CIA head says Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
CIA head says Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

WASHINGTON (AP) — CIA Director Leon Panetta says former Vice President Dick Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to terrorism almost suggests "he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point."

Panetta told The New Yorker for an article in its June 22 issue that Cheney "smells some blood in the water" on the issue of national security.

Cheney has said in several interviews that he thinks Obama is making the U.S. less safe. He has been critical of Obama for ordering the closure of the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, halting enhanced interrogations of suspected terrorists and reversing other Bush administration initiatives he says helped to prevent attacks on the U.S.

Last month the former vice president offered a withering critique of Obama's policies and a defense of the Bush administration on the same day that Obama made a major speech about national security.

Panetta said of Cheney's remarks: "It's almost, a little bit, gallows politics. When you read behind it, it's almost as if he's wishing that this country would be attacked again, in order to make his point. I think that's dangerous politics."

Asked if he agreed with Panetta, Vice President Joe Biden told NBC's "Meet the Press" that he wouldn't question the motive behind Cheney's criticism.

"I think Dick Cheney's judgment about how to secure America is faulty," Biden said. "I think our judgment is correct."

The Associated Press: CIA head says Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
many Americans feel the same way.
If u mean republician ..yes

Obama is just going in the opposite direction to the policies done by Bush Adm .. Bush Adm have indeed damaged American image world wide .. If u think Obama is doing everything without the approval in Congress , then its completely untrue .. Majority of democrats and even some republicians agree with many things which Obama is doing .

Country flag
He has not made good policy moves in the economy or in foreign relations, as far as improving America's image goes it maybe beyond repair and he is wasting his time kicking a dead horse when USA is in 2 different wars;while the main issues of the economy and trade imbalances are completely ignored, it is still early in his administration but he has already ran up the deficit and economy shows no signs of improvement.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
He has not made good policy moves in the economy or in foreign relations, as far as improving America's image goes it maybe beyond repair and he is wasting his time kicking a dead horse when USA is at war in 2 different wars;while the main issues of the economy and trade imbalances are completely ignored, it is still early in his administration but he has already ran up the deficit and economy shows no signs of improvement.
American economy and foreign relations are spoiled before Obama came and Obama cant do magic in a very short time , he needs time for all this it be foriegn affairs or economy .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles