Chinese Navy Destroyers

singhboy98

Country flag
The Chinese are churning out ships like mobile phones. When are we going to do the same?

Wisemarko

Country flag
Paper tigers, worthless in Indian Ocean - 4000km away from their home ports.
Chinese would have ports in Pakistan, Myanmar and possibly Sri Lanka to refuel and even rearm. Don’t underestimate their colossal effort. Their growth is unprecedented and they have both industrial capacity and technology to challenge US in blue waters soon. They are launching very advanced large warships (destroyer, frigate, submarine or aircraft carrier) at a rate of one per month!

Deathstar

Country flag
Compare PLAN now and some 20 years ago , its a miracle how far they have come

Narasimh

Country flag
The Chinese are churning out ships like mobile phones. When are we going to do the same?
The defense budget has to be increased and the naval shipyards have to be combined under one entity first.

shiphone

Country flag
according to the PLAN request, the price of a 12000-ton class Type 055 destroyer is pinned down to around 6 billion China Yuan(CNY), around 880 million USD.

a 6000-ton class Type 052C/D destroyer costs around 3.5-4 billion CNY , less than 600 million USD

a 4000-ton class Type 054A frigate costs around 220 million USD

a 1300-ton class Typd 056/56A corvette costs 100-105 million USD

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
Chinese would have ports in Pakistan, Myanmar and possibly Sri Lanka to refuel and even rearm. Don’t underestimate their colossal effort. Their growth is unprecedented and they have both industrial capacity and technology to challenge US in blue waters soon. They are launching very advanced large warships (destroyer, frigate, submarine or aircraft carrier) at a rate of one per month!
None like Gawadar or Hambantota in Sri Lanka or even east Africa. Myanmar will never even think about it because they are india friendly. Also supply bases are not military bases. None of these countries are fool enough to allow berthing ,repair and resupply bases during a battle. Again if they permit berthing, then Indian Brahmos missiles will follow them there. It is much easier to destroy a stationary ship then a moving ship on high seas.

Hari Sud

Country flag
that doesn't make any sense, the distance won't make much difference to the performance of the destroyer.
Because Chinese made ships often breakdown and require repair. Distance is the key. In a last instance, a Chinese ship broke down in high seas in Indian Ocean had to be left there before the major repair crew with parts arrived and towed it to safety. Imagine that happening during a battle.

Deathstar

Country flag
according to the PLAN request, the price of a 12000-ton class Type 055 destroyer is pinned down to around 6 billion China Yuan(CNY), around 880 million USD.

a 6000-ton class Type 052C/D destroyer costs around 3.5-4 billion CNY , less than 600 million USD

a 4000-ton class Type 054A frigate costs around 220 million USD

a 1300-ton class Typd 056/56A corvette costs 100-105 million USD

Could we ever buy chinese military equipment?

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
China has different objectives it is trying to challenge uncle Sam in Pacific ,uncle Sam is not very happy about it ,10000+ ton destroyers are very good but in comparison to latest US Zumwalt class destroyers or the aegis destroyers they are inferior now south korea is making largest destroyer in Asia so it's not all China today, there is no comparison when we look at Indian Navy and Chinese navy budgets, the difference is exponential even with miniscule budget Indian Navy will have 2 aircraft carriers amd atleast 11 MFSTAR , Barak 8 equipped ships till 2025 and will be building catobar carrier till 2030 these are good numbers for a miniscule budget unless we increase budget at least 2.5% of gdp don't expect to compete with China but certainly Quad and defense articles from Uncle Sam like mh60romeo ,sea guardian drones, P8I MRP will keep India's domination in Indian ocean intact for the time being

smooth manifold

Country flag
Paper tigers, worthless in Indian Ocean - 4000km away from their home ports.
China has different objectives it is trying to challenge uncle Sam in Pacific ,uncle Sam is not very happy about it ,10000+ ton destroyers are very good but in comparison to latest US Zumwalt class destroyers or the aegis destroyers they are inferior now south korea is making largest destroyer in Asia so it's not all China today, there is no comparison when we look at Indian Navy and Chinese navy budgets, the difference is exponential even with miniscule budget Indian Navy will have 2 aircraft carriers amd atleast 11 MFSTAR , Barak 8 equipped ships till 2025 and will be building catobar carrier till 2030 these are good numbers for a miniscule budget unless we increase budget at least 2.5% of gdp don't expect to compete with China but certainly Quad and defense articles from Uncle Sam like mh60romeo ,sea guardian drones, P8I MRP will keep India's domination in Indian ocean intact for the time being
I don't think Zumwalt is going to be produced in very large numbers like Arleigh Burke. only 3 planned so far

shiphone

Country flag
oh...talking about the 'Shit' which reminds me what we saw less than a month ago...LOL..
so called better shit...oh ,no...no others 'produce'that 'better' but some funny megalomania...

Last edited:

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
oh...talking about the 'Shit' which reminds me what we saw less than a month ago...LOL..
so called better shit...oh ,no...no others 'produce'that 'better' but some funny megalomania...

Chink has got riled up ,it's good that chinks were kept arms length away from the business end

smooth manifold

Country flag
China's second 055 destroyer begins sea trial

According to various Chinese sources, the second 10,000-ton class missile destroyer Type 055 built by Jiangnan Shipyard begins its first sea trial today.

The 055 destroyer No. 2 was launched at Jiangnan Shipyard in April 2018.

055 No. 2 hanging flags

https://www.toutiao.com/a6706397695122080270/

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
how many years ago? which type frigate?

there are still several over 30 years old frigates in PLAN service...maybe I can offer more pix about it. I have quite some experiences getting on board of PLAN vessels. new or old...lol

but to be honest , I really don't know what you are talking about--- so called "partition walls made of plywood"? any pix?..

vampyrbladez

Country flag
how many years ago? which type frigate?

there are still several over 30 years old frigates in PLAN service...maybe I can offer more pix about it. I have quite some experiences getting on board of PLAN vessels. new or old...lol

but to be honest , I really don't know what you are talking about--- so called "partition walls made of plywood"? any pix?..
You do realize that this will be obsolete in 5 years with the new US LSC class coming out based on the Zumwalt Class and the SPY 6 AMDR architecture.

Indian destroyers with 16x BrahMos missiles outgun this vessel although the Type 055 has really good SAM capabilities using HHQ 9B naval variants.

shiphone

Country flag
yeah...yeah....as you wish...
but we really can't understand the unique Indian Logic and talking culture...lol...

------------------
another view angle of the first 055 DDG. '101' is a historic Pennant No, "NanChang" is a heroical city

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles