Chinese Railway Megathread

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I'm particularly interested in Chinese Railway; stuff like major Rail networks, Station infra, Pricing, new construction equipment and Techniques, management, Facilities etc etc.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Top 100 Longest High-Speed Railway (Train) Lines Comparison (2020)

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Top 100 Longest Metro (Subway) Systems Comparison (2019)

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How far is it from Xinjiang to Tibet?
New Xinjiang-Tibet railway started operation

Wisemarko

Country flag
5659D644-70EB-4C92-9D3F-B632EC943E8C.jpeg
728B03CD-40B1-4C15-AAC2-A613FC865513.jpeg
57AECC34-AD65-42F7-88C6-1B7C8806771B.jpeg

Here is China in 2015. Incredible development. The high speed trains are clean, on time and really fast as you can see the speed. Train stations (Shanghai station here) are clean and well designed.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
NEXT BIG LEAP FOR THE HOP? CHINA’S TRACKLESS COMMUTER TRAIN BEGINS PUBLIC RUN ON VIRTUAL RAILS
Posted by Syndicated | Dec 22, 2019 | Syndicated |

The world’s first Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit (ART) for commercial use was officially launched in Yibin, Sichuan Province on December 5, marking the introduction of a new urban rail transit system pioneered by China.

Dubbed the “Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit,” the ART is essentially a driverless tram. Developed by CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Research Institute of China, the system runs on “virtual rails” mapped out by cameras and censors, so it can determine the dimensions of roads and plan its own route.

The Yibin ART T1 line extends for 17.7 kilometers. It is expected to serve more than 10,000 passengers daily, a number that will go up to 25,000 once the Yibin West line is extended to the Chengdu-Guizhou high-speed railway station.

The ART T1 Line resembles the B-type subway carriage, which can increase passenger capacity of a single train to more than 500 passengers thanks to marshaling or wireless reconnection technologies.

China’s CRRC began developing the ART all the way back in 2013 as a way to ease the overwhelming congestion in crowded Chinese urban centers. It is being billed as a cheaper alternative to metros or trams while also being more environmentally-friendly.

The ART was first shown off in 2017 in the Hunan city of Zhuzhou. Since then, there has been a number of tests, including one in the deserts of Doha where the ART will reportedly provide transportation during the 2022 World Cup. Besides Yibin, more than 80 domestic and foreign cities have carried out project follow-ups.

http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com...mmuter-train-begins-public-run-virtual-rails/

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yibin is a very small town with few people and little traffic, don't know if those trains can fit in big cities with a lot of traffic on the road.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China's Winter Olympic high-speed railway opens
Updated 10:15, 30-Dec-2019
CGTN

A high-speed railway will open on Monday between China's capital Beijing and Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province, the two venues for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games.

It will be the world's first high-speed railway on which self-driving trains reach speeds of up to 350 kilometers per hour.

The 174-km long railway line is a major project for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. The line will shorten the trip between the two host cities from over three hours to only 47 minutes, according to China Railway Corporation.

It will transport passengers in about one hour from Beijing to Zhangjiakou's Chongli District, where the 2022 Winter Olympic village is located.

The train is also designed with an area to store snowboards, a device to secure wheelchairs, and a mobile news center, where passengers can watch live Olympic broadcasts.

The line has 10 stations, five in Beijing and the others in Hebei Province. They include one at the Badaling section of the Great Wall, and it has the world's deepest railway station structure at 102 meters underground.

Construction of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou high-speed railway began in the first half of 2016. The railway underwent test runs earlier this month.

After it begins operation on Monday, it will also connect with the Zhangjiakou-Hohhot high-speed railway, cutting travel time from Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, to Beijing to two hours down from nine.

China Railway Corporation said that it is also part of the route linking Beijing to northwest China on fast-speed tracks.

Chongli railway, a branch line of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou high-speed railway, will also start service on Monday. It is 53-km long, with a maximum design speed of 250 kph.

Tickets sales began Saturday on the the corporation's website and app.

https://newsus.cgtn.com/news/2019-1...lway-to-open-on-Monday--MO5HfJim9q/index.html

rockdog

Country flag

China's Highspeed railway distance is 27684 KM now.
2nd is Spain, and 3rd is Japan

rockdog

Country flag
The high speed railway system really changed my business, i can easlily get contracts from forgein clients via Shanghai hub.

I can get up in Wuhan at 7AM, reach to Wuhan Station at 8AM; arrive in Shanghai Hongqiao Station at 11:40AM, 1000KM away, and see my client at Shanghai on 2PM. Then take the last train back to home around 11PM, with totally 700RMB (USD110) almost like an ordinary working day.

Even half of the lines are still not profiable, the networks changed people's mindset on dsistance and theri business behaviors.

The high speed railway system is really suitable for China, India like nations: huge population and vast state.

But i heard India is stuck even at the stage of land acquisition.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China to spend over $100 BILLION on railways next year
30 Dec, 2019 11:08

China Railway High-speed Harmony bullet trains are seen at a high-speed train maintenance base in Wuhan, Hubei province, China © Darley Shen

As part of its strategic goal of building a nationwide high-speed rail network, Beijing plans to invest about 800 billion yuan (US$114.36 billion) on the expansion of the country's railways in 2020.
According to China’s Ministry of Transport (MOT), 1.8 trillion yuan might be spent on roads and waterways, and about 90 billion yuan on civil aviation.

The country will strive to cover 98 percent of its countryside with delivery networks.

According to MOT data, China’s investment in fixed assets in the transport sector is estimated at over 3.2 trillion yuan for 2019.

China’s first high-speed line was commissioned in 2007 and within four years the country developed the world’s largest network. By the end of 2018, China was operating 29,000km of high-speed lines, around two-thirds of the world’s total, having added more than 4,000 route-km in 2018.

The current network has considerably reduced the travel time between major Chinese cities. The rail authority is now considering extending new lines into some of the country’s more remote regions.

https://www.rt.com/business/477099-china-railway-investments-2020/

Deathstar

Country flag
The high speed railway system really changed my business, i can easlily get contracts from forgein clients via Shanghai hub.

I can get up in Wuhan at 7AM, reach to Wuhan Station at 8AM; arrive in Shanghai Hongqiao Station at 11:40AM, 1000KM away, and see my client at Shanghai on 2PM. Then take the last train back to home around 11PM, with totally 700RMB (USD110) almost like an ordinary working day.

Even half of the lines are still not profiable, the networks changed people's mindset on dsistance and theri business behaviors.

The high speed railway system is really suitable for China, India like nations: huge population and vast state.

But i heard India is stuck even at the stage of land acquisition.
We are in advance stage but as usual democratic problems....

varun9509

Country flag
NEXT BIG LEAP FOR THE HOP? CHINA’S TRACKLESS COMMUTER TRAIN BEGINS PUBLIC RUN ON VIRTUAL RAILS
Posted by Syndicated | Dec 22, 2019 | Syndicated |

The world’s first Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit (ART) for commercial use was officially launched in Yibin, Sichuan Province on December 5, marking the introduction of a new urban rail transit system pioneered by China.

Dubbed the “Autonomous Rail Rapid Transit,” the ART is essentially a driverless tram. Developed by CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Research Institute of China, the system runs on “virtual rails” mapped out by cameras and censors, so it can determine the dimensions of roads and plan its own route.

The Yibin ART T1 line extends for 17.7 kilometers. It is expected to serve more than 10,000 passengers daily, a number that will go up to 25,000 once the Yibin West line is extended to the Chengdu-Guizhou high-speed railway station.

The ART T1 Line resembles the B-type subway carriage, which can increase passenger capacity of a single train to more than 500 passengers thanks to marshaling or wireless reconnection technologies.

China’s CRRC began developing the ART all the way back in 2013 as a way to ease the overwhelming congestion in crowded Chinese urban centers. It is being billed as a cheaper alternative to metros or trams while also being more environmentally-friendly.

The ART was first shown off in 2017 in the Hunan city of Zhuzhou. Since then, there has been a number of tests, including one in the deserts of Doha where the ART will reportedly provide transportation during the 2022 World Cup. Besides Yibin, more than 80 domestic and foreign cities have carried out project follow-ups.

http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com...mmuter-train-begins-public-run-virtual-rails/
Fellow Chinese members, what has been the response among the masses for this project? Has it been advantageous in solving the traffic problems?

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Fellow Chinese members, what has been the response among the masses for this project? Has it been advantageous in solving the traffic problems?
That small town doesn't have much traffic to start with, I think it might be a pilot project for small cities, I don't see how it can work in big cities.

Deathstar

Country flag
If as strong as Modi couldn't solve this problem, can't imagine the next one ...
No here in India u just cant forcefully acquire lands unless people willingly give it. Land acquisition is slow but according to wishes of the people.

sorcerer

Country flag
That small town doesn't have much traffic to start with, I think it might be a pilot project for small cities, I don't see how it can work in big cities.
Its kinda like the tram minus the rail and the electric posts..
well!! i do think it will be okay in big cities too..may be more convenient

rockdog

Country flag
This is the train downstairs of my office, it;s called: Optical Valley Quantum;
World's first cableless trailway system, all powered by a super big electric capacity,
and it's quite light since the body is made by composite materials.

It's somehow slow, like 30-40km/hour, but with huge load of poeple.

But it had 8 car collisons last two yrs, and even caused more traffic jams...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles