Chinese Navy Destroyers

iantsai

Country flag
china had launched 125 "dollar store items", including eight type 055, twenty-five type 052d, four type 052c, fourteen type 054a, fifty type 056a and fourteen type 056 "items" since india had laid the keel of its very first visakapatnom class in 2013.

so, when will india reallllllllly finish this ninty-nine cents store item distoyer? AFAIK, it took sooooo many years before indian could push it out of the shipyard. did they check the hull to make sure it wasn't rusted out?

vampyrbladez

Country flag
china had launched 125 "dollar store items", including eight type 055, twenty-five type 052d, four type 052c, fourteen type 054a, fifty type 056a and fourteen type 056 "items" since india had laid the keel of its very first visakapatnom class in 2013.

so, when will india reallllllllly finish this ninty-nine cents store item distoyer? AFAIK, it took sooooo many years before indian could push it out of the shipyard. did they check the hull to make sure it wasn't rusted out?
Are Chinese destroyers just like their smartphones with built in obsolescence? 😆

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Are Chinese destroyers just like their smartphones with built in obsolescence? 😆
It can only be said that China has too many shipyards that can build warships.
Chinese destroyers and aircraft carriers are built in Dalian and Jiangnan shipyards. Every shipyard can build 2-4 at the same time.

054 Frigate In Hudong Shipyard and Whampoa Shipyard

The frigate 056 is being built in four shipyards.

Conventional submarines can be built in four shipyards.

Nuclear submarines are built in only one shipyard,But can build four at the same time.

And India has only one Cochin Shipyard LTD

Bhurki

The newer destroyers/cruisers are highly modular in nature, whether it be their sensors(block placement) or armament(UVLS cells). These will be much harder to prove obsolescent until the life of the hull is expended, since they can be rapidly retrofitted when newer sensors/armament come into being.

Not to forget the massive margins that PLA Navy is building into these ships. The SWAP(size, weight and power) constraints for sensors are quite relaxed as of now and the ships, without any new back end upgradation, could recieve newer systems on a plug-and-fight basis.

With regards to armament, the UVLS cells are the largest ever fit to a surface ship which provide considerable margins for growth in the future.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I think they own 70% market share in India now ...
Ya'll Nibbiars that share is about to be reduced considering many local brands are entering the market with the help of the PLI. And the assembly is done locally and the parts which are being sourced locally. The OEM's in India are currently seeing double digital growth per annum.

Last edited:

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars that share is about to be reduced considering many local brands are entering the market with the help of the PLI. And rhe assembly is done locally and same about the parts which are being sourced locally. The OEM's in India re currently seeing doble digital growth per annum.
It's kind of like the zero-to-integer ratio of a car. Repair and change all the parts, the price is 3-7 times the price of the whole car.

Haldilal

Country flag
It's kind of like the zero-to-integer ratio of a car. Repair and change all the parts, the price is 3-7 times the price of the whole car.
Ya'll Nibbiars state more clearly.

Haldilal

Country flag
The price of the same model of mobile phone in the Indian market is twice as expensive as in the Chinese market
Ya'll Nibbiars does that mean a phone that is available in India for 80 dollars is available in China for 40 dollar?. And even with that firms like oppo, vivo are making lazer thin profits of 3 to 2 percent in India. I find the Samsung phone more affordable recently. Many of the people I knew brought the Samsung phones as their low range is quite affordable in the entry segment's.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The newer destroyers/cruisers are highly modular in nature, whether it be their sensors(block placement) or armament(UVLS cells). These will be much harder to prove obsolescent until the life of the hull is expended, since they can be rapidly retrofitted when newer sensors/armament come into being.

Not to forget the massive margins that PLA Navy is building into these ships. The SWAP(size, weight and power) constraints for sensors are quite relaxed as of now and the ships, without any new back end upgradation, could recieve newer systems on a plug-and-fight basis.

With regards to armament, the UVLS cells are the largest ever fit to a surface ship which provide considerable margins for growth in the future.
Their best ships are at best comparable to an Arleigh Burke Flt IIA.

Compare what the Zumwalt Class brings to the table in comparison to what the PLAN have.

DDG-Next is a generation ahead of what's on the anvil for Chinese now.

India too is working on a P-18 NGD which will join us by the late 2020s.

The delay in Vishakapatnam Class was due to changing requirements of Indian Navy and just 2 x Indian Naval Shipyards (MDL and GSRE) capable of making these ships.

Newer ships are expected to have much faster delivery timelines with far greater tonnage, VLS and Radar / Sensors.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars does that mean a phone that is available in India for 80 dollars is available in China for 40 dollar?. And even with that firms like oppo, vivo are making lazer thin profits of 3 to 2 percent in India. I find the Samsung phone more affordable recently. Many of the people I knew brought the Samsung phones as their low range is quite affordable in the entry segment's.
I don’t know what phone you are talking about. The lowest price Xiaomi phone I have bought is Redmi 9, which is about 499RMB, (about 65 US dollars). The mobile phones sold in India need to pay customs duties, shipping costs, labor costs, and the price is naturally high. , Samsung has been driven out of the Chinese market by Chinese electronic products,

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Their best ships are at best comparable to an Arleigh Burke Flt IIA.

Compare what the Zumwalt Class brings to the table in comparison to what the PLAN have.

DDG-Next is a generation ahead of what's on the anvil for Chinese now.

India too is working on a P-18 NGD which will join us by the late 2020s.

The delay in Vishakapatnam Class was due to changing requirements of Indian Navy and just 2 x Indian Naval Shipyards (MDL and GSRE) capable of making these ships.

Newer ships are expected to have much faster delivery timelines with far greater tonnage, VLS and Radar / Sensors.
052DL basically has the same performance as Arleigh Burke Flt IIA. 055 basically created a new era of destroyers

Haldilal

Country flag
I don’t know what phone you are talking about. The lowest price Xiaomi phone I have bought is Redmi 9, which is about 499RMB, (about 65 US dollars). The mobile phones sold in India need to pay customs duties, shipping costs, labor costs, and the price is naturally high. , Samsung has been driven out of the Chinese market by Chinese electronic products,
Ya'll Nibbiars Redmi 9 is available in India at around 80 dollar's. But the Initail batch had to many problems. That why a huge price drop in the offline stores.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Redmi 9 is available in India at around 80 dollar's. But the Initail batch had to many problems. That why a huge price drop in the offline stores.
Xiaomi and Huawei are the first Chinese brands to challenge Apple’s market position in China. The quality has not been a problem in China. Samsung has experienced mobile phone battery explosions, and there is basically no room for survival in China.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The price of the same model of mobile phone in the Indian market is twice as expensive as in the Chinese market
Also of piss poor quality,
Low/middle tier ones doesn't last long even for Chini quality
Only thing good about it is their pricetag

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Xiaomi and Huawei are the first Chinese brands to challenge Apple’s market position in China. The quality has not been a problem in China. Samsung has experienced mobile phone battery explosions, and there is basically no room for survival in China.
Having used both Samsung and Xiaomi
I can vouch for Samsung being of superior quality than chini
Trust me on this one Mlechha brother, perhaps you haven't been exposed to higher quality Products of samsung 😂🙏

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Having used both Samsung and Xiaomi
I can vouch for Samsung being of superior quality than chini
Trust me on this one Mlechha brother, perhaps you haven't been exposed to higher quality Products of samsung 😂🙏
Maybe, China’s wealthy people basically use Apple or Huawei. I don’t know Samsung. Korean cars are basically driven out of the Chinese market by Chinese brands.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles