civil administration exercise with defence in metro city

arya

Country flag
Guys want to know have you ever see any home work exercise for civil administration for war . how will they react ?? People of all metro city dont know how to react what they should do or donot ??

Is our civil administrator of metro city know how to handle , our people special new generation dont know what they should do or not to do ??

In metro city i never saw any exercise of civil administrator with defence

arya

Country flag
Have you ever see any coordination of civil administration with defence in any metro cities .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
There are well defined protocols which are triggered in the case of war.

1) Police patrols are increased.
2) price control measures are invoked, to stop black market.
3) if emergency staff are falling short, government employees are requisitioned just like election duty.
4) ration shops get more importance during this period.
5) depending on the situation, sec 144 is invoked during the day.
6) there used to be constant public broadcasts thru speakers tied to vans or police jeeps.

Ares closer to border might have slightly different rules.

Basically it is all taken care of. These sort of emergency measures were last seen in 2002.

I hope next time such an event happens in India, TV news channels are banned during that period. TV news are gonna get people killed because of their sensationalism.

arya

Country flag
There are well defined protocols which are triggered in the case of war.

1) Police patrols are increased.
2) price control measures are invoked, to stop black market.
3) if emergency staff are falling short, government employees are requisitioned just like election duty.
4) ration shops get more importance during this period.
5) depending on the situation, sec 144 is invoked during the day.
6) there used to be constant public broadcasts thru speakers tied to vans or police jeeps.

Ares closer to border might have slightly different rules.

Basically it is all taken care of. These sort of emergency measures were last seen in 2002.

I hope next time such an event happens in India, TV news channels are banned during that period. TV news are gonna get people killed because of their sensationalism.

Everything is on book my question is did we do any exercise from 2002 to 2018 many many things are changes our new civil administrator dont know a,b,c how to work what to work .

At war you have stop TV Broadcast, Internet, etc but the main things do we tell this thing to our citizens .

today people can live without water but not without mobile phones . so how will and who will tell people this is your limit . you can do this or not .

Dont you think GOI should do this type of perpetration in metro cities . ?? I never saw request from army site also dont they need to educate citizens .

Its homework for all nation but no one is doing & taking it seriously & at last we will do reactive work but we should be proactive .

Why no media house no think tank raising this question ???

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Everything is on book my question is did we do any exercise from 2002 to 2018 many many things are changes our new civil administrator dont know a,b,c how to work what to work .

At war you have stop TV Broadcast, Internet, etc but the main things do we tell this thing to our citizens .

today people can live without water but not without mobile phones . so how will and who will tell people this is your limit . you can do this or not .

Dont you think GOI should do this type of perpetration in metro cities . ?? I never saw request from army site also dont they need to educate citizens .

Its homework for all nation but no one is doing & taking it seriously & at last we will do reactive work but we should be proactive .

Why no media house no think tank raising this question ???
I didn’t say internet, my point was limited to private TV news broadcasts.

These things are mostly at city, district and state level. There are usually training conducted on these things. Control goes directly to IAS and IPS officers.

Think tanks have no role to play here, government officers have more experience in these matters.

Every year during natural calamities and political unrest, similar protocols are activated. So there are enough practice runs at smaller scales.

arya

Country flag
I didn’t say internet, my point was limited to private TV news broadcasts.

These things are mostly at city, district and state level. There are usually training conducted on these things. Control goes directly to IAS and IPS officers.

Think tanks have no role to play here, government officers have more experience in these matters.

Every year during natural calamities and political unrest, similar protocols are activated. So there are enough practice runs at smaller scales.

Sir Tv News is old now social media is rocking news come fist on net then on TV . My main quires is about defence officer & civil administrator should do some exercise in metro cities.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sir Tv News is old now social media is rocking news come fist on net then on TV . My main quires is about defence officer & civil administrator should do some exercise in metro cities.
Within city limits, it would be CRPF or other central police forces. Defence officers have very little involvement. States themselves have enough reserve police battalions to handle such things.

But if it is a war zone like in Kargil, villages and towns close to action are vacated and handed over to army or other defence forces. People are moved to safer areas away from war zone. This part too keeps happening every year when ever paki start shelling border villages.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Is our civil administrator of metro city know how to handle , our people special new generation dont know what they should do or not to do ??
I believe the details of how every gear in the government machinery will turn in the event of a war are mentioned in the "Union War Book" which is a classified document. Only very few (<10) people in this country have access to the complete book. Other government officials in key positions receive select parts of the book in the form of a directive which tells them exactly what to do. Last time, the Union War Book was revised by UPA-II government.

Edit: A more likely scenario, that will also test the ability of our civil and defence forces in crisis management in a metro city, is a massive earthquake hitting NCR. Most buildings will be damaged, many will collapse, the situation would lead to a resource crisis that would be similar to a resource crisis arising out of a conventional WW-2 style bombardment of the entire NCR. Not sure I have seen an exercise that can quite manage a crisis like that. The closest thing we have had are evacuations from cyclones on eastern coast. And those were evacuations, where adequate early warning was available. In a war or earthquake scenario, there would be no early warning. It would strike out of the blue and the administration will be left to deal with the horrific aftermath.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
The title of the thread is fascinating and someone was talking yesterday about yantras:

and linking it to the roads we have:

why are they painted black and white ... and other colours (yellow and black) - visibility? beautification? safety ... see what else is on the roads (including lights, reflectors, white markings, etc, etc) and our fatality measurements are only increasing.

the common observance is near compulsory and mandatory but on what reasons and grounds? perhaps it is time to be defensive and offensive perhaps it is time for the righteous to understand what is happening and going on. This includes the almighty the holy land of ours is it being done on good intentions. either way the discovery of the mistreatment of the wisdom and knowledge and the strength centres of goddesses is what is on alert now and it will take the almighty to shake up the region and the world. what a feeling to know the righteous discover the same and equip themselves to be on the right side!!

arya

Country flag
I believe the details of how every gear in the government machinery will turn in the event of a war are mentioned in the "Union War Book" which is a classified document. Only very few (<10) people in this country have access to the complete book. Other government officials in key positions receive select parts of the book in the form of a directive which tells them exactly what to do. Last time, the Union War Book was revised by UPA-II government.

Edit: A more likely scenario, that will also test the ability of our civil and defence forces in crisis management in a metro city, is a massive earthquake hitting NCR. Most buildings will be damaged, many will collapse, the situation would lead to a resource crisis that would be similar to a resource crisis arising out of a conventional WW-2 style bombardment of the entire NCR. Not sure I have seen an exercise that can quite manage a crisis like that. The closest thing we have had are evacuations from cyclones on eastern coast. And those were evacuations, where adequate early warning was available. In a war or earthquake scenario, there would be no early warning. It would strike out of the blue and the administration will be left to deal with the horrific aftermath.

Thanks for accepting even till now i didnot saw any homework between civil administrator & Defence . this only show our lazy attitude we never do our homework .

Well in my view in metro cities this types of work should take place at least once in year to educate people & system .

Practice make prefect / But who care we dont have time for this .....

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Thanks for accepting even till now i didnot saw any homework between civil administrator & Defence . this only show our lazy attitude we never do our homework .

Well in my view in metro cities this types of work should take place at least once in year to educate people & system .

Practice make prefect / But who care we dont have time for this .....
Don’t worry about these things, system more or less works.

I remember plague epidemic in 90’s and Mumbai floods in 2006, things are not that bad.

When required, system gears itself for giving relief to citizens.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles