Chinese political watch

indiatester

Country flag
I'm starting this thread to keep a watch on the political developments in China.
First off, what surprised me today was a talk of this

CPC proposes change on Chinese president's term in Constitution

This would mean that the Chinese communist party is quite vulnerable to sycophancy and that is not good for the stability of the region in general.

rockdog

Country flag
Xi is almost strongest leader after Mao, even more powerful than Deng. At Deng's era, he still didn't fully control the PLA.

It's not surprise he is going hold the power for at least 20 years, and turning China as the super size of Singapore.

I hope with his Smart Dictatorship, next 15 year he would bring China as the biggest economy, and don't make stupid mistake as Jackass Mao.

And after 20 years when China finally pass the mid-income trap with USD20,000 per GDP, next leader would start the democratic process.

cyclops

Country flag
I suggest people subscribe to this YouTube channel.
Some very good CCP propaganda free chini news.

The host is funny af.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I recall last year when I was discussing with my colleague about all the political reforms happening in China, both of us wondered how is Xi gonna make sure that his political legacy would remain intact and the reforms he started would continue after he serves two terms as president, because it was clear that 10 years is not long enough for all these reforms to be finished and no one could be certain that his successor could be as assertive as him. I guess this is Xi's answer.

rockdog

Country flag
I recall last year when I was discussing with my colleague about all the political reforms happening in China, both of us wondered how is Xi gonna make sure that his political legacy would remain intact and the reforms he started would continue after he serves two terms as president, because it was clear that 10 years is not long enough for all these reforms to be finished and no one could be certain that his successor could be as assertive as him. I guess this is Xi's answer.
Yes, i don't like CCP, but i personally support Xi holding the power for next 15 years. China is on two key tasks in next decades, one is becoming no.1 economic power, second is taking Taiwan no matter by peace or military; both need a stable determined team and long term strategy.

rockdog

Country flag
@rockdog @nimo_cn @asianobserve
Shouldn't the strength of the Chinese system be in CCP and not in a single person?
I found this proposal rather strange to ensure just a person gets to rule for longer.
U may still not fully understand CCP's ruling system, the CCP is controlled by a group of elites, not a single person.

Except Mao, in CCP there are never any true dictator would do whatever he wants. Still in every 5 year, the Political Bureau will evaluate the top leader whether capable or not; if Xi were doing badly, he also has risk to be sacked, just like Nikita Khrushchev.

indiatester

Country flag
U may still not fully understand CCP's ruling system, the CCP is controlled by a group of elites, not a single person.

Except Mao, in CCP there are never any true dictator would do whatever he wants. Still in every 5 year, the Political Bureau will evaluate the top leader whether capable or not; if Xi were doing badly, he also has risk to be sacked, just like Nikita Khrushchev.
Yeah... I'm unable to understand why this proposal is even being discussed. I could have understood if there was an emergency situation (economy, war, unrest etc) for such an extension. But right now the China is in a good state. Why get into personality cult.
This will surely tick off others who were in line of succession and their discontent can be used by others to cause issues.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
Woah, you all are talking as if the CCP is a normal party with normal functionality.

Nothing is normal about the CCP - everything about it is pathological, from its lies, deceit, violence, oppression, imperialism, etc. Xi obviously wants to extend his rule, and he pretty much has total power - that there exists some "committee" out there that could depose him is a joke.

How much garbage can you believe until you start realising that you're believing the sun rises in the West and sets in the East and Mao was the return of Jesus? Just how much rubbish can you 50-centers believe in, and how stupid do you think Indians on this forum especially are to believe your hilarious propaganda?

Yggdrasil

Country flag

LOL I ask you question - do you really believe this, or are you just saying it? Be honest one time only.

Yes, i don't like CCP, but i personally support Xi holding the power for next 15 years.
LOL again - typical propaganda tool. Good cop tries to sympathise with adversary a little bit, saying "oh, between you and me, I don't really like God Emperor Xi Dada but here's why he's not so bad...."

You people are hilarious. I feel more sorry for the PRC retards than the Porkis, to some extent.

Porkis deep inside know that their goose is cooked - it's just a matter of time before their country collapses, they're a beggar state with no future and no past.

The amazing thing is you CCPigs really believe Mao's feces is fragrant.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Yeah... I'm unable to understand why this proposal is even being discussed. I could have understood if there was an emergency situation (economy, war, unrest etc) for such an extension. But right now the China is in a good state. Why get into personality cult.
This will surely tick off others who were in line of succession and their discontent can be used by others to cause issues.
@rockdog @nimo_cn @asianobserve
Shouldn't the strength of the Chinese system be in CCP and not in a single person?
I found this proposal rather strange to ensure just a person gets to rule for longer.
I honestly don't have any answer to your bewilderment because I myself was kind of overwhelmed, what I am gonna say is my own observation about this proposal.

My understanding about today's China is that there is no room for dictatorship, not even within the party, hence the proposal is not to make Xi a dictator.

Actually the timing is critical, it's becoming obvious that China will economically overtake US within a decade if China continues to grow at the current rate. this decade is gonna be more dangerous for China, the narrowing gap between China and US will force Americans to take actions against China.

And to finish the political reform in China, the one who started them needs to stay in the position, because these reforms are not approved by everyone and are meeting resistance within the party. If China wishes to grow, these political reforms must be finished.

Notwithstanding, this proposal, just like Xi's reforms, is controversial and unprecedented, I hope for the best.

captscooby81

Country flag
These two are the reasons ..War is surely coming its just matter of when and to that happen they need a Cult leader who can make people believe what ever he is doing is for the people s good ..

Economy is really something which no one has clue where its heading ..I seriously see that the economy may not grow as fast has it used to grow and the export markets also don t have such a big stomach to consume china s massive export capacity..

Sadly this is very bad news for India too ..A dictator who is trying to prove himself as the greatest person to walk in china after jade emperor of middle kingdom will surely like to pull some actions stunts to impress his people ...and we are right across the border for those stunts to be played out ...

(economy, war) .

aliyah

according to history whenever 1 person has absolute power.....it creates many enemy inside then outside..... and result is treason n blood all over

nimo_cn

Country flag
Kerry Brown, a former British diplomat in China and author of CEO China: The Rise of Xi Jinping, said Beijing's decision to signal Mr Xi's continued rule suggested China was determined to be "the winner" on the global stage.

"I wouldn't interpret this as too much a sign of strength, more one further indication that the Xi leadership will do anything - repeat anything - to ensure that China's moment up to 2021 of finally being restored to its status as a great power is completely assured," he told The Telegraph.

"So leadership changes and things like that will be treated with absolute micro management, and the elite positions are unlikely to shift much.

"This is just a sign of how high the stakes are. With an ailing and declining US, and Europe just muddling on, China is determined finally to be a winner. And you don't change the jockey on a winning horse half way through a race."

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kerry Brown, a former British diplomat in China and author of CEO China: The Rise of Xi Jinping, said Beijing's decision to signal Mr Xi's continued rule suggested China was determined to be "the winner" on the global stage.

"I wouldn't interpret this as too much a sign of strength, more one further indication that the Xi leadership will do anything - repeat anything - to ensure that China's moment up to 2021 of finally being restored to its status as a great power is completely assured," he told The Telegraph.

"So leadership changes and things like that will be treated with absolute micro management, and the elite positions are unlikely to shift much.

"This is just a sign of how high the stakes are. With an ailing and declining US, and Europe just muddling on, China is determined finally to be a winner. And you don't change the jockey on a winning horse half way through a race."

Like how Russia is a winner under Fuhrer Putin? To be honest with you, this is a huge insult to the collective intelligence of the Chinese people that they must be ruled by a pseudo emperor.

Always remember the age old axiom: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
This is bad for China.
  • The Chinese state will be become more brittle, not stronger.
  • Xi's own opponents within CCP (not just Jiang faction) will forment social unrest and revolutionary tenancies to weaken the Chinese state, because their future is uncertain if Xi has an indefinite term
  • To keep an inner circle of loyalists, Xi will also make certain other positions within the party and the state "indefinite." This will decrease the competitive spirit and motivation among CCP's ranks. You will no longer see governors taking up big public-works projects to impress Beijing, because they can no longer dream of making it to Beijing
  • Like all other dictatorships, Xi will become increasingly paranoid, and with it, the state itself will become more paranoid and oppressive. Unlike with Putin, Xi will have 100X more conspiracies and conspirators to deal with.
  • CCP will lose its "internal party democracy" excuse to the Chinese people
Chinese were happy with one person accumulating 100% power, as long as that power came with a 10-year expiry date. Now that happiness will be tested.

In a way this move undoes everything Deng Xiaoping worked for. The route to power in CCP will be dirty politics, and not development.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
The power getting more centralised than ever before ,Xi is called chairman of Everything and It is getting more and more true ,it also means Xi has firm control over politburo ,this in long term will not augur well for China as emperor Xi will not stop here

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
China was always a one-party dictatorship......but now it becomes the world's biggest one person dictatorship.

Its simply amazing that in the 21st century....we still have one man dictatorships.
Xi will now becomes a God like figure and ordinary Chinese as well as all the powerful Chinese politicians will fall over themselves to be the first in line to wipe Xi Jinping's butt every time he decides to take a dump.

So this is what the great Chinese society of the future will be - One man in complete control of the destiny of 1.3 billion people......or maybe its better to call them "peasants".

I call them peasants because the control they have over their own destiny is so tenuous. I am sure a lot of Chinese, even ardent CCP members and Xi admirers must be wondering what the heck (or should I say WTF) is going on with their country.

And all those small ASEAN countries in China backyard, your defense budget had better go up considerably, or China is going to grab every thing and bully everyone who is weak.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles