Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash12

Country flag
Are you good at analyzing? I have never been a supporter of the Maidan, but I know that this is Russian aggression and I will continue to defend my country.
And are you good at reading what you answer for? Why are you writing about Russian aggression if the text was about protests?

scatterStorm

Country flag
Sorry, what puppet you mean Russians once placed?
The Russian diplomats, (don't know exact names, watched a video about an years or two ago) but were rescued out of Ukraine in a dramatic incident. They were accused of accessing parliamentary powers to push Ukraine to come under Russian Alliance.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Another RAF aircraft has arrived in Kiev.
Possibly to evacuate British Diplomats and embassy personnel, as I heard, US and other countries asked to evacuate at the earliest. Or could be war supplies.

Flash12

Country flag
The Russian diplomats, (don't know exact names, watched a video about an years or two ago) but were rescued out of Ukraine in a dramatic incident. They were accused of accessing parliamentary powers to push Ukraine to come under Russian Alliance.
If someone from the pro-Maidan was accusing, then this does not mean anything. They lie constantly.
And what puppet you mean? Yanukovich?

Kumaoni

Not really, and Sam Manekshaw was confident that Indian Army could tackle an American landing force.. But without Soviet support, India would have been forced to stop the offensive before it reached its conclusive end.. The Chinks were any way bottled up due to the snow clad Himalayas in December..
Keep in mind. India had drowned US made submarines from Pakistan and absolutely mauled US made tanks in both 1965 and 1971. India isn’t some Iraq, with an unorganized military that the Imperialists could bully. I don’t even think America had the guts to actually keep sending their task force fleet. They would’ve retreated like they always did.

However, this is just speculation, the Soviets made this speculation a reality.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

scatterStorm

Country flag
Why transport when you can fly on a passenger?
Many reasons, but sure civilian plains can do as well, but in case of emergency, civilian planes become a problem.

Because military transport airplanes are build to use short runways to takeoff unlike civilian planes so if an emergency occurs, and much like what you saw in Afghanistan (video below) they can defend themselves against missile attacks as well (Chaff and Flairs) especially if your cargo is as precious as the Embassy folks.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
US is in full PR mode.
=========
Here's What Those 'Bunker-Defeat' Rockets The U.S. Sent To Ukraine Are Actually Capable Of

and the murican brown sepoy crowd is in "guilt trip the Indians" mode.
=========
SA is relative, not absolute.

But let me put this differently -- India says "US doesn't get to dictate India's foreign policy; we are free to choose our partners"

So, should Moscow get to dictate Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, etc's foreign policy & choose their partners?

Kumaoni

=========

But let me put this differently -- India says "US doesn't get to dictate India's foreign policy; we are free to choose our partners"

So, should Moscow get to dictate Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, etc's foreign policy & choose their partners?

What is this flawed logic? India isn’t instigating anyone by militarizing the sorrounding regions, breaking a promise (uhm America) like NATO is doing. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

The West literally funded and organized a revolution in 2014 to depose a Ukrainian-democratically elected president, why doesn’t he/she talk about that?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Many reasons, but sure civilian plains can do as well, but in case of emergency, civilian planes become a problem.

Because military transport airplanes are build to use short runways to takeoff unlike civilian planes so if an emergency occurs, and much like what you saw in Afghanistan (video below) they can defend themselves against missile attacks as well (Chaff and Flairs) especially if your cargo is as precious as the Embassy folks.

This is an emergency. All Ukrainian airports are working normally.

scatterStorm

Country flag
=========

She can have her wet dreams about SA. I guess once a libtard, always a libtard.

scatterStorm

Country flag
What is this flawed logic? India isn’t instigating anyone by militarizing the sorrounding regions, breaking a promise (uhm America) like NATO is doing. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

The West literally funded and organized a revolution in 2014 to depose a Ukrainian-democratically elected president, why doesn’t he/she talk about that?
Yeah right, people here cry about Minsk agreements, we also have been crying about Machoman Line and Simla Agreements, did we get our territory, No!

Agreements are bilateral and not unilateral as of what either NATO does or Chinese does or even Russians do.

Flash12

Country flag
Not sure, might be.
Yanukovych was not a pro-Russian puppet. He and his party did the most to sign the European Association and visa-free travel with Europe. He did this in order to get more votes in the next election. It was kind of a fetish.

At first, no one thought what losses in the economy the signing of the Euro-Association would threaten. The text of the agreement was not even translated into Ukrainian or Russian for a long time. In the end, they calculated and saw what losses and costs it would cost. And Yanukovych decided to postpone and demand big money from Europe for compensation and transfer to European standards.

And then everything came together: the Europeans decided that it would be better not to pay money, but to replace Yanukovych with a more loyal one. The people thought that they were being deprived of their cherished dream - joining the EU (although the European Association did not intend to join the EU). And the Ukrainian oligarchs decided to get rid of Yanukovych, as he prevented them from doing business, and rowed everything for their own interests and those around them.

So the Maidan happened, where many interests coincided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles