Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Why does UK PM not believe invasion is imminent? To me, it looks like it is planned to the last detail, too meticulous to be a bluff. Stuff like building up blood bank supplies near borders isnt going to happen if its just an empty threat.

sorcerer

Country flag
Ukrainian rebel region residents can join Russian military

Russia has granted passports to more than 500,000 people in the territories. Vodolatsky said the recruits would serve in Russia — but that leaves open the option that they could join any future invasion force.

Russia is following all the contours of pressure points against Ukraine.
This is going to be messy...real messy.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Ukrainian rebel region residents can join Russian military

Russia has granted passports to more than 500,000 people in the territories. Vodolatsky said the recruits would serve in Russia — but that leaves open the option that they could join any future invasion force.

Russia is following all the contours of pressure points against Ukraine.
This is going to be messy...real messy.
Of course they can. These formations are subordinate to the Kremlin. Just like the troops in Tiraspol.

The Shrike

Country flag
Yes, actually West is painting him that way coz he is currently not towing their line.
One thing to keep in mind is that the best interests of a head of state may not always align with the best interests of the state, especially true in a country like Ukraine where the deep-state and state itself is quite weak. On one hand Zelensky is right in saying the "panic" is not helping the economy, since an invasion nay not happen eventually. On the other hand trying to play down actual military preparation could have devastating consequences. IMO difficult to say what game he's actually playing (since his own seat is not really secure).

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Zelensky is right. Information panic hurts the economy. During this week, the hryvnia fell from 27 to 29 per dollar. She began to roll back, but after a significant emission
But he is also "good." It is necessary to show that the army is preparing for defense so that the population does not worry.

The Shrike

Country flag
This guy is the founder of Crowd strike cybersecurity company (of Russia gate fame). Ukraine origin IIRC but living safely in the US - stoking panic.

scatterStorm

Country flag
We are not going to implement the Minsk agreements in the Russian interpretation.
And further. If I wanted to argue with the Russians, then I don't need an Indian site. We won't convince each other.
Then move to a Russian forum please. Thank You.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Then move to a Russian forum please. Thank You.
Therefore, I say that I see no reason to argue with him, nor answer his questions. Russians understand only the language of force. Apparently they missed the coffins.
Experts have calculated that the Russian army will lose 10 thousand per day.
Shooting instruction with RPV-16.

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag
Therefore, I say that I see no reason to argue with him, nor answer his questions. Russians understand only the language of force. Apparently they missed the coffins.
Experts have calculated that the Russian army will lose 10 thousand per day.
Shooting instruction with RPV-16.
Your are being surrounded by 3 sides. For at least a week or so, the troops will be constantly hit from Naval Assets and Short to Mid Range BMs along with Smerch systems. Ukrainian soldiers can't hold the ground till there port city is bombarded and made to rubble with just Manpads alone.

Besides Russian won't bring there IGLA's with them? Belarus president has confirmed that war is imminent. Russian are waiting to take time as per there foreign secretary of state. But when the snow melts, its boom time.

sorcerer

Country flag
NATO chief says no plans to send combat troops to Ukraine if Russia invades
LONDON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - NATO has no plans to deploy combat troops to non-NATO member Ukraine in the event of a Russian invasion, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Sunday.

Biden understands

scatterStorm

Country flag
NATO chief says no plans to send combat troops to Ukraine if Russia invades
LONDON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - NATO has no plans to deploy combat troops to non-NATO member Ukraine in the event of a Russian invasion, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Sunday.

Biden understands
Sleepy Joe will not send troops to Ukraine, because why fight a war which isn't there's to begin with. Which gives solid weight to the reasoning to why they want NATO there.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Your are being surrounded by 3 sides. For at least a week or so, the troops will be constantly hit from Naval Assets and Short to Mid Range BMs along with Smerch systems. Ukrainian soldiers can't hold the ground till there port city is bombarded and made to rubble with just Manpads alone.

Besides Russian won't bring there IGLA's with them? Belarus president has confirmed that war is imminent. Russian are waiting to take time as per there foreign secretary of state. But when the snow melts, its boom time.
I already said that you can't see anything from the couch. It's just your blind faith. The more destruction in the cities, the stronger the resistance of the people.
In India, fortunately, there were no such destructive wars. Europe has already passed.
Bombing those with powerful air defense is not so easy.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I already said that you can't see anything from the couch. It's just your blind faith. The more destruction in the cities, the stronger the resistance of the people.
In India, fortunately, there were no such destructive wars. Europe has already passed.
Bombing those with powerful air defense is not so easy.
Which air defense are we talking about? You mean to say Patriot? Are you suggesting a patriot battery in Germany would take down hundreds of supersonic cruise missiles on Kiev? Yes that's pretty palpable indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles