Christopher Tappin: David Cameron has let me down over US extradition

pmaitra

Christopher Tappin: David Cameron has let me down over US extradition

11:45AM GMT 24 Feb 2012 | Telegraph UK

Christopher Tappin, who is accused of conspiring to sell components for missiles to Iran, has lost a two-year battle against extradition.

He will meet marshals at Heathrow police station from where he will be taken to the US and could face 35 years in jail if convicted.

Speaking outside a police station this morning, he said: "I look to Mr Cameron to look after my rights and he has failed to do so.

"I have no rights. Abu Qatada is walking the streets of London today and we cannot extradite him. He has more rights than I have.

"If I was a terrorist I would not be going to America. I think it's a shame, a disgrace.

"The Conservative government, while in opposition, promised to reform the law and they failed to do so and they've let me down, they've let you down, they've let the whole country down."

See video at source: Video: Christopher Tappin: David Cameron has let me down over US extradition - Telegraph

panduranghari

I think they have a good system going. If UK human rights law does not allow prosecution, they call up the oval office and get things organised.

weg

Christopher Tappin is guilty as charged and he is going to get what he deserves - jail sentence.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles