Christmas Eve and New Year Festive Promotions and Announcements

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Any festival brings a new spirit and enthusiasm in people any where in the world and is celebrated by exchanging gifts and announcing their love to the near and dear. In the same vein, DFI would also like to take the opportunity of Christmas Eve and New Year to bring a festive atmosphere on the forum and celebrate this occasion with some good news to the members.

In the recent times we have discussed among the staff of the need to rejuvenate the members and make them feel at home and be part of the DFI family. As part of this, we have decided to promote many of the esteemed DFI members for their quality contributions to the forum and enriching the learning experience of all the members alike as you all bring diverse opinions, specific expertise and critical thinking onto the table. And such members need to be recognized and nurtured carefully so that they feel part of DFI and also DFI a part of them.

Here are the new promotions...

Star Member

Tshering22 is now promoted as a Star Member for his quality contribution throughout on diverse issue from social issue to military related stuff and also for bringing the point of view of North East sphere of India to the forum which we were sorely lacking. It was long due and we are happy to announce that Tshering22 is a star member henceforth. Congratulations!!! Tshering22. Keep up the good work.

Elite Members

We also have now created a new category called - Elite Members. Those members are promoted to this category who have continually contributed with both quality and quantity and are capable of becoming a Star material if they keep continuing with their quality contributions. A lot of members deserve this honor on this forum and many more will be promoted to this category by the staff based on their contribution. We are happy to announce that following members are being promoted to Elite Members category.

The Messiah
civfanatic
Johnee
Galaxy
Mayfair
brahmos
plugwater
trackwhack
ace009
Virendra
Vyom
sob
Bangalorean
Bhadra
amitkriit
Asianobserve
hit&run
Iamanidiot
utubekhiladi

Congratulations !!! to all of you.

In future, all star members will be chosen from the pool of members of this category. So staff will be constantly watching you.

All the changes in colors will take effect immediately.

Shout Box

We are happy to announce that Shout Box is now open again to the members for chilling out.

After fierce and continuous demands of many members to bring back Shout Box, the staff has decided to relent on this issue and bring back the Shout Box on the condition that members will refrain from defence related discussion and will only use it to chill out as we want members to discuss defense related things in the respective threads for the posterity sake. Staff will follow the discussion on SB for a while and if this condition is violated time and again then SB rights will be taken off. So it is all up to the members to protect their turf - Shout Box. :D

A Very Happy Christmas and a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

SpArK

SORCERER
Congo-relations fellaws .. what a gift from the team.. and special congo to Tshering.... :thumb:

Zebra

Country flag
Congratulations Tshering22 , The Messiah , civfanatic , Johnee , Galaxy , Mayfair , brahmos , plugwater , trackwhack , ace009 , Virendra , Vyom , sob , Bngalorean and Bhadra .

:thumb: :) :party:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Isn't it a nice thing to happen?

Others need not be disappointed.

We look forward to adding to the ranks of the various categories.

The race is on..........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Congratulations to all and Tshering in particular.
Indeed a good new initiative with the elite member group. There was a section which needed recognition apart from the default senior and respected member tag.

We hope the new year will take DFI to greater heights with the great membership it has.

Zebra

Country flag
Isn't it a nice thing to happen?

Others need not be disappointed.

We look forward to adding to the ranks of the various categories.

The race is on..........
The Various Categories like ......?

If you do not mind please guide something . I mean , names of different categories .

:hail:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Stars, elite, senior, respected is what is on right now.

Who knows more maybe in the offing.

I was thinking of something like 'Distinguished Member' being the top of the line.

Now, get started.

Throw in some wonderful posts that educates, watch the bean counter and hey presto........who knows?

Last edited:

plugwater

^^^ There should be a Hall of fame category especially for you, Ray sir.

SpArK

SORCERER
Stars, elite, senior, respected is what is on right now.

Who knows more maybe in the offing.

I was thinking of something like 'Distinguished Member' being the top of the line.

Now, get started.

Throw in some wonderful posts that educates, watch the bean counter and hey presto........who knows?
There arent enough colors left for new catagories.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thank you.

I am sure there will be members better qualified for the same than me.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My hope is that all with vigour contribute to this forum with posts that educate, illuminate, spread the seed of friendship across continents and is looked forward as a repertoire of knowledge and reference.

I find that many posters are highly educated and knowledgeable and they sure can help the forum to achieve these heights, as can other members too, so that this forum becomes a forum worth subscribing to.

We all have to concede that from an formative forum it has graduated to a quiet dignity with good posts and it is an achievement for which we ALL can take pride in our contribution!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is no bigger honor than to serve the armed forces and be called a military professional IMHO

pmaitra

Congratulations Tshering22 , The Messiah , civfanatic , Johnee , Galaxy , Mayfair , brahmos , plugwater , trackwhack , ace009 , Virendra , Vyom , sob , Bngalorean and Bhadra .

:thumb: :) :party:
Amazing Christmas gift. Good pick by the staff! Cheers!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Tshering deserves this for his useful contributions and very frank views. I do not know how much time he would have !
In my opinion Tshering22 wrote the single best post I have seen on DFI in the last quarter of 2011. Congratulations to all the Elite Members.

Last edited:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Congrats friends, you deserve your promotions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles