Chinese Telecom Equipment Now Banned In India

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't have to play by your rules and limit the examples, what it does in one country it will do in another.

Huawei employee caught stealing data

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSJAK46541520090320

We all know Huawei is behind Ghostnet. Why do you think you are barred from most UK, Australia, US and Indian networks? You use your malware to attack India all the time.

http://www.softsecurity.com/news/hi...a-based-hacking-targets-india-government.html

See the quality!

The latest order by the Ugandan government was spurred by local media reports of poor quality work and inflated costs.

An audit by the auditor general's office told the committee that the G655 has the capacity to transmit 40G bytes per second, yet the cable being laid can only transmit 2.5G bytes.

The committee has also raised the issue of the number of cores in the installed fiber. The cable being laid is only a 24-core fiber, which is insufficient given current technology trends, according to experts cited by the committee.

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=2B87999F-1A64-67EA-E43A6EAB1135994C
=xD

Oracle

guy, do you really think that "west-made" hand-set exist?

most of the so-called "made by west" in fact are made in China too, and are just tagged with "made-by west"
Lol. The design is Western, the OS is Western, and everything else is Western. China just manufactures them, because labor is cheap in China.
Btw, I was talking about Chinese handsets made in China, not Western handsets made in China.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Did you not read my post. I said Chinese mobiles come with an IMEI with 15 digits, which is difficult to track. So, security is at stake. Do you understand now?
I am sorry, i have only heard of valid IMEI with 15 digits.

The GSM Association maintains a unique system known as the IMEI Database (IMEI DB). The IMEI DB is a global central database containing basic information on serial number (IMEI) ranges of millions of GSM and 3G devices (e.g. mobile phones, laptop data cards) that are in use across the world's GSM networks. The IMEI is a 15-digit number that is used to identify the device when it is used on a GSM mobile phone network.
http://www.gsmworld.com/our-work/programmes-and-initiatives/fraud-and-security/imei_database.htm

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Lol. The design is Western, the OS is Western, and everything else is Western. China just manufactures them, because labor is cheap in China.
Btw, I was talking about Chinese handsets made in China, not Western handsets made in China.
China is screw driver industry.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I don't have to play by your rules and limit the examples, what it does in one country it will do in another.

Huawei employee caught stealing data

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSJAK46541520090320

We all know Huawei is behind Ghostnet. Why do you think you are barred from most UK, Australia, US and Indian networks? You use your malware to attack India all the time.

http://www.softsecurity.com/news/hi...a-based-hacking-targets-india-government.html

See the quality!

=xD
So basically, you can't provide proof to back up your accusation such as "Huawei oand ZTE steal IP of Indian companies", "Huawei and ZTE apply malware to Indian networks to conduct espionage " and "Huawei and ZTE conduct illegal trade actions through unfair competition" can you?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Lol I find indian companies and products to be more reliable than chinese products.Quality control is an issue with China
Were you refering to products in every sector when you said that Indian companies and products are more reliable than Chinese products. I am personally interested in the quality of Indian products.

Madam we are emulating the chinese.everything is political
Nice try, JPraveen!

nimo_cn

Country flag
That is my mistake, sorry.
Never mind!
I didn't know it is a number of 15 digits either, i just learned it.

I wanted to say that most Chinese handsets of Chinese companies do not have the 15 digit IMEI numbers, so Indian security agencies cannot track them in times of emergency.
And that is what i said about the handsets of Huawei and ZTE, handsets manufactured by ZTE and Huawei have valid IMEI numbers, but the shanzhai(山寨) cellphones don't.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
All said and done, we can expect a trade war between the two countries if things go out of hand,. But I think China will be the one to lose on it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So basically, you can't provide proof to back up your accusation such as "Huawei oand ZTE steal IP of Indian companies", "Huawei and ZTE apply malware to Indian networks to conduct espionage " and "Huawei and ZTE conduct illegal trade actions through unfair competition" can you?
I said Western companies won't. Why don't you read before you write? China has done it before they will do it again... nothing has changed.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
guy, do you really think that "west-made" hand-set exist?

most of the so-called "made by west" in fact are made in China too, and are just tagged with "made-by west"
But those companies ensure quality control otherwise they scarp the contract. But Chinese companies, which are on their own, in order to get more profits and price the product lower end up not maintaining the quality.

badguy2000

Respected Member
But those companies ensure quality control otherwise they scarp the contract. But Chinese companies, which are on their own, in order to get more profits and price the product lower end up not maintaining the quality.
every penny has its worth.

cheaper always means lower quality. To meet the need of cheaper goods, businessmen always sell lower quality "made in China" to poorer developing countries .

In fact ,you can easily find that "made in CHina" sold to developed countries have much better quality than "made in China" sold to developing countries.

In fact, the same case also happenes to China itself.

the "made in China" sold to richer urban China always have better quality to the "made in China" sold to poorer rural China.

badguy2000

Respected Member
All said and done, we can expect a trade war between the two countries if things go out of hand,. But I think China will be the one to lose on it.
guy, India is just a minor role on the list of CHina's trade partners while China is the top trade partner of India.

are you really conscious of the situation?

the gap of economy power and trade scale decides that India can not win the trade war.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
every penny has its worth.

cheaper always means lower quality. To meet the need of cheaper goods, businessmen always sell lower quality "made in China" to poorer developing countries .

In fact ,you can easily find that "made in CHina" sold to developed countries have much better quality than "made in China" sold to developing countries.

In fact, the same case also happenes to China itself.

the "made in China" sold to richer urban China always have better quality to the "made in China" sold to poorer rural China.
This is the reason China has earned a bad reputation as a manufacturer of cheap and low quality goods. And slowly people and governments are shying away from Chinese made stuff.

But the reason for Indian to ban chinese telecom equipment is driven by security issues, local industry will be happy that it doesn't have to compete with Chinese telecom manufacturers who quote lower prices due to massive subsidies from the state which is not available for local industries in India. It is like shooting two birds with one shot, good for India bad for China.

badguy2000

Respected Member
This is the reason China has earned a bad reputation as a manufacturer of cheap and low quality goods. And slowly people and governments are shying away from Chinese made stuff.

But the reason for Indian to ban chinese telecom equipment is driven by security issues, local industry will be happy that it doesn't have to compete with Chinese telecom manufacturers who quote lower prices due to massive subsidies from the state which is not available for local industries in India. It is like shooting two birds with one shot, good for India bad for China.
guy,

reputation is not as important as you think.

cost performance is the king here.

any rational guy always chose the product with best cost performance,while "made in China" has the best cost performance.

So, although maybe "made in CHina" is not the best, it can screw the best with poorer cost performance all over the world

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
guy, India is just a minor role on the list of CHina's trade partners while China is the top trade partner of India.

the gap of economy power and trade scale decides that India can not win the trade war.
India may not be the major trade partner of China but India being a highly growing market can inflict damage however small it may be on the already sagging export industry of China be denying market access. Can China afford it??.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And there we go again...................

nimo_cn

Country flag
While Indian domestic companies can't even compete with Chinese companies, you expect them to compete with Nokia, Ericsson?

Huawei and ZTE are late players in the Indian markets, before Chinese players entered Indian markets, where is your domestic companies? By barring Chinese companies from competing in Indian market, it will only make western companies have a absolute control over Indian market.

And BTW, don't always use unfounded Chinese massive subsidies as an excuse to justifiy the incompetence of Indian companies. I have never heared that Huawei and ZTE got subsidy from CCP.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Right, who will lose in a trade war? You get cheap raw material from India and you make manufactured goods that are exported to India. If India does not buy your goods, you will lose a lot of business. The cascading effect is the worse thing. I would be happy if China does not buy raw materials from India as some self serving people are digging the earth bare over here.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I said Western companies won't. Why don't you read before you write? China has done it before they will do it again... nothing has changed.
Oh, yeah, westerners won't.

You are more fond of robbing. You have done it before and you will do it again.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles