Chinese woman disappears after spraying ink on poster of Xi Jinping

airtel

Country flag
Young woman goes missing after filming herself splashing ink on poster of Xi Jinping
The woman disappeared after uniformed officers apparently arrived at her door hours later
by Stephanie Kwok
July 5, 2018
in News

On the morning of July 4th, a young woman live-streamed herself splashing ink on an image of Xi Jinping in front of a Shanghai office building while speaking out against one-party rule in China.

In the video, the woman surnamed Dong shouts out in protest, “I oppose Xi Jinping’s autocratic rule and tyranny!” before then splashing black ink onto Xi’s face in a “Chinese dream” poster located on the street in front of the HNA Building in Pudong.

The young woman also claims to have been under Chinese Communist Party “mind control” for the past year, asking international organizations to intervene and investigate this issue.

Dong then went on to taunt the Chinese president, declaring, “Xi Jinping, I’m waiting here for you to catch me! I splashed ink onto your portrait in front of your property.”

And it seems that is exactly what happened. According to RFI, a reporter successfully contacted Dong through her Twitter account and confirmed that she was safe at around 2 pm yesterday. However, an hour later, Dong posted a photo on Twitter of what appears to be multiple officers standing outside her door.

“Right now, there are people in uniform outside my door. Once I get changed, I will go out. I haven’t done anything wrong. The ones who have done wrong are the people and organizations that hurt me,” she wrote.

Dong has not been heard from since. Her Twitter account @feefeefly has also been taken down.

On Twitter, many netizens have expressed their concern for the young woman’s safety. Some have tracked down her personal details and contact information, but have so far been unable to reach her.

Of course, in China, public criticism of Xi Jinping and one-party rule is not allowed. Those who break this prohibition can face severe consequences. People have put on trial for merely giving China’s leader nicknames like “Steamed Bun Xi.” These restrictions have only become stricter with the removal of presidential term limits earlier this year, allowing Xi to stay in power for life.

It’s not clear what will become of Dong. Back in 2015, a man was sentenced to 14 months behind bars for hurling a bottle of ink at the portrait of Mao Zedong looking out over Tiananmen Square.

https://shanghaiist.com/2018/07/05/...erself-splashing-ink-on-poster-of-xi-jinping/

Raweg

Trade war with US is impacting Xi's image in China negatively. If trade war remains longer or becames harsher it will create internal security problems for China.

Flame Thrower

Trade war with US is impacting Xi's image in China negatively. If trade war remains longer or becames harsher it will create internal security problems for China.
1989 tiananmen square incident couldn't do anything to CPC.

The above incident is not even a grain of sand in desert. Nothing will happen to CPC. Don't worry.

Coming to trade war, Trump can only push to certain limits, those will not break Chinese back, definitely not CPC's back. Come 10 yrs i.e. if oil starts losing it's importance to electric vehicles, that's when things will start going wrong and taking sharp turns.... Till then, nothing major will happen.

Thus I rest my case.

Haldiram

Country flag
It isn't affecting anyone.

The US has a habit of running a media campaign after every economic sanction to make it look like the people in their target country are suffering. It's meant to be a provocation to the people to start throwing tantrums against their government, and a message to other countries about the potency of US sanctions. If they imposed sanctions and no one was affected, the threat of sanctions loses meaning. So they go out of the way to claim victory after imposing sanctions, even if no one was affected.

The US media did the same drama even when they had imposed sanctions on Russia : "look look..they are hurtin so bad..the people are starving..roads are crumbling..Putin is getting thinner, everyone is becoming malnourished..cows are giving water instead of milk.." :pound:

Putin annexed Crimea, prevented the US from toppling Assad, prevented them from setting up a permanent military presence in Syria, saved Iran's nuclear program, re-negotiated oil prices and literally reversed all US strategic goals while being under sanction. It didn't affect him one bit. China did the same with the SCS island reclamation; Iran pursued their nuclear ambitions while under sanction, India pursued its nuclear and cryogenic program while under sanction; North Korea brought a belligerent US president to its shores to negotiate a peace deal while being under sanctions and being threatened to be nuked. The US has had to eat humble pie several times in these years.

The sky is not falling. Everyone is doing just fine. The US is an empire in decline. They better worry about themselves.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This is a common western trick. They create human interest stories to create a justification.

The current CPC has studied these western tactics and built systems in place to counter these.

At this point in time China has the upper hand, west can do nothing about it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This is a common western trick. They create human interest stories to create a justification.

The current CPC has studied these western tactics and built systems in place to counter these.

At this point in time China has the upper hand, west can do nothing about it.
may i also point out that inspite of china about to reach economic parity with america within the next decade, the fact no serious discussions happening within american politics about this indicates that china is more in control of american politics than vice versa.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I have to call fake. No one in China is stupid enough to do that. They know uncle is always watching.

airtel

Country flag

China is too powerful & USA can not do much ...........they control their people and outside interference is very less ...this girls must be working for CIA , this is why she did this Drama on 4th of July (Independence Day of United States of America).

vampyrbladez

Country flag
China is too powerful & USA can not do much ...........they control their people and outside interference is very less ...this girls must be working for CIA , this is why she did this Drama on 4th of July (Independence Day of United States of America).
Trump will put tariff on all Chinese exports (500 bn) to fuck up china. Right now their entire economy is based on a bubble. A mega mutant bubble. Once that pops, 1929 depression and 2008 recession will look like child's play.

nimo_cn

Country flag
if everything is true, it's a sad story.

she is too young to understand that a seemingly self-appointed Xi is not that different from a seemingly publicly elected Trump. when i was her age, I had similar thoughts about the one party rule sysyem. after I started reading first hand materials about the western world and compared it with Chinese world, I recuse myself from being a CCP hater.

she is young and innocent like most Chinese kids, I think it's wise for the authority to give her a good lecture and then just release her.

kids of her age could easily be influenced by western ideas, especially in an international metropolis like shanghai where the flow of foreign people and ideas are impossible to be restricted, ccp should blame itself for losing the ideological war in its own country.

nimo_cn

Country flag

she is too young to understand that a seemingly self-appointed Xi is not that different from a seemingly publicly elected Trump. when i was her age, I had similar thoughts about the one party rule sysyem. after I started reading first hand materials about the western world and compared it with Chinese world, I recuse myself from being a CCP hater.

she is young and innocent like most Chinese kids, I think it's wise for the authority to give her a good lecture and then just release her.

kids of her age could easily be influenced by western ideas, especially in an international metropolis like shanghai where the flow of foreign people and ideas are impossible to be restricted, ccp should blame itself for losing the ideological war in its own country.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I had similar thoughts about the one party rule sysyem. after I started reading first hand materials about the western world and compared it with Chinese world, I recuse myself from being a CCP hater.
So you fell in line. That is exactly Chinese books and its reeducation camps are designed for.
she is too young to understand that a seemingly self-appointed Xi is not that different from a seemingly publicly elected Trump.
However there is a difference. Had she done that in US, She would have disappeared. So many people dose much worse things in India against our PM but they do not face even a smallest problem. The brain washed like you can only compare a democratically elected leader and a dirty dictator.

Jameson Emoni

She is in Patriotic Education Camp right now.

nimo_cn

Country flag
So you fell in line. That is exactly Chinese books and its reeducation camps are designed for.

However there is a difference. Had she done that in US, She would have disappeared. So many people dose much worse things in India against our PM but they do not face even a smallest problem. The brain washed like you can only compare a democratically elected leader and a dirty dictator.
it is not falling in line, it's being pragmatic, a quality only possessed by mature adult.

I read both Chinese books and English books, funny thing is that it's after reading English sources that I started understanding and accepting ccp. smearing national leader is an offence in every country, and will be regulated. and what she did is more than personal abuse of Xi.

everyone is brainwashed one way or another, that is why you call yourself Indian, while your cousin who was born and brought up in America call himself American.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
smearing national leader is an offence in every country, and will be regulated. and what she did is more than personal abuse of Xi.
Absolutely not. In democracy, you can oppose the way you like. If it is beyond the boundaries, a case shall be filed against you. Nobody can make you disappear. your post is testimony to the facts I said about you.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Even a picture of "mighty uncle xi" is better than houdini...
:)

On a serious note I would say her actions are unnecessary and provocative probably influenced indirectly by western stuff...
But that doesn't mean she can be disappeared, that's just too much...

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Young woman goes missing after filming herself splashing ink on poster of Xi Jinping
The woman disappeared after uniformed officers apparently arrived at her door hours later

I appreciate her guts! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles