Chinese Troops Intrude into Indian Territory in Ladakh!!!

what options India have if china doesn't pull back from ladakh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Deccani, Your posts are well placed and well designed, you putting them real nice ..

I want to know who from Army said following details, Is that from public relation officials or from field commanders ?
Statement was issued by the army headquarters Northern command it seems . I don't know who issues statements from army headquarters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is not my question,

I asked are you conform sure that Norther Army Command HQ made such a statement,

If so then is that field report or public relation officials from Army ?

If both are not then its not an Army report but immature media false report .. ..

And If that is so, Don't use them as source to back any claims ..

That area comes under Northern Command

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
That is not my question,

I asked are you conform sure that Norther Army Command HQ made such a statement,

If so then is that field report or public relation officials from Army ?

If both are not then its not an Army report but immature media false report .. ..

And If that is so, Don't use them as source to back any claims ..

The main source is Press trust of India which was re published not only by Hindustan times but even by other media outlets and Newspapers .

PTI New Delhi, December 22, 2013
First Published: 20:03 IST(22/12/2013) | Last Updated: 11:06 IST(23/12/2013)
Chinese troops cross over into Indian territory again - Hindustan Times

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
India, China hold flag meet in Ladakh
New Delhi, Dec 21, 2013, DHNS:

Almost 10 days after three Indian citizens were detained by Chinese troops for straying into disputed territory, local commanders from the Indian Army and the People's Liberation Army (PLA) held a flag-meeting with the objective of improving coordination between the two countries.

Held at eastern Ladakh on Saturday, the flag meeting was meant to coordinate responses in future cases of inadvertent crossing by porters and animals, said an officer of the Indian Army.

The officer was, however, categorical in denying reports that around 20 Chinese soldiers last week entered Indian territory near the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and pitched 8-10 tents in the Chepzi area in Ladakh, which is close to the Chumar where several Chinese activities were reported in the past. "We are not aware of any such Chinese activity.

There was no incursion and no face-off," an army officer in the headquarters told Deccan Herald. An agency report quoting unnamed sources, however, said around 20-22 PLA soldiers had last week pitched around 8-10 tents in the west of Chepzi in Ladakh.

pkroyal

These pin pricks with 20 - 30 men by the Chinese will continue along the LAC & in Arunanchal Pradesh
to test the nerves of our political class.

We need to :-
Plot the pattern & strength of each transgression
Device a strategy to counter intrude into their territory along Tibet
Task Est- 22 persons to do their bit of mischief in the border regions with China
Study what the Uighur's want and develop contact with their leadership
Aggressively patrol up to the Mc Mahon line & not shy away from a confrontation in our own territory.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am not interested in Civilian affairs, This was a military issue so require specifics ..

Certainly not something like 'Some or any officer made a claim and that is taken as proof '

================
@Ray Sir ..

New Delhi, Dec 21, 2013, DHNS:

There was no incursion and no face-off," an army officer in the headquarters told Deccan Herald. An agency report quoting unnamed sources, however, said around 20-22 PLA soldiers had last week pitched around 8-10 tents in the west of Chepzi in Ladakh.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Border Defence Cooperation Agreement between India and China: full text

October 23, 2013

The Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the People's Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as the 'two sides'),

Firmly believing that the India-China Strategic and Cooperative Partnership for Peace and Prosperity serves the fundamental interests of the people of the two countries,

Reiterating that neither side shall use its military capability against the other side and that their respective military strengths shall not be used to attack the other side,

Reaffirming that neither side shall use or threaten to use force against the other side by any means nor seek unilateral superiority,

Having accepted the principle of mutual and equal security,

Acknowledging the need to continue to maintain peace, stability and tranquility along the line of actual control in the India-China border areas and to continue implementing confidence building measures in the military field along the line of actual control,

Recognizing the importance of materializing the spirit of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and Government of the People's Republic of China on the Maintenance of Peace and Tranquility Along the Line of Actual Control in the India-China
Border Areassigned on 7th September 1993, theAgreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the People's Republic of China on Confidence Building Measures in the Military Field Along the Line of Actual Control in the India-China Border Areassigned on 29th November 1996, theProtocol between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the People's Republic of China on Modalities for the Implementation of Confidence Building Measures in the Military Field Along the Line of Actual Control in India-China Border Areassigned on 11th April 2005 and the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the People's Republic of China on the Establishment of a Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairssigned on 17th January 2012,

Have agreed as follows:

Article I

The two sides shall carry out border defence cooperation on the basis of their respective laws and relevant bilateral agreements.

Article II

The two sides shall implement border defence cooperation in the following ways:

1.Exchange information-including information about military exercises, aircrafts, demolition operations and unmarked mines-and take consequent measures conducive to the maintenance of peace, stability and tranquility along the line of actual control in the India-China border areas,

2.Jointly combat smuggling of arms, wildlife, wildlife articles and other contrabands,

3.Assist the other side in locating personnel, livestock, means of transport and aerial vehicles that may have crossed or are possibly in the process of crossing the line of actual control in the India-China border areas,

4.Work with the other side in combating natural disasters or infectious diseases that may affect or spread to the other side,

5.Any other way mutually agreed upon by the two sides.

Article III

Border deference cooperation visualized in this agreement shall be implemented through the following mechanisms:

1.Flag meetings or border personnel meetings at designated places along the line of actual control in the India-China border areas.

2.Periodic meetings between officers of the relevant Military Regions of China and Army Commands of India and between departments responsible for military operations.

3.Periodic meetings of the representatives of the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India and the Ministry of National Defence of the People's Republic of China.

4.Meetings of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs.

5.Meetings of the India-China Annual Defence Dialogue.

Article IV

In implementing border defence cooperation and to facilitate contacts and meetings between relevant organizations, the two sides may establish Border Personnel Meeting sites in all sectors, as well as telephone contacts and telecommunication links at mutually agreed locations along the line of actual control. The two sides may also consider establishing a Hotline between the military headquarters of the two countries. Specific arrangements shall be decided upon through mutual consultations between the two sides.

Article V

In order to enhance understanding and cooperation between the border defence forces of the two sides, each side may invite the other side for joint celebrations on major national or military days or festivals and organize cultural activities, non-contact sports events and small scale tactical exercises along the line of actual control in the India-China border areas. In addition, the two sides may also conduct joint military training exercises, at Army level, in each other's country on a regular basis. The theme of such joint exercises will be decided through mutual consultations.

Article VI

The two sides agree that they shall not follow or tail patrols of the other side in areas where there is no common understanding of the line of actual control in the India-China border areas.

Article VII

In case a doubtful situation arises with reference to any activity by either side in border areas where there is no common understanding of the line of actual control, either side has the right to seek a clarification from the other side. In such cases, the clarification shall be sought and replies to them shall be conveyed through any of the mechanisms established underArticle III of this Agreement.

Article VIII

The two sides agree that if the border defence forces of the two sides come to a face-to-face situation in areas where there is no common understanding of the line of actual control, both sides shall exercise maximum self-restraint, refrain from any provocative actions, not use force or threaten to use force against the other side, treat each other with courtesy and prevent exchange of fire or armed conflict.

Article IX

The two sides shall implement this Agreement without prejudice to their respective positions on the alignment of the line of actual control as well as on the boundary question.

Article X

This Agreement shall come into force on the date of its signature. It may be revised, amended or terminated with the consent of the two sides. Any revision or amendment, mutually agreed by the two sides, shall form an integral part of this Agreement.

Signed in duplicate in Hindi, Chinese and English languages at Beijing on 23rd day of October month of 2013, all three versions being equally authentic. In case of divergence, the English text shall prevail.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/b...ment-between-india-and-china-full-text-435998

Last edited:

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am not interested in Civilian affairs, This was a military issue so require specifics ..

Certainly not something like 'Some or any officer made a claim and that is taken as proof '

================
@Ray Sir ..
This meeting between Indian army and Chinese army personals is part of the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement between India and China and during that meeting the statement was issued denying any incursion by the Chinese army .

Chinese have done incursions in the past and Indian army is cautious and active and ready in case of any misadventure by the Chinese .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You do understand how such meeting take place, Do you ? If not then for your knowledge .. ------>>

Indian Army do not have any political officers unlike PLA hence they dont have liberty to talk abt such statements to add more that there were no political representative from Gov to represent present Gov as they did not have courage to stand against Chinese..

=========================

Though the meeting you are talking didn't held at HQ, In that case the link you provided before, Claiming that the certain news came from Norther Army HQ does not hold water anymore, Nor the statement at meetings ..

I hope you are not one of those election bots here, Trying to save sorry face of Gov and making Army as a scape Goat for there blunders ..
Anyways continue as you were ..

This meeting between Indian army and Chinese army personals is part of the Border Defence Cooperation Agreement between India and China and during that meeting the statement was issued denying any incursion by the Chinese army .

Chinese have done incursions in the past and Indian army is cautious and active and ready in case of any misadventure by the Chinese .

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Looks like China is short of land in their own country.

On serious note this intrusion business will continue from Chinese side in future we need to be careful and have sufficient force and play it smartly in these areas.

bose

Country flag
Looks like China is short of land in their own country.

On serious note this intrusion business will continue from Chinese side in future we need to be careful and have sufficient force and play it smartly in these areas.
Chinese are probing India with such intrusion.... The current Indian government is too week and coward...

Once we put in place something similar to what General Sunderji did in 1987 such intrusion will continue... Chinese will continue to pile pressure onto India...

arya

Country flag
just slient increase your strength your foot on ground more fighter planes more guns then speak to them .

i know next govt will improve defence condition .

arya

Country flag
You do understand how such meeting take place, Do you ? If not then for your knowledge .. ------>>

Indian Army do not have any political officers unlike PLA hence they dont have liberty to talk abt such statements to add more that there were no political representative from Gov to represent present Gov as they did not have courage to stand against Chinese..

Though the meeting you are talking didn't held at HQ, In that case the link you provided before, Claiming that the certain news came from Norther Army HQ does not hold water anymore, Nor the statement at meetings ..

I hope you are not one of those election bots here, Trying to save sorry face of Gov and making Army as a scape Goat for there blunders ..

last army chief may be next defence minister . next defence minister should be from force .

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned

I do understand what you are saying but here i wont make the army as scapegoat for the blunders of the Government . Even i do agree that the army should have some more powers but we are not a military state unlike our neighbors , the balance which is between the armed forces and the establishment its nowhere in the world and this is what makes India an unique country. Army, Navy and Air force all are getting new toys and equipment under this Government .

Solving disputes with China is important and it has to be handle with delicacy. If there would be incursions , then our army will not deny it and this is what i am trying to say. Of course we have to adopt a tougher approach while talking with Chinese

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Then you should not make claims on something which you are not much aware off, I am not advocating for power but asked you simple questions on the topic you are making posts, Which you are unable to give proper answer due to lack of knowledge ..

I find it amusing to call necessity as toys, Again mostly toys are under scams and Is that famous ' two convoys of Army heading to capture Delhi kinda mentality ' you are talking about, Your posts here say different story than what you are telling now ..

You are sure you are not a political bot ..

I do understand what you are saying but here.
Even i do agree that the army should have some more powers but we are not a military state unlike our neighbors

the balance which is between the armed forces and the establishment its nowhere in the world and this is what makes India an unique country.

Army, Navy and Air force all are getting new toys and equipment under this Government .

Solving disputes with China is important and it has to be handle with delicacy. If there would be incursions , then our army will not deny it and this is what i am trying to say. Of course we have to adopt a tougher approach while talking with Chinese

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Then you should not make claims on something which you are not much aware off, I am not advocating for power but asked you simple questions on the topic you are making posts, Which you are unable to give proper answer due to lack of knowledge ..
Where i am claiming any thing , i just told that army has denied any such incursion by the Chinese . And there is no general knowledge needed here .

I find it amusing to call necessity as toys, Again mostly toys are under scams and Is that famous ' two convoys of Army heading to capture Delhi kinda mentality ' you are talking about, Your posts here say different story than what you are telling now ..
In real you should stop being extra cautious with my posts and stop mixing different issues . stop this judgmental attitude . Yes there is no doubt that scams are there involving many deals but there are even many reasons behind these scams which is more or less linked to defense and political relations with other countries or to make new defense relations with other countries or to make neighboring countries understand that we are still giving chance to change their ways etc . I don't think that people sitting in national security council just make foreign policy or defense purchases by not keeping all these issues in mind .

You are sure you are not a political bot ..
there is different way of thinking on many subject and its not possible that we all can agree on everything .

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You are claiming and yet you are denial mode in the same post ..

So there are ways to justify scams involving National security ..

And you do accept that you are a bot, I have nothing to add more ..

===============

In case anyone reading, Send a better bot next time who knows things he talks abt ..

Where i am claiming any thing , i just told that army has denied any such incursion by the Chinese . And there is no general knowledge needed here .

Yes there is no doubt that scams are there involving many deals but there are even many reasons behind these scams which is more or less linked to defense and political relations with other countries

there is different way of thinking on many subject and its not possible that we all can agree on everything .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles