CIA plot implicated me in spy case: Ex-ISRO scientist Nambi Narayanan says in autobiography

cyclops

Country flag
CIA plot implicated me in spy case: Ex-ISRO scientist Nambi Narayanan says in autobiograp
In an excerpt of the book named 'Ormakalude Bhramanapatham' (Orbit of memories) published on IEMalayalam.com on Wednesday, Narayanan paints the spy case as a conspiracy against him and the ISRO through the collective efforts of agents of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in connivance with Indian police and intelligence officers.
  • Written By Vishnu Varma |
  • Updated: October 26, 2017 3:35 Am
NEXT
Nambi Narayanan was once accused of selling vital secrets related to Indian space technology. (File)

Nambi Narayanan, a former scientist of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has come out with a tell-all autobiography in which he talks about his years at the space agency and especially the difficult time he underwent when he was falsely implicated in the infamous 1994 spy case. Narayanan, who was accused of selling vital secrets associated with Indian space technology in 1994, was later acquitted by a CBI court and the Supreme Court in 1998. He spent a total of 50 days in jail along with fellow scientist D Sasikumar and four others.

In an excerpt of the book named ‘Ormakalude Bhramanapatham’ (Orbit of memories) published on IEMalayalam.com on Wednesday, Narayanan paints the spy case as a conspiracy against him and the ISRO through the collective efforts of agents of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in connivance with Indian police and intelligence officers. The case was produced out of thin air in order to stall India’s rapid advancements in the development of an indigenous cryogenic rocket engine, he alleges in the book.

Nambi Narayanan at ISRO’s programme.
“My investigation showed that the spy case was the illegitimate child of the US-French agencies with the intention of burying me and the ISRO in the cemetery,” Narayanan writes.

“The spy case saw a Maldivian woman being framed as a spy to carry secrets that never existed by police officials, politicians and journalists who knowingly or unknowingly fell for the plot of the CIA.”

In June this year, former chief minister and CPM veteran VS Achuthanandan had released a book written by Siby Mathews, who headed the investigation into the ISRO spy case. In Narayanan’s excerpt, he talks about his meeting with Mathews after he was acquitted in the case.

“He (Mathews) told me that he was unknowingly pushed into the case by then-DGP Madhusudanan. He told me he did not intentionally try to trouble me,” wrote Narayanan in the book.

Narayanan has sought re-investigation into the spy case to uncover the people behind it.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...4-spy-case-in-tell-all-autobiography-4906323/

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
At that time what ISRO doing, was everything in public domain. Technological data were never classified as top secret.

India is full of Jaichands, we have pushed back our cryogenic rocket development for 15 years.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
ISRO spy case: How espionage mixed with vested interests ruined a scientist's career and halted India's space project
Oh wow.
I did not know that the IB had reared such snakes, or that both the French and Americans tried to sabotage the development of CE-7.5 engine.
Here is a quote:-
After the whole spy angle came into play, the scientist's questioning was taken over by the Intelligence Bureau. Narayanan, in his autobiography, has alleged that the IB's real target was the ISRO. He claims that the Indian intelligence officers were acting in connivance with the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

"My investigation showed that the spy case was the illegitimate child of the US-French agencies with the intention of burying me and the ISRO in the cemetery," The Indian Express quoted from his book.

He claims that at the time the US was dead against India developing an indigenous rocket launch technology as it would have harmed its commercial interests in space research. The US not only denied India the technological know-how but also pressured Glavkosmos, an official space affairs entity of the former Soviet Union, to abandon the deal relating to the exchange of technology. The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) led by the US contended that the cryogenic engines could be used by used by India to power its military. However, as a report in The Wire points out, that a cryogenic engine was especially unequipped to deal with military situations as it takes days to fuel the engine whereas military equipment usually needs to be ready to use on short notice.
The report stated that had the deal gone through in the 1980s, it would have cost India only Rs 230 crore.

However, after the technology was denied, a group of scientists led by Narayanan started working to perfect an indigenous cryogenic engine when the CIA moved in sabotaged the project.
"Actually their target was ISRO and they succeeded in preventing the country from developing the cryogenic engine," Narayanan, who was Project Director of Cryogenic Engine when he was implicated in the case, said.
"If ISRO had achieved cryogenic engine technology, the organisation would by now have been in a position to return to government billions of dollars," he said referring to the commercial aspect of the technology. The main objective of those behind the case was clear and it was to 'demoralise' Indian scientists, he pointed out.
And now we plan to orbit close to the US of A. Wonder when some people in our country will grow a backbone and a conscience...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A few weeks ago, @NambiNOfficial and I had the honour of calling on PM @narendramodi. We spoke on the upcoming film #Rocketrythefilm and were touched and honored by PM's reaction to the clips and concern for Nambi ji & the wrong done to him. Thank you for the privilege sir.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Central government moves SC on case of victimisation of space scientist Nambi Narayan after a report of the commission probing the matter has been submitted to the Court.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
A few weeks ago, @NambiNOfficial and I had the honour of calling on PM @narendramodi. We spoke on the upcoming film #Rocketrythefilm and were touched and honored by PM's reaction to the clips and concern for Nambi ji & the wrong done to him. Thank you for the privilege sir.

In this which one is Narendra Modiji..😁

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
CIA plot implicated me in spy case: Ex-ISRO scientist Nambi Narayanan says in autobiograp
In an excerpt of the book named 'Ormakalude Bhramanapatham' (Orbit of memories) published on IEMalayalam.com on Wednesday, Narayanan paints the spy case as a conspiracy against him and the ISRO through the collective efforts of agents of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in connivance with Indian police and intelligence officers.

• Written By Vishnu Varma |
  • Updated: October 26, 2017 3:35 Am
NEXT
Nambi Narayanan was once accused of selling vital secrets related to Indian space technology. (File)

Nambi Narayanan, a former scientist of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has come out with a tell-all autobiography in which he talks about his years at the space agency and especially the difficult time he underwent when he was falsely implicated in the infamous 1994 spy case. Narayanan, who was accused of selling vital secrets associated with Indian space technology in 1994, was later acquitted by a CBI court and the Supreme Court in 1998. He spent a total of 50 days in jail along with fellow scientist D Sasikumar and four others.

In an excerpt of the book named ‘Ormakalude Bhramanapatham’ (Orbit of memories) published on IEMalayalam.com on Wednesday, Narayanan paints the spy case as a conspiracy against him and the ISRO through the collective efforts of agents of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in connivance with Indian police and intelligence officers. The case was produced out of thin air in order to stall India’s rapid advancements in the development of an indigenous cryogenic rocket engine, he alleges in the book.

Nambi Narayanan at ISRO’s programme.
“My investigation showed that the spy case was the illegitimate child of the US-French agencies with the intention of burying me and the ISRO in the cemetery,” Narayanan writes.

“The spy case saw a Maldivian woman being framed as a spy to carry secrets that never existed by police officials, politicians and journalists who knowingly or unknowingly fell for the plot of the CIA.”

In June this year, former chief minister and CPM veteran VS Achuthanandan had released a book written by Siby Mathews, who headed the investigation into the ISRO spy case. In Narayanan’s excerpt, he talks about his meeting with Mathews after he was acquitted in the case.

“He (Mathews) told me that he was unknowingly pushed into the case by then-DGP Madhusudanan. He told me he did not intentionally try to trouble me,” wrote Narayanan in the book.

Narayanan has sought re-investigation into the spy case to uncover the people behind it.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...4-spy-case-in-tell-all-autobiography-4906323/

We are very sorry for that sir. Modi sir tried to compensate that by Giving Nambi Sir Padma Vibhushan. Modi sir listen to him very attentively in his meeting with Nambi.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles