Chinese Soldiers Training In Sub-Zero Temperature. What are they up to?

pmaitra

Vast swathes of PRC's territory gets sub-zero temperatures during winter.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I found this: A military regiment takes part in a morning exercise on January 29, 2013 in Heilongjiang Province of China. The temperature dipped to minus 30 degrees Celsius. (ChinaFotoPress / Getty Images).

This is from Jan 2013 (about 3 years back) and it's in Heilongjiang (bordering Russia.)

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Bornubus

grueling-training-regiments-from-around-the-world-4.jpg

..................................................................................................................................

aliyah

how many vodka bottles quota is given to them :) ;)

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I'm glad we are ...but as you know prc is always first in copying

secondly look at the kashmir map and see that prc would like to get it as it connects to their already illegal occupation of shagsam valley to have a band of connectivity with gilgit -B and thus strengthen their CPEC railroad system and other strategic objectives

i say that prc is always suspect until and unless they give up their illegal occupation of indian lands

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+ @Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy@Cadian @DingDong@ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince@Kunal @Kshatriya87 Biswas @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@Razor@Rashna @[email protected] @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3@The enlightened @tejas warrior@tharun @thethinker@tsunami@Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra

Bornubus

I'm glad we are ...but as you know prc is always first in copying

secondly look at the kashmir map and see that prc would like to get it as it connects to their already illegal occupation of shagsam valley to have a band of connectivity with gilgit -B and thus strengthen their CPEC railroad system and other strategic objectives

i say that prc is always suspect until and unless they give up their illegal occupation of indian lands

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+ @Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy@Cadian @DingDong@ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince@Kunal @Kshatriya87 Biswas @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@Razor@Rashna @[email protected] @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3@The enlightened @tejas warrior@tharun @thethinker@tsunami@Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra
Firstly CPEC will never replace a ocean route for trade in china,whatever be the reasons like land will be closed for 3 months due to snow,underdeveloped westetern China which connects CPEC or the high cost compared with ocean trade so CPEC complement the existing ocean route a large part of it already dominated by Indian Navy and the world knows it.

Secondly yes we lost our land in 1962 which was Aksai Chin,Chinese offered us that they will give up their claim on South Tibet (A.P) if India is ready to give up the claim on Aksai chin during Rajiv Gandhi's tenure but now they are reluctant.

IMO China can't be trusted,nobody knows when it could strike unexpectedly,look what it did with Vietnamese in 80s

So that's where our future induction of S400 could be a game changer coupled with brand new strike corp a tank regiment of T 90MS,Rafales and AH 64EE .... Dragons only loves the language of danda and that's how he will be tamed.

Plus we also have Japan,Viet's and US on our side now,who knows one day we will house Ohio class submarines in Andaman.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
1. Firstly CPEC will never replace a ocean route for trade in china,whatever be the reasons like land will be closed for 3 months due to snow,underdeveloped westetern China which connects CPEC or the high cost compared with ocean trade so CPEC complement the existing ocean route a large part of it already dominated by Indian Navy and the world knows it.

Secondly yes we lost our land in 1962 which was Aksai Chin,Chinese offered us that they will give up their claim on South Tibet (A.P) if India is ready to give up the claim on Aksai chin during Rajiv Gandhi's tenure but now they are reluctant.

IMO China can't be trusted,nobody knows when it could strike unexpectedly,look what it did with Vietnamese in 80s

So that's where our future induction of S400 could be a game changer coupled with brand new strike corp a tank regiment of T 90MS,Rafales and AH 64EE .... Dragons only loves the language of danda and that's how he will be tamed.

Plus we also have Japan,Viet's and US on our side now,who knows one day 2. we will house Ohio class submarines in Andaman.
1. What is the purpose/benefit of the CPEC for the chinese?
I think it is to reach the ME through a shorter (shorter than via malacca constriction) and safer (chinese navy not as strong as ground forces) route.
Plus India is pretty close.
Also it helps the chinese in stabilizing Xinjiang; because it is a volatile region, thanks to terrorists from Pak region etc.
So if you look at the overall cost-benefit ratio. The cpec may be better for the chinese.

2. How will that happen? Are you suggesting that the US will sell ohio?

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Will someone please tell me if there is any (actual & true & existing) Chinese territory that is this cold? Maybe Aksai Chin ??

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Will someone please tell me if there is any (actual & true & existing) Chinese territory that is this cold? Maybe Aksai Chin ??
Chinese NE and Tibet (bcoz of elevation and blockage of warm air by himalayas) can get pretty cold.
Some parts of the above two regions can hit -40C to -50C.

Hold on I'll show you a map.

Edit: @Kshatriya87 , Here's the map

The map show the avg. annual temperature (not lowest temperature). As you can see the average temperature for Tibet and parts of Heilongjiang (NE China) are well below zero.

Last edited:

Bornubus

1. What is the purpose/benefit of the CPEC for the chinese?
I think it is to reach the ME through a shorter (shorter than via malacca constriction) and safer (chinese navy not as strong as ground forces) route.
Plus India is pretty close.
Also it helps the chinese in stabilizing Xinjiang; because it is a volatile region, thanks to terrorists from Pak region etc.
So if you look at the overall cost-benefit ratio. The cpec may be better for the chinese.

2. How will that happen? Are you suggesting that the US will sell ohio?
No,but USN Ohio class or any other warship could be housed in Andaman if we sign logistic support agreement with US for that.

rockey 71

China is an emerging super power. They have issues with Russia, Japan, India and USA. PLA must prepare contingencies for op anywhere in the world at any time of the year. And we must not forget China's presence in Tibet rumored to hold vast reserves of natural resources waiting to be exploited.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned

amoy

Many northerners flock to the southmost Hainan Island like migrant birds each year.

In the tropical province elders buy or rent partments. I met a lot of NE Chinese when lingering over there. Many Russians also vacation in the so-called Hawaii of China , visa free !

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

DFI_COAS

What do you guys say about this?

PLA is going to invade Siachen in near future and we must increase our capabilities there ASAP!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles