Chit Chat Thread

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
It's report on Feminism in Israel by RT, so pinch-of-salt may be added BUT I did NOT know this was like 'this' in Israel. I had a very "happy picture" of Israeli men and women in my mind! :crazy:

@Haldiram take cognizance bro.

A chauhan

Country flag
My experiences with kids' bikes:

1) Better to buy a simple bike... as simple as possible (since the chances of bike getting damages because of enthusiastic kids is more). The bike must be so simple that it can be fixed by a street mechanic.
2) The bike should ideally NOT be imported. For example, if a bike is imported from Malaysia, the spare parts (for example side wheels) may NOT be available AND the bike shop will manage with spare parts from other brands. For reason 1 & 2, a made-in-india or Indian-brand bike could be preferred.
3) As usual, better to avoid made-in-china bikes
4) Decathlon bikes were NOT that great for me as well (strangely due to the same broken brake issue after the bike hit someone). Now taking the decathlon bike to decathlon is another issue since they don't provide pick-n--drop service
5) ideally the kid must visit the store and do a "test-ride" there to check comfort level, height adjustment, handle length/ reach, backbone position etc!

Since the kids i know are very enthusiastic and can't stop racing, I have following accessories:
1) Elbow-guard (which saved pain and unnecessary injuries on multiple occasions)
2) Knee-cap (which saved pain and unnecessary injuries on multiple occasions)
3) Helmet so far was NOT required
4) Shoes are recommended (if not shoes, ankle guard etc)
5) Gloves are also required (BUT i have not used and generally palms were NOT injured)
(The above list is for hyper-active kids :) )

Disclaimer: The kids i know are super-fast and they don't listen to adults AND the complete blame is NOT on Decathlon or made-in-malaysia bike.
Good suggestions. Some from me :-

1. Purchase Alloy frame bicycle for being light weight and manageable.
2. Avoid gears, more features more problem.
3. Purchase mixed brake bike i.e. one tyre V brake, another one disc brake. So that in case of failure of one brake another might work fine.
4. Don't purchase Hero bike, since it has serious quality issues.
5. Customize it according to your needs since customizations are cheap and effective.
6. Get a good quality brand one.

Raleigh, Frog, Fittrip (Indian) are some of the good quality bicycle manufacturers. BTwin is also considered a good brand but I didn't like it. Take some so called high quality Indian manufacturers with a pinch of salt e.g. Montra and Firefox.

(Someone has rightly said that in each square mile there are thousand experts in India for any topic 😁)

Kumata

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag

Aegis888

Country flag
Purchased this bicycle today :-

Frog Vantage X

Although a cheap one but does the job. Any suggestions for cycling guys ? I got it to get myself active. Due to borderline hypertension I can't drive it hard and fast but driving it correctly might reduce my bp.
1593777380466.png

bought this during lockdown 3.0. best decision during these times

yourgodisweak

Country flag
Can anyone explain why they made a second attempt even after touch down? Is it because of speed issue or did they fuckup deploying landing gear?

Screenshot_1t.png

A chauhan

Country flag
Can anyone explain why they made a second attempt even after touch down? Is it because of speed issue or did they fuckup deploying landing gear?

View attachment 51884
Seems like they took off again to avoid engine burning, blast and damage. But it was obviously a mistake.

Kumata

View attachment 51884
It was Human mistake. Both pilots were distracted and busy discussing chinese virus...

The monitoring tower too failed to notice no gear down in first attempt, in 2nd attempt they informed ATC about it while they shud have informed pilots..

Clearly pilots were not fit for job. those who have heard the CVR have issued statements that System did sounded high approach alarm and landing gear but no one in cockpit paid heed to alarms...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles