,272 to $13,711 and Russia's share of Europe's GNI has jumped from 1.9% to 9.8%. (Source - Kushnirs, for the record)

Meanwhile, in the first 21 years of Ukrainian independence (1991-2012, their GNI fell from 10.1% of the Eastern European total to 5.3% and real incomes have been static or even declined. The situation is certainly even worse now, post-Maidan. With this in mind, is it any wonder that Crimeans are so overjoyed to have been re-united with Russia and that a large percentage of the citizenry of South Eastern Ukraine envy them and would also wish to join the Russian Federation?
Read in full: Ukraine, the country no one cared about

[HR][/HR]

Take home point: No country does anything for charity. Every country is looking for its own interest. Ditto with EU. I am glad, and proud, that most Indians put India first, and have a general distrust of the west. We are poor, but we are independent, sovereign, and decide our own future.

EXPERT

@pmaitra - you are following the civil war with full dedication. .
Cool

Last edited by a moderator:

EXPERT

Thanks. I am also interested in the broader picture - the role of foreign interference, quest for control of resources, and disregard for human life.
Thanks to you for your work and valuable info's. .

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Rebels are attacking the Donetsk airport, again.

Ополченцы начали штурм аэропорта в Донецке

Government artillery positions near Slavyansk.

Крыса из нержавеющей стали - Артиллерия АТО под Славянском

Ukrainian btln Aydar in Lugansk region.

Денис Мокрушин - Бдят

According to colonelcassad, Strelkov published a statement say that they are surrounded, and massive use of government artillery and armor is making defense of Slavyansk nearly impossible. He states that they will probably fall before June 12th.

Colonel Cassad - Итоги боев 3 июля

Battle damage in Nikolaevka. Unconfirmed reports of heavy fighting there, with rebel forces in Nikolaevka being surrounded.

Artillery fire damage in the village of Veseliy, near Kramatorsk.

jerry24_it: Краматорск, 02.07.2014

Photos of government troops.

President Poroshenko restated his conditions for a second cease-fire: joint border control with OSCE observers present, and release of all hostages (POW).

Новости NEWSru.com :: Порошенко повторил условия для нового перемирия, пока армия продолжает наступать

The government plans permanent checkpoint on the border with Donbass and Lugansk.

ivanoctober: Победа в АТО говорите...ну ну

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles