Chinese UAV and UCAV News & Updates

jackhammer2

Country flag
you know and i know every plane u make is copy, copy does not mean 100% copy but basic design is same. in some design u copy 80% in some you copy 100% we all know you people are very good at cosmetic touches and reverse engg.
These badass things still hurt you know unlike us China really invest in the field of defence manufacturing and these products are the fruits of those steps.

Don't get surprised if these products are really 100% Chineese made.

J20!

Country flag
Didn't want to start a new thread for this so might as well utilize this old thread.

The Wing-Loong II team who first showcased a mock-up at the Zhuhai airshow last year recently flew a prototype for the first time:

The Control Unit(These are usually capable of directing more than 1 drone at a time):

A gif from a CGI promotion, (probably from the air-show)

A comprehensive article on the Wing Loong II and a small piece on the next development of the Wing Loong series, the Wing Loong I-D; an all composite varient of Wing Loong I with a major improvement in MTOW and payload WRT Wing Loong I (pictured below):

Wing Loong I-D(all composite Wing-loong I) mock-up:

Wing Loong I ( First flew in 2007 and is in service with the PLAAF, and the air-forces of Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, Egypt, the UAE and Saudi Arabia):

The East Pendulum article from which I nicked all these pics:

http://www.eastpendulum.com/premier-vol-dessai-reussi-pour-le-drone-de-combat-wing-loong-ii

NB: its in french but google translate will fix that for you...

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Here are some pics of it...........................

J20!

Country flag
Here are some pics of it...........................

Yeah. That's the Wing Loong I that crashed in Pakistan. I was posted about a Wing Loong II prototype that just had its first flight...

What's your point?

IndianHawk

Country flag
It could also be that these countries are not very equipped to manage sophisticated weapons. UAE may be an exception both other countries on that list (except China, of course) are not exactly known for ace pilots.
You don't need ace pilots to fly drones. You need some nerds who are good with joysticks.

These drones are falling because of shitty construction and even more incoherent algorithms. It will take decades for chinese to actually master those things.

This also puts in perspective why indian forces are not rushing to induct rustom and are ordering predators for now.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles