"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
- Oct 10, 2009
Good suggestions. Some from me :-My experiences with kids' bikes:
1) Better to buy a simple bike... as simple as possible (since the chances of bike getting damages because of enthusiastic kids is more). The bike must be so simple that it can be fixed by a street mechanic.
2) The bike should ideally NOT be imported. For example, if a bike is imported from Malaysia, the spare parts (for example side wheels) may NOT be available AND the bike shop will manage with spare parts from other brands. For reason 1 & 2, a made-in-india or Indian-brand bike could be preferred.
3) As usual, better to avoid made-in-china bikes
4) Decathlon bikes were NOT that great for me as well (strangely due to the same broken brake issue after the bike hit someone). Now taking the decathlon bike to decathlon is another issue since they don't provide pick-n--drop service
5) ideally the kid must visit the store and do a "test-ride" there to check comfort level, height adjustment, handle length/ reach, backbone position etc!
Since the kids i know are very enthusiastic and can't stop racing, I have following accessories:
1) Elbow-guard (which saved pain and unnecessary injuries on multiple occasions)
2) Knee-cap (which saved pain and unnecessary injuries on multiple occasions)
3) Helmet so far was NOT required
4) Shoes are recommended (if not shoes, ankle guard etc)
5) Gloves are also required (BUT i have not used and generally palms were NOT injured)
(The above list is for hyper-active kids )
Disclaimer: The kids i know are super-fast and they don't listen to adults AND the complete blame is NOT on Decathlon or made-in-malaysia bike.
Seems like they took off again to avoid engine burning, blast and damage. But it was obviously a mistake.
It was Human mistake. Both pilots were distracted and busy discussing chinese virus...
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Friday the 13th May 2011 - New Chit Chat Thread||Members Corner||2|
|F||WB: Rose Valley chit fund scam amount almost Rs 60,000 crore||Politics & Society||3|
|Respect clean chit to Modi, NCP says||Politics & Society||1|
|Barak Missile Bribery Clean Chit, Israel Expects $5 Billion in Defence||Defence & Strategy||2|