Chinese Navy Destroyers

SexyChineseLady

Ya'll Nibbiars which variant of the Mstar used makes the difference's.
Which ever variant, the Korean did not use it for their destroyers even they bought it for something else (and that something else had basically no meaningful missiles to be guided.)

And arraignment that the Calcutta used with its radar on top of its mast will heavily restrict the size of whatever variant. It might not be that much bigger than the one on the Israeli corvette.

It is too early to claim anything world beating for radar system that was only used on a corvette and an amphibious vessel previous to Calcutta. In fact, it looks highly suspect as a mainline radar set for a destroyer class ship.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Which ever variant, the Korean did not use it for their destroyers even they bought it for something else (and that something else had basically no meaningful missiles to be guided.)

And arraignment that the Calcutta used with its radar on top of its mast will heavily restrict the size of whatever variant. It might not be that much bigger than the one on the Israeli corvette.

It is too early to claim anything world beating for radar system that was only used on a corvette and an amphibious vessel previous to Calcutta. In fact, it looks highly suspect as a mainline radar set for a destroyer class ship.
Ya'll Nibbiars if you want you can do the size comparsion and compare the variant's. Just using vague terms and points which nit reflect anything's.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars if you want you can do the size comparsion and compare the variant's. Just using vague terms and points which nit reflect anything's.
I said the Kolkata question, about the radar,
First of all, the phased array radar is placed on the top of the mast. In fact, the 45-level and the French Horizon level are also of this structure. There is no major problem, but the Kolkata radar is too heavy, 7t, plus the necessary auxiliary equipment, the weight is increased to 9t. Has severely endangered the ship’s center of gravity and seaworthiness, and the installation of other equipment has also been severely affected

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, deficient missiles, we all know china is unable to match Brahmos, even most of the western nations don't have any comparable systems as Brahmos.
It is not wishful thinking, but hard facts
BrahMos caused more than half of the problems in Kolkata.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Let me talk about the power system first. The four DT59 gas turbines look very powerful.
Even if the thermal power attenuation still exceeds the Ticonderoga-class cruiser
But DT59 is already a product of the 1970s, and there is no development potential.
052D uses two GT25000 gas turbines and two diesel engines. Although it is not as powerful as India, it has great potential for development.
055 uses four QC280s (products after China's upgrade of GT25000) to achieve a displacement of 12000t, and there is a 30% power surplus, which is convenient for subsequent upgrades
Thanks for that.
1. Thanks for accepting that Chinese power plant is not as powerful as Indian one. So far as future is concern, ee are making best naval gas turbine in collaboration with Rolls-Royce. So there shall be no match between in India and China in future.
2. Now look at the length. Indian destroyer is longer and provides a potential to accommodate lot more equipments in up grade. It may provide the place for additional chopper of foldable wings.
3. MFSTAR is mounted very high on a tower gives it a much better line of sight. The power of MFSTAR will allow it to see a very small RCS object from far away compared to substandard Chinese Radar. MF STAR's performance is improving in all subsequent Destroyer. Only Agies class of US can match the performance of MFSTAR.
3. All Indian Discover and frigates has brahmo primary attack missile with 450 km range. It has fully Supersonic flight through its flight envalope. On the other hand, Chinese missile's speed is subconic except in terminal phase. Brahmos has different type of attack maneuvers in the end game including C and S maneuvers , topattack etc. while Chinese missile will simply Cruise towards other ships which can be shot down very easily either with long range interceptor, short range interceptor or guns. Chinese HQ is a shitty system which is only moderately effective against aircraft and totally useless against supersonic cruise missile like Brahmos. It simply can not stop Brahmos.

These are some basic points. I will discuss other features later.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I said the Kolkata question, about the radar,
First of all, the phased array radar is placed on the top of the mast. In fact, the 45-level and the French Horizon level are also of this structure. There is no major problem, but the Kolkata radar is too heavy, 7t, plus the necessary auxiliary equipment, the weight is increased to 9t. Has severely endangered the ship’s center of gravity and seaworthiness, and the installation of other equipment has also been severely affected
Ohhh 7 ton radar (If I believe your figure) is too heavy for a 7500 ton destroyer????!!!!! You guys never fails to entertain. Kolkatta class platform is longer with almost same weight and hence provides much better stability and scope of equiping with new equipments.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thanks for that.
1. Thanks for accepting that Chinese power plant is not as powerful as Indian one. So far as future is concern, ee are making best naval gas turbine in collaboration with Rolls-Royce. So there shall be no match between in India and China in future.
2. Now look at the length. Indian destroyer is longer and provides a potential to accommodate lot more equipments in up grade. It may provide the place for additional chopper of foldable wings.
3. MFSTAR is mounted very high on a tower gives it a much better line of sight. The power of MFSTAR will allow it to see a very small RCS object from far away compared to substandard Chinese Radar. MF STAR's performance is improving in all subsequent Destroyer. Only Agies class of US can match the performance of MFSTAR.
3. All Indian Discover and frigates has brahmo primary attack missile with 450 km range. It has fully Supersonic flight through its flight envalope. On the other hand, Chinese missile's speed is subconic except in terminal phase. Brahmos has different type of attack maneuvers in the end game including C and S maneuvers , topattack etc. while Chinese missile will simply Cruise towards other ships which can be shot down very easily either with long range interceptor, short range interceptor or guns. Chinese HQ is a shitty system which is only moderately effective against aircraft and totally useless against supersonic cruise missile like Brahmos. It simply can not stop Brahmos.

These are some basic points. I will discuss other features later.
I don’t want to talk about what gas turbines there will be in India, I only know that the gas turbines in Kolkata are terrible.
As for the radar, I have already said that the increase of the radar position will not cause the radar observation range to increase too long, only a few kilometers, but the impact on the hull structure is disastrous.
One advantage of Calcutta is that you can bring two helicopters
As for BrahMos’s question, I might say

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ohhh 7 ton radar (If I believe your figure) is too heavy for a 7500 ton destroyer????!!!!! You guys never fails to entertain. Kolkatta class platform is longer with almost same weight and hence provides much better stability and scope of equiping with new equipments.
Have you studied mechanics?

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don’t want to talk about what gas turbines there will be in India, I only know that the gas turbines in Kolkata are terrible.
As for the radar, I have already said that the increase of the radar position will not cause the radar observation range to increase too long, only a few kilometers, but the impact on the hull structure is disastrous.
A longer platform will not bring better stability, but can only reduce drag and increase speed.

johnq

You don't really know anything, and are only spreading Chinese Communist Party (CCP) propaganda here. It's so sad and pathetic how CCP bots eat vinegar so much that they have to criticize Indian ships in a thread about Chinese destroyers in order to make themselves feel better. :rofl:

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya sure, first develop a system like Brahmos, then we can talk
1627113783191.png

A group of fresh graduates made him out of it, the Navy didn’t want it, and then pulled it to the foreign trade market to cheat money.

SexyChineseLady

You don't really know anything, and are only spreading Chinese Communist Party (CCP) propaganda here. It's so sad and pathetic how CCP bots eat vinegar so much that they have to criticize Indian ships in a thread about Chinese destroyers in order to make themselves feel better. :rofl:

Guess who brought up Calcutta and MF STAR first in a Chinese destroyer thread? :)

Only three Calcutta class which is very small production run. Isn't that crazy to mention in a thread of a ship with a 25 vessel production run?

And also I'm sure MF STAR is a reasonable system but it was used only a corvette before and had never been used on a destroyer until Calcutta. Again, the Koreans passed on MF STAR for their destroyers and used it only on their amphibious vessels which doesn't have anything other than infrared missiles to cue.

Only a three ship run and a small ship radar system. Calcutta should have been mentioned be in this thread!

Tang

Country flag
Guess who brought up Calcutta and MF STAR first in a Chinese destroyer thread? :)

Only three Calcutta class which is very small production run. Isn't that crazy to mention in a thread of a ship with a 25 vessel production run?

And also I'm sure MF STAR is a reasonable system but it was used only a corvette before and had never been used on a destroyer until Calcutta. Again, the Koreans passed on MF STAR for their destroyers and used it only on their amphibious vessels which doesn't have anything other than infrared missiles to cue.

Only a three ship run and a small ship radar system. Calcutta should have been mentioned be in this thread!
Making dozens copy of cheap ships is not an accomplishment.
Do understand that.

johnq

Chinese Communist Party (CCP) propaganda bots don't know what they are talking about with regards to MF Star or other western radar systems, and only keep repeating CCP propaganda points over and over again. Indian versions of these radars also have specific modifications and upgrades not listed in vanilla brochures, but you wouldn't know that from CCP propaganda talking points.
The simple fact is that western/Israeli radar technology is 2 generations ahead of current Chinese radar technology because of technology restrictions placed on China. This is not just me saying this; it's in the latest RAND report quoted in the video above.
The CCP military have figured out some of the hardware part of the radar (and even in this they are quite backward, judging from the primitive T/R modules on them, etc), but the core programming is still based off of old Russian radar technology from the 1990s stolen by CCP military. But in terms of ECM, ECCM, and other programming, Chinese radar systems are behind Russian systems, and certainly nowhere close to western systems.
If Chinese radar technology was so advanced, why did they buy S-400 from Russia which has 2 decades old, downgraded (for export to China) Russian radar technology? And why did CCP military then deploy these S-400 systems near the border with India, if CCP military is so confident of Chinese SAMS and radar systems' superiority?
CCP propaganda defies common sense, and yet CCP bots will not open their eyes and see the truth; that is how brainwashed they are by CCP propaganda.

SexyChineseLady

Making dozens copy of cheap ships is not an accomplishment.
Do understand that.
How could a ship with an Universal VLS, far more missiles and a larger base mounted AESA radar system for destroyers be cheaper than one without an UVLS, less missiles and a smaller corvette/frigate radar?

When a ship is good you make lots of them.

China made two 052Bs. That was not too good. Then 052Cs were better. Made 6.

But 052Ds are very good. Made 25. Maybe more in the future :)

If China just made anything, it would not have iterated from B to C to D and we would have had 25 052Bs!

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Chinese Communist Party (CCP) propaganda bots don't know what they are talking about with regards to MF Star or other western radar systems, and only keep repeating CCP propaganda points over and over again. Indian versions of these radars also have specific modifications and upgrades not listed in vanilla brochures, but you wouldn't know that from CCP propaganda talking points.
The simple fact is that western/Israeli radar technology is 2 generations ahead of current Chinese radar technology because of technology restrictions placed on China. This is not just me saying this; it's in the latest RAND report quoted in the video above.
The CCP military have figured out some of the hardware part of the radar (and even in this they are quite backward, judging from the primitive T/R modules on them, etc), but the core programming is still based off of old Russian radar technology from the 1990s stolen by CCP military. But in terms of ECM, ECCM, and other programming, Chinese radar systems are behind Russian systems, and certainly nowhere close to western systems.
If Chinese radar technology was so advanced, why did they buy S-400 from Russia which has 2 decades old, downgraded (for export to China) Russian radar technology? And why did CCP military then deploy these S-400 systems near the border with India, if CCP military is so confident of Chinese SAMS and radar systems' superiority?
CCP propaganda defies common sense, and yet CCP bots will not open their eyes and see the truth; that is how brainwashed they are by CCP propaganda.
Some needs to tell these bat munchers 50cents propaganda bots that the MF-STAR has an elevation angle from -20° to +85° while their Type 346A radar can only go from 0° to 90°.
Will be interesting to see if that Type 346A radar can even detect sea skimming cruise missiles flying a few meters above the sea surface.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles