Chinese political watch

Kumata

Country flag
The education system must provide a sufficient number of high-quality workers, a sufficient number of high-quality R&D personnel, scientists, and engineers. Instead of college students who can only play video games, young people who can’t do anything,
Well feminism was always at core of CCP Propoganda. On top, your one child policy ensured that those being Born r chucked from day 1. They were trying to be more feminine than education...

But that begs me one more question... If now they want high end shit.... so far what these universities were producing if not engg and doctors or workers???

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well feminism was always at core of CCP Propoganda. On top, your one child policy ensured that those being Born r chucked from day 1. They were trying to be more feminine than education...

But that begs me one more question... If now they want high end shit.... so far what these universities were producing if not engg and doctors or workers???
Chinese people tend to look younger than their actual age. The Communist Party of China is the representative of China’s conservative bureaucracy and never promotes feminism.
Chinese universities are more bureaucratic than the United States, which requires reform
The things taught in higher vocational education schools in China are different from the needs of enterprises. Reforms are needed. Vocational education must catch up with Germany

Kumata

Country flag
Chinese people tend to look younger than their actual age. The Communist Party of China is the representative of China’s conservative bureaucracy and never promotes feminism.
Chinese universities are more bureaucratic than the United States, which requires reform
The things taught in higher vocational education schools in China are different from the needs of enterprises. Reforms are needed. Vocational education must catch up with Germany
Dude u need to do better to counter the narrative.

If what u r saying is true than students shud not have a problem at all. Clearly, it's something else..

And Chinese look young... LMAO. Being. Young doesn't mean faminists..

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dude u need to do better to counter the narrative.

If what u r saying is true than students shud not have a problem at all. Clearly, it's something else..

And Chinese look young... LMAO. Being. Young doesn't mean faminists..
Sir, if you find that your university name has been cancelled when you are in college, it will merge with another higher vocational education school,
When the interviewer asks you where you graduated in the future, you answer: a famous university, but it has disappeared
This is why the students are angry.

Jimih

Country flag
Oh! What a perverted minds 😁

Chinese university forced to drop sexualized advert after being accused of objectifying women to entice freshmen

Jimih

Country flag
China the Polluter of the World

Clean air group calls out China-backed coal plant in Bangladesh

A Chinese-backed coal-fired power plant in Bangladesh that’s been the site of deadly crackdowns on protests has now been accused of failing to ensure proper environmental inspections.

Jimih

Country flag
China State TV Station Hiring British Students to Be Pro-Beijing Influencers

Jimih

Country flag
With the ascendance of Xi Jinping and his consolidation of power, China is harking back to the Mao era.

rockdog

Country flag
India was, is and will be nowhere in the world

After the Narendra Modi-led government’s grave failure to combat the explosive second wave of Covid-19, this wave exacerbated by the Delta variant, Western media, think tanks and academia have shifted their attention to India again.

Earlier, the West projected India as a critical partner of the US to contain China’s economic and strategic clout.

That focus gained adherence after India and the US signed the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement in August 2016, and both countries inked the subsequent foundational agreements. US President Donald Trump’s first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, termed US strategy the “planned partnership for the entire 21st century.”

But now, in stark contrast, India is being dismissed in the Western world as an ineligible partner for the Western world to contain China. The Western refocus on India now in the West is the realization of Western strategists that they made a mistake to project India as a global player. They started to recognize that India has power and strategic illusion. But they made an error , misjudging India’s proper position.

Last October 20, I wrote an article in Asia Times entitled, “India is nowhere in the world, denial won’t work.” More than a thousand Indians from India and the Indian diaspora sent me insulting and abusive emails. I didn’t feel sad about those emails. Rather, they made me laugh, and I felt pity for those who sent them.

Some of my Indian scholarly friends inside and outside India also expressed their discontent with my article. They said they found my characterization of their country over the top.

However, my comments about India were not baseless. While working at the Nepal South Asia Centre, a Kathmandu-based South Asian think tank, I had the opportunity to observe South Asia very closely.

I have a fair understanding of trade, technology, economy, politics, culture, religion, population, democracy, human rights, international relations, diplomacy and the strategies of India and other South Asian countries. I also have had plenty of opportunity to observe the Indian psyche.

I used to tell my Indian friends to wait and see that my perception of India would be proven correct sooner or later.

The pumped-up claims by Indian political leaders, top bureaucrats, diplomats, think tanks, journalists and scholars for their ideas of India’s role on the global stage used to astonish me. I used to believe that they were immersed in a fantasy far away from ground reality.

I now recognize that there is a big difference between the powerful land they have imagined and India’s actual economic and strategic position on the global stage.

In exchanging views with my Indian friends, I had always advised them not to believe the baseless claims made by their cleverer-by-half leaders and babus (top bureaucrats). I kept repeating my assertion: “India is nowhere in the world.” Many Indian friends became furious after hearing me say it.

The miserable failure to combat the coronavirus pandemic has exposed India’s weakness. The West had a misconception that India is growing and can be a global player and instrumental in countering China. However, the epidemic helped the West to dispel its illusion.

Recall a few facts. India, among the South Asian countries, is at the bottom of the Global Hunger Index, 2020. India even lags behind literally starving countries such as Congo, Ethiopia and Angola.

One in five Indians still earns under US$37.50 a month – and 88.87 percent of the population or, in other words, nine out of ten, still make less than US$ 165 a month in India.

Economic activity in India is limited to a tiny population. Out of a population of 1.36 billion, only 14.6 million people had taxable income in the fiscal year 2018/2019. India’s taxable income is above the figure of US$6,750.

Only 4.6 million Indians earn more than one million Indian rupees, an amount that equals slightly less than US$13,500.

Urban India, known to the West as India, accounts for only about 35 percent of the country’s population. Sixty-five percent of India’s population lives in rural areas. Thus, the countryside of India is very different from what India looks like in the world.

Despite the economic reforms that began in July 1991, India only grew to join merely the $2.5 trillion economies in 2019. In the Lok Sabha election campaign 2019, the Modi government raised the slogan of creating a $5 trillion economy by 2024. But India’s ambition to become a $5 trillion economy is unlikely to be realized even by 2030.

After the Coronavirus outbreak in China in March last year, there was much hype insisting that the caravan of manufacturers from China would rush to India. But there was no basis and reason for international manufacturing companies to relocate to India from China. I wrote in Asia Times last year to explain why manufacturing companies would not relocate to India from China.

Thus, as I want to repeat once again, as always in the past, India was nowhere in the world. India is nowhere in the world now. And India will be nowhere in the world in the distant future.

It does not make sense to falsely claim that India becomes a vishwaguru (world teacher) or global economic power at ordinary times. Certainly there was no possibility that India could show leadership in a crisis.

Indian Prime Minister Modi was seen as a global leader in world politics because of the pro-Western policy of his external affairs minister S. Jaishankar. US President Donald Trump used India as a proxy in his China strategy to give the impression to American voters that he would contain China. Trump had a plan to use Modi to help him be reelected in the November 3, 2020, presidential poll. But he failed unsuccessful. Modi suffered from the delusion that Trump really looked upon him as a global leader.

American strategists are well aware that Indian political leaders and high-ranking government officials have Dionysian personality traits.

American Psychological Anthropologist Ruth Fulton Benedict says that there are two types of personality traits in human beings. The first is Apollonian, and the second is Dionysian. An Apollonian person does not seek status and doesn’t want a leadership role. Meanwhile, the Dionysian person seeks more status than he/she deserves.

Due to the Dionysian personality traits prevalent among the Indian political leaders who seek more status than they actually command in reality, Indians have come to believe that they can play a role in rebalancing the US and China in the world.

The media coverage of India’s failure to control Covid-19 in the West means a lot to India. First, the West has concluded that India cannot play the role that the West wants India to play.

The West has realized that any miscalculation against China by relying on India would have cost the United States dearly, depending on India. A recently published report in the Financial Times is an example. Those who saw India’s role yesterday seem to become mindful that there’s no role India can play now.

The Biden administration looks like it is now working to reset China’s policy. Recently, the Financial Times quotes US Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Mark Milley as saying, “I think China has a ways to go to develop the actual, no-kidding capability to conduct military operations to seize, through military means, the entire island of Taiwan, if they wanted to do that,” at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing.

Similarly, Bernie Sanders, in his most recent article in Foreign Affairs, has called for a change in China policy. Thus, the US wants to alter the China policy.

Even within India, some scholars, responsible journalists and think tanks have concluded that India is nowhere in the world currently and will not be soon. Recently, Kanti Bajpai admitted this fact in his interview with senior Indian journalist Karan Thapar about his recent book India Versus China: Why They Are Not Friends.

So what is the actual position of India in the world?

Modi’s India is in the same situation as I said in last year’s Asia Times article. I wrote, “There is a very popular Hindi proverb, “Dhobi ka kutta, na Ghar ka na ghat ka.” A working translation: “A person who is supported nowhere.”

Modi will find no beneficial friends when he needs them in the future by putting all his eggs in the American basket.

Chinese Translation:

Raaakisazih

Country flag

After the Narendra Modi-led government’s grave failure to combat the explosive second wave of Covid-19, this wave exacerbated by the Delta variant, Western media, think tanks and academia have shifted their attention to India again.

Earlier, the West projected India as a critical partner of the US to contain China’s economic and strategic clout.

That focus gained adherence after India and the US signed the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement in August 2016, and both countries inked the subsequent foundational agreements. US President Donald Trump’s first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, termed US strategy the “planned partnership for the entire 21st century.”

But now, in stark contrast, India is being dismissed in the Western world as an ineligible partner for the Western world to contain China. The Western refocus on India now in the West is the realization of Western strategists that they made a mistake to project India as a global player. They started to recognize that India has power and strategic illusion. But they made an error , misjudging India’s proper position.

Last October 20, I wrote an article in Asia Times entitled, “India is nowhere in the world, denial won’t work.” More than a thousand Indians from India and the Indian diaspora sent me insulting and abusive emails. I didn’t feel sad about those emails. Rather, they made me laugh, and I felt pity for those who sent them.

Some of my Indian scholarly friends inside and outside India also expressed their discontent with my article. They said they found my characterization of their country over the top.

However, my comments about India were not baseless. While working at the Nepal South Asia Centre, a Kathmandu-based South Asian think tank, I had the opportunity to observe South Asia very closely.

I have a fair understanding of trade, technology, economy, politics, culture, religion, population, democracy, human rights, international relations, diplomacy and the strategies of India and other South Asian countries. I also have had plenty of opportunity to observe the Indian psyche.

I used to tell my Indian friends to wait and see that my perception of India would be proven correct sooner or later.

The pumped-up claims by Indian political leaders, top bureaucrats, diplomats, think tanks, journalists and scholars for their ideas of India’s role on the global stage used to astonish me. I used to believe that they were immersed in a fantasy far away from ground reality.

I now recognize that there is a big difference between the powerful land they have imagined and India’s actual economic and strategic position on the global stage.

In exchanging views with my Indian friends, I had always advised them not to believe the baseless claims made by their cleverer-by-half leaders and babus (top bureaucrats). I kept repeating my assertion: “India is nowhere in the world.” Many Indian friends became furious after hearing me say it.

The miserable failure to combat the coronavirus pandemic has exposed India’s weakness. The West had a misconception that India is growing and can be a global player and instrumental in countering China. However, the epidemic helped the West to dispel its illusion.

Recall a few facts. India, among the South Asian countries, is at the bottom of the Global Hunger Index, 2020. India even lags behind literally starving countries such as Congo, Ethiopia and Angola.

One in five Indians still earns under US$37.50 a month – and 88.87 percent of the population or, in other words, nine out of ten, still make less than US$ 165 a month in India.

Economic activity in India is limited to a tiny population. Out of a population of 1.36 billion, only 14.6 million people had taxable income in the fiscal year 2018/2019. India’s taxable income is above the figure of US$6,750.

Only 4.6 million Indians earn more than one million Indian rupees, an amount that equals slightly less than US$13,500.

Urban India, known to the West as India, accounts for only about 35 percent of the country’s population. Sixty-five percent of India’s population lives in rural areas. Thus, the countryside of India is very different from what India looks like in the world.

Despite the economic reforms that began in July 1991, India only grew to join merely the $2.5 trillion economies in 2019. In the Lok Sabha election campaign 2019, the Modi government raised the slogan of creating a $5 trillion economy by 2024. But India’s ambition to become a $5 trillion economy is unlikely to be realized even by 2030.

After the Coronavirus outbreak in China in March last year, there was much hype insisting that the caravan of manufacturers from China would rush to India. But there was no basis and reason for international manufacturing companies to relocate to India from China. I wrote in Asia Times last year to explain why manufacturing companies would not relocate to India from China.

Thus, as I want to repeat once again, as always in the past, India was nowhere in the world. India is nowhere in the world now. And India will be nowhere in the world in the distant future.

It does not make sense to falsely claim that India becomes a vishwaguru (world teacher) or global economic power at ordinary times. Certainly there was no possibility that India could show leadership in a crisis.

Indian Prime Minister Modi was seen as a global leader in world politics because of the pro-Western policy of his external affairs minister S. Jaishankar. US President Donald Trump used India as a proxy in his China strategy to give the impression to American voters that he would contain China. Trump had a plan to use Modi to help him be reelected in the November 3, 2020, presidential poll. But he failed unsuccessful. Modi suffered from the delusion that Trump really looked upon him as a global leader.

American strategists are well aware that Indian political leaders and high-ranking government officials have Dionysian personality traits.

American Psychological Anthropologist Ruth Fulton Benedict says that there are two types of personality traits in human beings. The first is Apollonian, and the second is Dionysian. An Apollonian person does not seek status and doesn’t want a leadership role. Meanwhile, the Dionysian person seeks more status than he/she deserves.

Due to the Dionysian personality traits prevalent among the Indian political leaders who seek more status than they actually command in reality, Indians have come to believe that they can play a role in rebalancing the US and China in the world.

The media coverage of India’s failure to control Covid-19 in the West means a lot to India. First, the West has concluded that India cannot play the role that the West wants India to play.

The West has realized that any miscalculation against China by relying on India would have cost the United States dearly, depending on India. A recently published report in the Financial Times is an example. Those who saw India’s role yesterday seem to become mindful that there’s no role India can play now.

The Biden administration looks like it is now working to reset China’s policy. Recently, the Financial Times quotes US Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Mark Milley as saying, “I think China has a ways to go to develop the actual, no-kidding capability to conduct military operations to seize, through military means, the entire island of Taiwan, if they wanted to do that,” at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing.

Similarly, Bernie Sanders, in his most recent article in Foreign Affairs, has called for a change in China policy. Thus, the US wants to alter the China policy.

Even within India, some scholars, responsible journalists and think tanks have concluded that India is nowhere in the world currently and will not be soon. Recently, Kanti Bajpai admitted this fact in his interview with senior Indian journalist Karan Thapar about his recent book India Versus China: Why They Are Not Friends.

Modi’s India is in the same situation as I said in last year’s Asia Times article. I wrote, “There is a very popular Hindi proverb, “Dhobi ka kutta, na Ghar ka na ghat ka.” A working translation: “A person who is supported nowhere.”

Modi will find no beneficial friends when he needs them in the future by putting all his eggs in the American basket.

Chinese Translation:
Good article from a chinese lapdog india had the guts to announce it death figures by coronavirus while retarded chinese were hiding bodies and the fact that china was responsible for coronavirus ask this nepali that if india is nowhere then why do they come to india for help and jobs this lapdog of yours give jumbo figures without any source no wonder why his indian counterparts call him a retard too even after being so rich china could only hire a third grade analyst 🤣🤣🤣 could have done better son

Cheran

Country flag

Chinese Translation:
India is nowhere, says the CCP Wumao 1 cent troll.

But yet, Muh network-centric soopapowah CCP thugs had to withdraw from F4 to their position F8/beyond.

Lol, it is one thing to be "no-one in the world" but imagine CCP running with their tails between their legs to beyond F8. Lol

PS - India is still squatting in Arunachal Pradesh/Tawang & their aint nothing WuMao's & their 1 cent Nepali lapdogs can do about it.

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
China: A Colossus with a Foot of Clay

To start with the CCP has been an instrument for ruthless repression ever since it seized full power in 1949. By best estimates... the many atrocities it led have claimed at least 80 million lives.

Decades of misguided policies in Tibet, Xinjiang, Manchuria and Inner Mongolia have surpassed the worst cases of ethnic repression recorded under successive dynasties.

The CCP started with a handful of self-loathing bourgeois intellectuals who sought power by appealing to a peasantry they hardly knew. A century later, it is led by another handful of self-adulating intellectuals who maintain themselves in power with the support of a new class of wealthy entrepreneurs they find harder and harder to control.

The CCP may be proud of its economic success after Deng Xiaoping's reforms, but it celebrates its centenary with "re-education camps" in Xinjiang (East Turkestan), crackdown in Hong Kong and childish but dangerous imperial gesticulations in neighboring seas.

:pound:

Jimih

Country flag
China the greatest money launderer :laugh:

Tanzania: Another Chinese centre for money laundering

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles